Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman May 2020 Solicitations

SUPERMAN #23
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    With Superman’s secret identity suddenly revealed to the world, many in his life are worried that he has been tricked or duped into destroying his own privacy! All the more worrisome is Superman has been very susceptible to mysticism. Could all this madness be magic related? It’s time to call the doctor…Dr. Fate!
    ON SALE 05.13.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #7
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Jonathan Kent, intergalactic fugitive! The United Planets is less than thrilled with the decision to bring Superboy a thousand years into the future to protect the past. Planet Gotham is under siege. Ultra Boy’s homeworld is on the verge of all-out war. And as if that weren’t enough, new Legionnaire drama unfolds as Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy throw down over who should take on the Legion’s leadership! Plus, Brainiac 5 will reveal a secret that will make one Legionnaire quit the team—and we ask the burning question: Who is the strongest Legionnaire? Find out in the only book telling you the future of the 
DC Universe every month!
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #1
    written by SCOTT SNYDER
    art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    card stock foil cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Batman variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    Superman variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    Wonder Woman variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    1:100 variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Black and white party variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    blank variant cover
    Get ready for the earth-shattering encore! The legendary team behind Dark Nights: Metal and Batman: Last Knight on Earth take center stage and reunite for one last tour.
    When the Earth is enveloped by the Dark Multiverse, the Justice League is at the mercy of the Batman Who Laughs. Humanity struggles to survive in a hellish landscape twisted beyond recognition, while Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman have all been separated and fight to survive. Unleash the beast and let the head banging begin!
    ON SALE 05.13.20 | CARD STOCK COVERS
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

ACTION COMICS #1023
    art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Just days after Clark Kent’s own shocking revelation, the facts behind who actually owns The Daily Planet have been revealed—and all hell has broken loose! The fallout from the Superman: Villains special starts here! No one is safe as a new era of Superman stories begins! Plus, now that the dust has settled, is the Red Cloud hero or villain?
    ON SALE 05.27.20

SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #11
    written by MATT FRACTION
    art and cover by STEVE LIEBER
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Hey, look—it’s issue 11 of a 12-issue series, so it’s the perfect jumping-on point for new readers! Mysteries get solved, criminals are revealed, and a secret ally emerges from the shadows. Want more? There are robots, aliens, and The Daily Planet faces a threat to its existence at the same moment the actual planet faces the same! Now’s the time to get on board, guys!
    ON SALE 05.20.20

LOIS LANE #11
    written by GREG RUCKA
    art and cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by JOËLLE JONES
    The braid begins to unravel as Lois, Renee Montoya, Midnight, and Sister Clarice all come together. Now the intrepid reporter must face the reporter’s dilemma—what truths to tell, and at what cost?
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

EVENT LEVIATHAN: CHECKMATE #2
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by KODE ABDO
    Something about Leviathan’s rise to power doesn’t make sense! How did the organization get so big—and so powerful—so fast? How did Leviathan gather so many acolytes to its cause so quickly? As Checkmate digs deeper into Leviathan’s inner workings, what they find is a mountain of lies that could impact the entire world! Checkmate’s only recourse is to infiltrate Leviathan—but once these unlikely allies—the Question, Green Arrow, Lois Lane, Manhunter, and Talia al Ghul—go undercover they are officially...not on our side.
    From the award winning creators that brought you last year’s potboiler Event 
Leviathan comes the next surprising chapter in DC Comics’ most dangerous saga.
    ON SALE 05.27.20

YOUNG JUSTICE #16
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Impulse unleashed! Bartholomew Henry Allen II has traveled to the edges of space and time—and along the way, he’s discovered truths that he’s kept from even his closest friends. Until now. The truth behind the legacy of Young Justice is revealed! What does tomorrow hold for Young Justice?
    ON SALE 05.06.20

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #10
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art and cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    card stock variant cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI
    Devastation in Gotham City! Following the events of a massive explosion in midtown, Batman and Superman pick up the pieces to learn who rigged the Atomic Skull like a bomb...and will they do it again? All will be revealed as the horrific plan of the Ultra-Humanite rains terror down on the lives of the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel!
    ON SALE 05.27.20

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

What the hell did jon do this time? Bendis's jon was getting better. Still nowhere near passable for my taste. But the inter-galactic fugitive thing is something i can dig and belive the mischievous kid being.That suit is growing on me. I thought his hands had fingerless gloves

SUPERGIRL #42
    written by JODY HOUSER
    art by RACHAEL STOTT
    cover by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
    card stock variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    Deemed a threat by the U.S. military, Supergirl is now a wanted villain! General Corvid has come for our hero—and she won’t give up until Kara’s gone for good. Meanwhile, the superstorm rages stronger than ever, while hundreds remain helpless against it. Can Supergirl prove that she’s the hero the people once believed her to be? Or will she let everyone down—including herself? Find out in the pulse-pounding series conclusion!
    ON SALE 05.27.20

