Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Jessica Drew and Peter Parker Team-Up?

Will we ever see Peter Parker and Jessica drew do a team up adventure? It's worked wonders for Deadpool and Spider-Man. Why the disinterest with Spider-Man and Spider-Woman Team up adventure?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Will we ever see Peter Parker and Jessica drew do a team up adventure? It's worked wonders for Deadpool and Spider-Man. Why the disinterest with Spider-Man and Spider-Woman Team up adventure?

I believe they have done several ones, although minor ones during big events, like when they patroled close to Avengers' Tower during Norman Osborn's Dark Reign.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I believe they have done several ones, although minor ones during big events, like when they patroled close to Avengers' Tower during Norman Osborn's Dark Reign.
    But that was over a decade ago. There were plenty of opportunities for Dennis Hopeless to have Peter and Jessica working together in a story arc. Peter could had played a supporting role creating technical devices that would help Jessica out a great deal. Peter is one of the few people who Jessica trust with her life because of who he is. She's the best alternative to The Black Cat as Spidey's ally. It would hurt if Jessica appeared in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. In retrospect, Jessica could have played a supporting role in Maximum Carnage storyline along with Julia Carpenter...

... when they were both part of New Avengers, yes. As far as just those two only, we'll see. Fandom is split. Some see them as only sharing a (half-)name and "why bother"? especially since her original city was San Francisco. Others want to see her as part of the extended "spider-family".

^Wasn't at least part of that a Skrull though?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't mind it...but would not want an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ... when they were both part of New Avengers, yes. As far as just those two only, we'll see. Fandom is split. Some see them as only sharing a (half-)name and "why bother"? especially since her original city was San Francisco. Others want to see her as part of the extended "spider-family".
    Yeah thats me Im apart of the why bother group
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yeah that's me. I'm apart of the why bother group
    Because Jessica could still have a reoccurring guest role in Spider-Man as his ally and friend, like Black Cat for example. Even without the Spider name, Jessica is just as resourceful as Black Cat. While its true that Jessica never got her Spider-Powers from Peter Parker, this is why they would work well together.

as far as just the two of them in an ongoing, I'm not offended, but I suspect quite a bit of fandom would be offended.
    Already you would have people screaming that they "have nothing in common except Spider- in their name".... "she thinks he's a moron! why would she team up with..."
    people would be review-bombing the series before it even came out.

Since they come from disparate backgrounds, you'd have to have a hook to keep them in regular contact and getting drawn into the adventure arcs. Only one of them can fly, too (but not at super-speed, I don't think).

I'd say for a hook they could lean into the old Spider-Woman cartoon continuity, and come up with a way for Jessica to be involved with a legal advocacy "Justice Magazine" website, where they take on cases involving public corruption, corporate malfeasance, super-villain Mob activity, etc. Peter can be a freelance correspondent; both he and Jessica investigate cases in their alternate identities.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm fairly sure there'll be a team-up somewhere along the line whether it's part of an event, Avengers or as a general team-up book. If it was a decent story I'd be fine with it. As an ongoing? Not really interested in that but a mini-series or just a one-off or something like that would interest me personally speaking.

Spectacular Member

As long as it's in one issue like every once in a while, I'm fine with it. And not without them having a beatdown, ending with a double KO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm fairly sure there'll be a team-up somewhere along the line whether it's part of an event, Avengers or as a general team-up book. If it was a decent story I'd be fine with it. As an ongoing? Not really interested in that but a mini-series or just a one-off or something like that would interest me personally speaking.
    Like Spider-Man & Deadpool ongoing series, a good writer can create good stories with Spider-Woman & Spider-Man. What would make such a series unique is the fact the both characters would be dealing with characters that they have never encountered in their respective solo adventures, like The Shadowking, The Goblin Queen, Mojo's TV universe. It's like a combination of NBC's Law and Order with The CW's Supernatural....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Like Spider-Man & Deadpool ongoing series, a good writer can create good stories with Spider-Woman & Spider-Man. What would make such a series unique is the fact the both characters would be dealing with characters that they have never encountered in their respective solo adventures, like The Shadowking, The Goblin Queen, Mojo's TV universe. It's like a combination of NBC's Law and Order with The CW's Supernatural....

Somewhere along the way I am certain there was a panel of Fonzie putting on his water skis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Somewhere along the way I am certain there was a panel of Fonzie putting on his water skis.
    It's all about creating a good story. It's worked well for Spider-Man and Deadpool, as well as Spider-Man and Wolverine. Characters who should have nothing to do with Spider-Man at all because of their history of killing people...

She's showing up in Sins Rising so you have that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast