Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

No Far Sector. I don’t remember reading about a skip month.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

-Meh on Dark Knights: Death Metal. Lost interest in this saga after Metal finished.

-Generation One sounds promising and I have nothing to lose with DC anymore so I'm intrigued.

-GREEN LANTERN 8OTH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 sounds cool but really I'm just interested in John and Alan.

-MANHUNTERS: THE SECRET HISTORY #1 sounds very interesting. DC bringing Kate back is awesome and Andrekyo writing her again is nice.

-BOOO Aquababy isn't Eldoris. Also hopefully Jackson is still around...

-JL sounds interesting

-Supergirl sounds fillerish. Does Kara have any good comic book runs? Can we bring back Linda now?

- JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA BY BRAD MELTZER: THE DELUXE EDITION HC seems like a definite purchase

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    -BOOO Aquababy isn't Eldoris. Also hopefully Jackson is still around...
    Seriously though. Her name is "Andy" ?
    -Supergirl sounds fillerish. Does Kara have any good comic book runs? Can we bring back Linda now?
    Sterling Gates' run, and I liked what I've read of Andreyko's Kara.

BANNED

Wasn't Kendra with Martian Manhunter anyway?
    There's always enough Carter for both kendra and Shayera

Anyway looks like hawkman and red hood as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Another small month for me; I wonder what’s going to happen to teen titans as part of 5g.and we barely know who anybody in the legion of super heroes is, and already someone’s leaving?

Maybe the one who leaves is Jon? He'll be pretty annoyed when he learns about what Damian's supposed to grow up to do. And he has to return at some point if it's true that 5G will have him take over as Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait...that's kind of weird. I know Snyder wanted it separate but why would 5G start right before Death Metal ends? Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to conclude at the same time so the big "anti-crisis" event that makes everything matter concludes with the end of the series of one-shots that establish DC history.
    Do we know when Death Metal ends, or do we only know how many issues it has? Double shipping would allow it to end earlier.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-14-2020 at 05:46 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Something tells me that DC is leading to a reboot given how Titans and Flash is leading into their endgames in a way. That and the whole Generation 0 thing. Plus we haven't seen Supergirl's reaction to the Superman Secret ID reveal...here's hoping that the Linda Lee gets revived in some form in the next run and more Superman family team ups in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe the one who leaves is Jon? He'll be pretty annoyed when he learns about what Damian's supposed to grow up to do. And he has to return at some point if it's true that 5G will have him take over as Superman.

Do we know when Death Metal ends, or do we only know how many issues it has? Double shipping would allow it to end earlier.
    Death metal is a six issue monthly that also starts in May but skips a month in August, so it’s last issue should be in November (that is if I did the math right this time). But at the very least if both Death Metal and Generations start in May but Death Metal has an extra issue and also skips a month, then it will finish after Generations.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-14-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So that cover for Hell Arisen #4 was accurate, TBWL wins. So Snyder's JLA built up Lex for nothing. Glad I didn't get Hell Arisen, but frankly I just lost interest in Death Metal. Probably going to pass now. Tired of TBWL, but then I wanted him to die in Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Death metal is a six issue monthly that also starts in May but skips a month in August, so it’s last issue should be in November (that is if I did the math right this time). But at the very least if both Death Metal and Generations start in May but Death Metal has an extra issue and also skips a month, then it will finish after Generations.
    It could just be that Generations ends earlier and the relaunch doesn't start until November.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sterling Gates' run, and I liked what I've read of Andreyko's Kara.
    Sterling Gates has probably written the best run of the character period.

My buy list:
    HAWKMAN #24
    GREEN LANTERN #76 FACSIMILE EDITION

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So that cover for Hell Arisen #4 was accurate, TBWL wins. So Snyder's JLA built up Lex for nothing. Glad I didn't get Hell Arisen, but frankly I just lost interest in Death Metal. Probably going to pass now. Tired of TBWL, but then I wanted him to die in Metal.
    Can anything really beat the TBWL? Short of Snyder just not writing him anymore?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Shazam vs Superboy-Prime is the only thing interesting here...
    Getting event fatigue from the DC Snyderverse the same way I felt when he wrote Batman.
    The solicit for Joker War just sounds like Endgame and there's no indication of what's the difference.
    I had fun translating the new timeline but my excitement for the actual application of the new timeline is still at 0 until I see any indication of consistency across the line, and since right now we're not there yet, it's still at 0.

Incredible Member

Not much there for me. Sean murphy doing a catwoman oneshot could be good tho. I do enjoy a done in one story but its a dying art (unless you read catwoman which seems to need them semi regularly)