Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The first one was a mistake and the second one was a much bigger mistake.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    So I’ve seen this compared to Supergirl and Power Girl (which admittedly I only know the gist of there). Is that an apt comparison?
    That's pretty much it.

So I’ve seen this compared to Supergirl and Power Girl (which admittedly I only know the gist of there). Is that an apt comparison?
    I was thinking of this also.

Spectacular Member

Yes. It’s a perfect comparison. Power girl is essentially an older, more experienced version of Kara

They are half-brothers.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

One thing I found odd is their difference in height. Cable is a massive 6'8" and Nate is a more average 5'10". I guess that's just another divergence in the timelines?

One thing I found odd is their difference in height. Cable is a massive 6'8" and Nate is a more average 5'10". I guess that's just another divergence in the timelines?
    The height, although it has a genetic factor, also has an important environmental factor. Kaine is for example Peter Parker's clone but he is bigger and dumber.

Power Girl and Supergirl are also different in height, weight and build.

Can I just say this is one of the reasons I love comics?

Because this is one of those weird things that just don't happen anywhere else.

BANNED

I feel like more literally, Cable is the biological son of Scott and Maddy and was born in the 616 timeline, and Nate is the IVF son of Scott and Jean (not a clone of Jean, that earth’s real Jean) created in a lab. Any of their differences can be explained away by their vastly different origins.

The real difference is their power levels since historically Cable has always been less powerful than Nate because he sacrifices so much of it to keep the technovirus at bay. Nate doesn’t have the technovirus so he can be a God

Sinister was obsessed with the Summers bloodline and surmised that any offspring of Summers and Grey would create an omega level mutant . Cable isn’t an omega level mutant by any means tho, I don’t think they’ve ever wanted to explore it because it would make him too similar to Nate.

Cable would be Omega if not for the virus. He has the same powers as Nate. That’s an environmental difference.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-16-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Sinister was obsessed with the Summers bloodline and surmised that any offspring of Summers and Grey would create an omega level mutant . Cable isn’t an omega level mutant by any means tho, I don’t think they’ve ever wanted to explore it because it would make him too similar to Nate.
    They have explored it a time or two. Once Cable even fought evenly with the Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I feel like more literally, Cable is the biological son of Scott and Maddy and was born in the 616 timeline, and Nate is the IVF son of Scott and Jean (not a clone of Jean, that earth’s real Jean) created in a lab. Any of their differences can be explained away by their vastly different origins.

The real difference is their power levels since historically Cable has always been less powerful than Nate because he sacrifices so much of it to keep the technovirus at bay. Nate doesn’t have the technovirus so he can be a God

Pre- Hickman, Cable was omega and that is something that was explored. Check out the old Cable and Deadpool series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Pre- Hickman, Cable was omega and that is something that was explored. Check out the old Cable and Deadpool series
    Nicieza's run I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Nicieza's run I guess.
    Yep. He used his TK to keep an entire island floating in mid-air, he held Scott's optic blasts in check and fought the Silver Surfer