Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

And where are we rating Grodds telepathic prowess? I'm thinking somewhere above someone like Maxima, but below Martian Manhunter. IDK, Grodd might have a legitimate shot based on how we evaluate Maws showing against Strange.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Grodd is probably worse off then Maxima based on her showings against early Brainiac. He's potent but hardly top tier.

I've heard other people compare him to Emma Frost before.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Oh crap that's right. Well geez I just dont know then.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Isn't that Maw's only TP feat?

My point being, if its literally his ONLY real TP showing, there is not much to suggest he CANT operate on that level.

You can only argue its "too good" of a showing if he generally operates below that. But if it's all we have...

Also, it depends on what era of Strange, yeah.
    I'm going to ask possibly a weird question. Are we sure it's telepathy?

The Black Order has a telepath, it's Supergiant. They are very clear that she's a telepath whenever her powers are described.

Whenever Ebony Maw's powers are described they're more vague but almost always focused on him using words as weapons. He's described like "he has as silver tongue" or "almost supernatural powers of persuasion", stuff like that. It's more that when he talks he can get people to do things, and his interaction with Strange is his highest end feat for that (and again we don't actually get to see how that went down we just see the end result).

I'm just saying, whatever power Ebony Maw has, it's not really presented as regular old telepathy.

Also, I don't think we've ever seen the guy block a telepathic attack of any kind. I could be mistaken there.

I'm hardly an expert on the guy. Could be that it's a totally different thing that can create similar results.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

It’s no telepathy, he’s just a silver tongued devil really and it worked real well for him
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Maw feels more like a super purple man than a xavier telepath tbh.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Maw feels more like a super purple man than a xavier telepath tbh.
    Well, in that case Grodd should be able to telepathically quickdraw him. Thought is faster than speech.