Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I'm surprised that Newsarama didn't include the 1940s variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT. It looks amazing.

Not a fan of that cover. All of the others have tried really hard to maintain at least a semblance of the vibe of that era. This one doesn't even make the attempt. If it weren't for Alan Scott being front and center, no one would know. It sucks because the rest of the GL covers look pretty cool. And I say this as a big fan of Nicola Scott.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Yeah, Streak did eventually take over the book. They just started renumbering it when Streak eventually took over...

Well that's post of the year sorted

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Yeah, Streak did eventually take over the book. They just started renumbering it when Streak eventually took over...
    A cover from an earlier issue than that I linked to, and an interior page from Sensation Comics, do not prove your point.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Not a fan of that cover. All of the others have tried really hard to maintain at least a semblance of the vibe of that era. This one doesn't even make the attempt. If it weren't for Alan Scott being front and center, no one would know. It sucks because the rest of the GL covers look pretty cool. And I say this as a big fan of Nicola Scott.
    You mean like afro John Stewart and white streak Hal Jordan instead of Abin Sur and Sinestro?

Picking up my usual Detective Comics and The Green Lantern: Season 2. I plan to buy the Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100 issue spectacular as well. That about does it for me from DC's current line up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Something tells me that DC is leading to a reboot given how Titans and Flash is leading into their endgames in a way. That and the whole Generation 0 thing. Plus we haven't seen Supergirl's reaction to the Superman Secret ID reveal...here's hoping that the Linda Lee gets revived in some form in the next run and more Superman family team ups in the near future.
    We see Superman start to tell Supergirl at the end of Superman #17, and in #18 there is one panel of her watching the reveal in real time on a large video screen from a rooftop, sitting with Krypto - with one arm pumping in enthusiasm. From Bendis's perspective, she was happy about it at the time.

By Titans I think you mean Teen Titans, though "Titans" as a team has shown up as guests in a few places here and there since their book was cancelled. The Titans were shown the most when Donna Troy got infected. But that team was on shaky ground the moment they lost their leader, Nightwing. And now their final, kind of bizarre story line is being advanced, improbably, in Batgirl of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You mean like afro John Stewart and white streak Hal Jordan instead of Abin Sur and Sinestro?
    I think the 1940s cover would've been better with just Alan.
    Nobody else, unless they were around in the Forties.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Yeah, that's a good cover, but it shouldn't have been a decade specific variant.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    We see Superman start to tell Supergirl at the end of Superman #17, and in #18 there is one panel of her watching the reveal in real time on a large video screen from a rooftop, sitting with Krypto - with one arm pumping in enthusiasm. From Bendis's perspective, she was happy about it at the time.

By Titans I think you mean Teen Titans, though "Titans" as a team has shown up as guests in a few places here and there since their book was cancelled. The Titans were shown the most when Donna Troy got infected. But that team was on shaky ground the moment they lost their leader, Nightwing. And now their final, kind of bizarre story line is being advanced, improbably, in Batgirl of all places.
    Which would've made sense had Babs been Dick's replacement. But she wasn't, Kyle Rayner was, so, yeah, it is odd.