Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not really sure how you can call knocking out and imprisoning the leader of a whole actual planet and effectively causing an intergalactic incident "small business." In more relatable terms, that's essentially like knocking out the president of a country, and then throwing him in your own private clubhouse jail. Wars have been started for far less, and this is on a galactic scale, and the Legion's already on thin ice with the UP as it is.
    But the thing is, we weren't even shown what went down. Jon having fun with his friend, punching planet-sized jerk out. And becoming fugitive is great. But, the event isn't given that much importance. Heck! Damian going rogue and jon bringing damian in seen as bigger "sin".
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If it's true that 5G is going to have Jon as Superman, then he won't be staying with the Legion much longer. Maybe he decides they've caused enough trouble, and already pissed off about the business with Damian, decides to come home?

    5G looks likely to start properly in October, as the Generation one-shots run to September and Green Lantern also ends that month. As such, Supergirl couldn't have got to issue 50 anyway.
    They could do what they did in silverage. Have a superman and superboy. Told from two points in time.

  2. #17
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    But the thing is, we weren't even shown what went down. Jon having fun with his friend, punching planet-sized jerk out. And becoming fugitive is great. But, the event isn't given that much importance.
    You're not really making much sense here. The majority of the issue is devoted to the incident with Ultra Boy's dad. The issue is primarily us being shown it. When Mon-El knocks him out first on Rimbor Cosmic Boy starts freaking out over what happened, and Ultra Boy himself flat out says "we, as a group, are in a lot of trouble." Then later Dawnstar has to interrupt Saturn Girl's team on Planet Gotham over the incident. Then at the end of the issue the alarm sounds, and Ultra Boy's dad explains that they kidnapped a warrior leader of a planet, and that because of that they've "ended the Legion of Super-Heroes" And back in issue 2 Ultra Boy sets up and stresses the fact that his father has a lot of pull in the United Planets.

    Jon knocking him out and arresting him isn't the most important part, but rather it's the period to this giant intergalactic incident the kids have gotten themselves into. And funny enough, I'm guessing Ultra Boy's dad is attacking Jon in the back half of the issue yelling "no, I arrest you" because Jon and Mon-El are supposed to look alike. That might be a fun gag that further frustrates Mon-El.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You're not really making much sense here. The majority of the issue is devoted to the incident with Ultra Boy's dad. The issue is primarily us being shown it. When Mon-El knocks him out first on Rimbor Cosmic Boy starts freaking out over what happened, and Ultra Boy himself flat out says "we, as a group, are in a lot of trouble." Then later Dawnstar has to interrupt Saturn Girl's team on Planet Gotham over the incident. Then at the end of the issue the alarm sounds, and Ultra Boy's dad explains that they kidnapped a warrior leader of a planet, and that because of that they've "ended the Legion of Super-Heroes" And back in issue 2 Ultra Boy sets up and stresses the fact that his father has a lot of pull in the United Planets.

    Jon knocking him out and arresting him isn't the most important part, but rather it's the period to this giant intergalactic incident the kids have gotten themselves into. And funny enough, I'm guessing Ultra Boy's dad is attacking Jon in the back half of the issue yelling "no, I arrest you" because Jon and Mon-El are supposed to look alike. That might be a fun gag that further frustrates Mon-El.
    Issue might be devoted explaining his dad. But, it doesn't show it. Was the guy being captured offpaneled or no? It was. How will i feel anything towards aftermath of an offpanel event.jon bringing damian in was made out to be bigger deal. I would rather have gotten to see jon arresting him and with the jerk being an actual threat. You know bully the bully goldenage superman style and get into trouble.the whole thing felt like two minutes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-15-2020 at 12:46 AM.

  4. #19
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Issue might be devoted explaining his dad. But, it doesn't show it. Was the guy being captured offpaneled or no? It was. How will i feel anything towards aftermath of an offpanel event.
    What "off panel event" are you talking about? Him being teleported to New Earth while unconscious after Mon-El knocked him out? Or is it him being walked to a cell while unconscious after Jon knocked him out? You "needed" to see those moments, huh? C'mon now, you know dang well that's not even good enough to be a nitpick let alone an actual criticism of the story. We're shown all of the relevant events very clearly.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What "off panel event" are you talking about? Him being teleported to New Earth while unconscious after Mon-El knocked him out? Or is it him being walked to a cell while unconscious after Jon knocked him out? You "needed" to see those moments, huh? C'mon now, you know dang well that's not even good enough to be a nitpick let alone an actual criticism of the story. We're shown all of the relevant events very clearly.
    We don't see how damian and jon come into conflict with the guy. All we see is "no, i arrest you" with jon getting slammed to te ground. Then jon punches back with damian losing his rope tie his legs and of balance , he gets beat. It lasted two seconds. Jon challenging the guy should have included and the fight should have lasted. The event(aftermath, last punch) also just could have been emphasised more. Have saturn girl be like "shit! Jon messed up. Oh! Noooo! ". Jon be like "what? what did i do wrong?i just punched a jerk!!! Guys!! Hey!! ". Instead, it was "oh! Nooo! Damian is here".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-15-2020 at 01:25 AM.

