Mighty Member

Default X-men Milestones

Are the Millstones worth getting.I mean do they have a complete story of the Event

Take them on a case by case basis. They often only collect the most essential issues, leaving out much ancillary content collected alongside the stories elsewhere. This matters for some more than others: I imagine, for example, that there will be no differentiation between Milestones Messiah Complex and the regular edition outside of the trade wrapping, however, Inferno misses out on important set-up pages and issues that makes it a less appealing product.

Still, it's not too bad, since Inferno is the one that I actually own. When they released the two big Inferno TPBs I never managed to grab the second one, so it's a neat compromise. And what's missing isn't too noticeable. Fall of the Mutants is one I've been avoiding, and definitely seems to be the worst offender. Dark Phoenix, similar: it doesn't include the epilogue issue, nor the preceding Proteus arc (which, whilst inessential, is often collected alongside and the two stories couple up nicely). Definitely try and find that in another form- be that the old Panini Pocketbook (my first TPB!), the regular TPB (possibly out of print?) or the Omnibus. Onslaught apparently misses a lot of key story beats, but a lot of people may consider that a mercy since there's less Onslaught to read. I'm considering getting the Phalanx Covenant/Operation Zero Tolerance ones though, they seem serviceable.

They do....but if you already have pre-existing editions released in other formats (aka non "milestone" editions") there's no real need to pick them up.