Astonishing Member

Default What happened to the spiderman crawlspace.com message forum?

The title says it all. I tried to visit the site. But it's now gone.

https://web.archive.org/web/20210208...oard/index.php

I certainly hope it comes back.

BANNED

They retired it, you have to get an invite to their discord channel to interact with them.

Astonishing Member

I’m sorry to say this because I used to like the site and I like some of the personalities who run it, but crawlspace has jumped the shark in recent years. The front page is a mess to navigate now as well. You don’t know what articles are recent, what’s old, everything is jumbled. And yeah, the message boards are gone. Not all of us use this discord thing. Not sure what’s going on over there at the old crawl space. Maybe they moved servers or made the old mistake of trying to fix what ain’t broken.

BANNED

I'm also pretty sure they've cycled through all the same "Mary Jane Mondays" panels at least a billion times or so now. They never seem to publish anything new there related to her, I mean, I get not posting much of the post-OMD panels because they disagree with her direction from that point onward, but at least use RYV or Spencer era.

They've also paywalled a lot of their podcasts.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-08-2022 at 10:57 AM.

Most of the communication is on their Discord, which is fairly active.

The link is on the homepage.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Remember posting a bit on the forum, but stopped a long time ago; it was a pretty small, like-minded community, so, not much diversity in conversation and, as someone who doesn't read the current ASM comics, there just wasn't that much interesting stuff there. (Also seemed like hardly anyone posted much, too.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

It was almost inactive for more than a year, and costs a bundle to keep.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Darth,
    Yeah I retired it. It was a server resource hog with spam and bots hitting it constantly. It also had slowed down a lot in recent years with traffic. Most of the traffic has gone to our discord server. It has a lot of discussion on it daily. It's honestly a more modern message board. You should check it out. https://discord.gg/fVDZPPPP
    BD
    Last edited by Spider-Man Crawl Space; 06-14-2022 at 12:24 AM.

Hypno,
    Sorry you feel that way. The newest news items are at the top of the page. Then each section like the podcasts and articles are divided so you can see what's new. There's a lot of new content added weekly by my staff, so I hope you check it out.
    The message board was costly to run and no one was using it but a couple times a week. The majority of people had moved over to our discord server or use the comment section on articles to discuss items. The message board started in 2000 so it had a good 22 year run.
    BD

Matt,
    Adam picks out the Panels of the day. He's done 1300+ of them over the years. Sorry you think he recycles, it's his discretion what he posts. I appreciate it he does it.

As far as paywalling our podcasts. In order to pay for the site I joined patreon and offered supporters an exclusive podcast and it's called Spider-Satellites. It's not cheap to host the site/ podcast. We review every Spidey book that doesn't have the word "Amazing" in it. We produce that episode once a month and is usually two hours long. I also give the patreon members the Spider-News and Review show to them for two weeks before I release it to the public. If you watch our live stream on our youtube channel you can see if before I take it down for two weeks. You can even interact with us live, it's a lot of fun.
    https://www.youtube.com/spidermancrawlspace
    BD

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Remember posting a bit on the forum, but stopped a long time ago; it was a pretty small, like-minded community, so, not much diversity in conversation and, as someone who doesn't read the current ASM comics, there just wasn't that much interesting stuff there. (Also seemed like hardly anyone posted much, too.)
    Have you tried our discord, it's got a ton of discussion going daily. It's honestly where all the old message board folks went.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man Crawl Space View Post
    Matt,
    Adam picks out the Panels of the day. He's done 1300+ of them over the years. Sorry you think he recycles
    Not really a problem, just could do with some freshening up. Though to be fair I would not post a lot of post-OMD MJ panels unless it was Spencer era or something else. I'm just as picky like that

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man Crawl Space View Post
    Have you tried our discord, it's got a ton of discussion going daily. It's honestly where all the old message board folks went.
    I don't actually use Discord. The main problem for me, as noted before, is that, since I don't follow the primary comics (and have found that I'm a happier fan the less I engage with it), there was never really much for me to talk about.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Discord can be great to keep up to date on fan made projects. It's worth it for that experience at best.