  6. #21
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    We don't see how damian and jon come into conflict with the guy. All we see is "no, i arrest you" with jon getting slammed to te ground.
    I think you fundamentally don't seem to be getting the fact that Jon isn't the only hero in this book, and the whole Legion will be in trouble with the United Planets. And, as I said before, Jon coming into contact with Ultra Boy's dad and knocking him out is the incidental period to what was already the larger issue of the Legion knocking him out already and then basically abducting him to begin with. And there is quite a lot of gravity given to this whole thing given the fact that not only does Cosmic Boy freak out over this, but Dawnstar feels the need to involve the whole Legion, and every other word out of Ultra Boy's mouth is about how bad an idea this is and how much trouble they'll all be in. Then the issue literally ends with Ultra Boy's dad explaining just how bad they f#%ked up while the alarms go off at Legion HQ.

    And on top of that this is also the straw that broke the camel's backs as far as the tense relationship between them and the Legion. This seems to be just the excuse the UP needs to come down on all of the Legion's activities, and that includes them getting to likely charge the Legion with breaking the UP law of bringing Jon Kent to the future. And this also puts Rimbor (Ultra Boy's homeworld) in worse state than it's already in because it now no longer has an acting leader on-world.

    The idea behind the snowball effect of this whole thing is to illustrate just how young and impulsive the Legion as a whole can be, and this is that catching up with them. Last issue Rose even chews them out for how they've been conducting themselves and basically antagonizing the UP by flaunting their autonomy and leaving the UP out of the loop.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    Who tryina throw some hands in SFV or Granblue Fantasy Vs?

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,342

    Default

    Panel time isn't the problem. The whole incident just wasn't well grand enough nor emphasised enough in the right way,for me. Especially, if that incident was the reason jon becomes a fugitive. It needed the right emphasis . Also, the issue was advertised as supersons reunion also. Jon and damian getting a bit of panel time wouldn't be out of the field. Even though that isn't my problem.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    607

    Default

    How long is Romita going be around for? I don't like what he's doing.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  9. #24
    Helping the Helpless Denirac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,968

    Default

    Y'all Missed One:

    C76B595A-D9F3-43CA-80E7-14A9E2086E84.jpg
    SHAZAM! #13
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    card stock variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    He’s baaaaaaack!
    The greatest kid superhero ever faces the worst teen supervillain as Billy Batson and the Shazam family confront Superboy Prime. Superboy Prime has the powers of Superman and none of his heroic morality—can even Shazam stop the most powerful threat he and his family have ever encountered?
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-15-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Wally West deserved better than Heroes in Crisis

    Pull List:

    DC: JUSTICE LEAGUE, JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK, JUSTICE LEAGUE ODYSSEY, ACTION COMICS, LEVIATHAN, LAST KNIGHT ON EARTH

    MARVEL: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, VENOM, WEB OF VENOM, ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, DAREDEVIL, HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, FANTASTIC FOUR

    BOOM STUDIOS: BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL

  10. #25
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Y'all Missed One:

    C76B595A-D9F3-43CA-80E7-14A9E2086E84.jpg
    SHAZAM! #13
    written by GEOFF JOHNS
    art and cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    card stock variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
    He’s baaaaaaack!
    The greatest kid superhero ever faces the worst teen supervillain as Billy Batson and the Shazam family confront Superboy Prime. Superboy Prime has the powers of Superman and none of his heroic morality—can even Shazam stop the most powerful threat he and his family have ever encountered?
    ON SALE 05.27.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    Heh I really can’t wait to see this. I wonder if Johns is going to poke fun at all the people who screamed he ruined Billy forever?

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh I really can’t wait to see this. I wonder if Johns is going to poke fun at all the people who screamed he ruined Billy forever?
    Either that or play on a kid transforming into an adult fighting a man-child.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •