Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Not my agenda. I am not the one trying to hook Peter up with Jess, Carol and all kinds of female superheroes.
    but no one is though.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    but no one is though.
    Google with Safe Search blocked disagrees......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What is the perceived need to have Peter with Jess? The only logical reason for you to want this is to have him shack up with her like he did with Felicia or ( worse) Cindy. Be honest about what you want. For me, these are the women I want in Peter’s life. 1: MJ. 2: Aunt May (Unless she she is sent to sleep with the fish). 3: Theresa ( on occasion).
    What's this perception that women only exist in Peter's life to service him?

Spectacular Member

I don't like where this is going.

Peter and Jessica are good friends, but that's it. They have potential to fight together, but not appear often in their own series. Taking their current situations into consideration, I don't see it happen anytime soon, for now. Jess has her own issues to solve, and so does Peter, unless writers can come up with how they surprisingly run into each other during a random issue.

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    I don't like where this is going.

Peter and Jessica are good friends, but that's it. They have potential to fight together, but not appear often in their own series. Taking their current situations into consideration, I don't see it happen anytime soon, for now. Jess has her own issues to solve, and so does Peter, unless writers can come up with how they surprisingly run into each other during a random issue.
    This point illustrates how it's unlikely that Peter and Jess are even going to be seen together as friends...friends talk to each other...fighting together doesn't always show that...Jess has just been in Amazing Spidey involved almost indirectly (as a spider totem) in Peter's big drama Last Remains..her part ends abruptly with no great after conversation...importantly I was reminded, on another thread that what's going on with Jess in her book and what's happening to Peter in his must be at different times...Jess appears in Peter's drama not only with no mention of her issues, but dressed in her classic costume....there just isn't going to be joined up writing on these two...I doubt if you'll ever see Jess and Peter having a chat where Jess says "hey how did it go with that business with Kindred?" and Peter saying "hey how did it go with that busines of you nearly dying?"

Their personalities feels barely compatible to be friends, and their relationship is very out of place when they get in one story.

Spider-Woman and the Thing make for a more suitable team-up book.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Their personalities feels barely compatible to be friends, and their relationship is very out of place when they get in one story.

Spider-Woman and the Thing make for a more suitable team-up book.
    The same could be said about Spider-Man and Deadpool. Yet, their team-up adventures are quite popular. There has got to be a good writer who can create a story that has(from time to time) Jessica Drew and Peter Parker interacting as often as he does with Felicia Hardy. There is a lot that Jessica and Peter have in common, in terms of their past experiences that are relatable to each other. Carol Danvers isn't the only BFF who Jessica can turn to. Peter Parker has the potential to become one of Jessica's closet friends who she can turn to, once in a while.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-26-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    This point illustrates how it's unlikely that Peter and Jess are even going to be seen together as friends...friends talk to each other...fighting together doesn't always show that...Jess has just been in Amazing Spidey involved almost indirectly (as a spider totem) in Peter's big drama Last Remains..her part ends abruptly with no great after conversation...importantly I was reminded, on another thread that what's going on with Jess in her book and what's happening to Peter in his must be at different times...Jess appears in Peter's drama not only with no mention of her issues, but dressed in her classic costume....there just isn't going to be joined up writing on these two...I doubt if you'll ever see Jess and Peter having a chat where Jess says "hey how did it go with that business with Kindred?" and Peter saying "hey how did it go with that business of you nearly dying?"
    I agree with your statement. I blame the lack of interaction(between Peter Parker and Jessica Drew) on the Spider-Office. In 2014, The Spider-Office should have had Jessica featured in Slott's ASM(Vol. 3) helping Peter to stop Black Cat(Queenpin) and Electro, instead of Slik. To be honest, Dennis Hopeless could have Peter and Jessica working together (on one of her adventures) in a story arc (nothing to do with the Spiderverse related stories). The reason why I like the idea of Jessica and Peter as friends is because they do not share the same origin or spider-powers respectively.

For the 2010's, there was only one story on:

1. Spider-Man x Captain Marvel
    2. Spider-Man x She-Hulk
    3. Spider-Man x Psylocke

But no team-up adventure between Spider-Man x Spider-Woman. Yet there's plenty of team-up adventures between Spider-Man x Human Torch and Spider-Man x Deadpool...

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Felicia was originally intended to be part of Jessica's rogues gallery but the creative team was moved to Spider-Man so they used felicia there instead.

Black Cat was used a lot in Silk so she's more an antagonist for Cindy these days.

So yes, I'd very much love to see Jess and Felicia team up together. Throwing in Cindy would make it even more fun.
    Jess already had a team up story with Silk. What would be even better is Jessica, Black Cat, and Spider-Man working together for once. Afterall, Peter kept Felicia from becoming Jessica's worst nightmare....

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Don't know how you all feel about crossovers, but I wouldn't mind seeing one involving Black Cat, Black Widow and Jess. Maybe Silk as well -- though I don't know much about her. Black Cat has been a delightful surprise - very smartly written -- and decent to great art depending on who is drawing a particular issue.

I think Jess's more somber personality and Felicia's lighter personality would play well of each other.
    Actually, Peter's personality would work well with Jessica's own. I long to see them work together as often as he does with Black Cat.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-15-2021 at 03:52 AM.

Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Seren; 02-15-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Nothing to see here.

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're very welcome, and depending on how the stars line up, I'd love to see Kelly Thompson and Karla Pacheco team up for a Captain Marvel/Spider-Woman arc that runs through both their series.
    I would love to see Kelly Thompson and Karla Pacheco do the following story arc

1. Captain Marvel & Spider-Man arc
    2. Spider-Woman & Spider-Man arc
    3. Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, and Spider-Man arc
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-24-2021 at 10:02 PM.