JUSTICE LEAGUE #46
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by GARY FRANK
    variant cover by CLAY MANN
    “Vengeance Is Thine” part three! On Themyscira, peace hangs in the balance when the Justice League is caught trespassing on the island of the Amazons! As the Spectre’s wave of vengeance sweeps across the world, the island is now twisted with rage. In order to quell mass retribution, the team must enter the Pit of Tartarus and find Jim Corrigan, but first they will have to fight their way into it—among each other and with their not-so-gracious Amazonian hosts!
    ON SALE 05.06.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES

JUSTICE LEAGUE #47
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    cover by GARY FRANK
    card stock variant cover by MIKEL JANíN
    “Vengeance Is Thine” conclusion! The Justice League battles through the dreaded Pit of Tartarus, mythological prison to the most wretched creatures imaginable. Batman, Superman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman must resolve their long-held grudges while they still can—and before the world burns. Yet even if they succeed, they must still defeat the monster that lives and rules at the dark base of Tartarus.
    ON SALE 05.20.20

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What the hell did jon do this time?
    It's against the United Planets laws for Jon to be in the future. Because of this he and the Legion seem to be fugitives. Whatever the reason is that the Legion feel like Jon *must* be here seems to be important enough to risk their working relationship with the governing body of the galaxy, and important enough for Jon himself to go along with it after learning what it is in issues 4 and 5.

I really dig this. I'd always feel a little strange reading Legion stories (or watching the cartoon) and Superman being in the 31st century would really get much of a reaction out of anyone one way or the other, so this is much appreciated.

I knew that, but i thought that rose and thorn meeting had put the coucil in its place. I thought jon did something else to piss them off further. I hope that happens. Jon pissing of people and breaking rules in endearing manner gives the personality back that he needs.

I knew that, but i thought that rose and thorn meeting had put the coucil in its place. I thought jon did something else to piss them off further.
    All the meeting with Rose seemed to do posture and put them in somewhat of a fake stalemate.

Issue 5 says "the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public". I'm assuming that's because of the fact that the Legion just put a galactic leader under arrest (Ultra Boy's dad) in issue 3, and his absence is likely what leads to the "Ultra Boy’s homeworld is on the verge of all-out war" part of the issue #7 solicit. As Ultra Boy himself puts it in issue 3 "worry about the fact that we are in the middle of an intergalactic incident"

But technically speaking, ultimately Jon is the one who knocks out Ultra Boy's dad in the end. And he did do it on impulse without even knowing who he was knocking out.

Supergirl, Jimmy and Lois are all wrapping up soon.

While Batman is the most blatant, with the proposed Batman/Joker finale, you can get a feeling in a lot of these solicits of a winding down, endgame scenario. Wrapping up the classics in their roles.��
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    All the meeting with Rose seemed to do posture and put them in somewhat of a fake stalemate.

Issue 5 says "the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public". I'm assuming that's because of the fact that the Legion just put a galactic leader under arrest (Ultra Boy's dad) in issue 3, and his absence is likely what leads to the "Ultra Boy’s homeworld is on the verge of all-out war" part of the issue #7 solicit. As Ultra Boy himself puts it in issue 3 "worry about the fact that we are in the middle of an intergalactic incident"

But technically speaking, ultimately Jon is the one who knocks out Ultra Boy's dad in the end. And he did do it on impulse without even knowing who he was knocking out.
    Yeah! I would prefer jon do something big and gets in trouble. Not bad "bad", but good "bad". Knocking out that guy with damian was cool an all. But, that just small business. I would prefered jon using trident getting in trouble.

But, that just small business.
    Not really sure how you can call knocking out and imprisoning the leader of a whole actual planet and effectively causing an intergalactic incident "small business." In more relatable terms, that's essentially like knocking out the president of a country, and then throwing him in your own private clubhouse jail. Wars have been started for far less, and this is on a galactic scale, and the Legion's already on thin ice with the UP as it is.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

That Wonder Woman looks a lot like Gal Gadot. Gee, I wonder if she has a movie coming out around that time. Hmmm.....

I agree with the winding down aspect. Supposedly we're getting yet another Crisis. I wonder if some of this is to get the "lesser" stories out of the way first.
    Assassinate Putin!

Thoughts:

- Is Dr. Fate going to be Khalid since that's him again? Or just a vague Fate?

- Doesn't sound like the whole Legion is under arrest, just Jon on the run, although maybe all of them are on the run like that Jim Shooter Threeboot storyline. Somebody's already leaving on the 7th issue though? And maybe Imra and Rokk should just let the leadership be put to a vote.

- Oof, that Romita cover. "Plus, now that the dust has settled, is the Red Cloud hero or villain?" Well, for her sake I think she'd be better off a villain but for the sake of ending things on 5G she might turn hero to give Clark another in the win column.

- I wonder if the stuff with Bart will start explaining away some of the continuity issues.

- I'm glad Ultra-Humanite is an albino gorilla again .

- Kara's book ending again? They couldn't let it last until issue #50? Especially with so much apparently going on and coming right after another "evil Kara" storyline. Poor Supergirl .

If it's true that 5G is going to have Jon as Superman, then he won't be staying with the Legion much longer. Maybe he decides they've caused enough trouble, and already pissed off about the business with Damian, decides to come home?

5G looks likely to start properly in October, as the Generation one-shots run to September and Green Lantern also ends that month. As such, Supergirl couldn't have got to issue 50 anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman