Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

As long as it's in one issue like every once in a while, I'm fine with it. And not without them having a beatdown, ending with a double KO.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'm fairly sure there'll be a team-up somewhere along the line whether it's part of an event, Avengers or as a general team-up book. If it was a decent story I'd be fine with it. As an ongoing? Not really interested in that but a mini-series or just a one-off or something like that would interest me personally speaking.
    Like Spider-Man & Deadpool ongoing series, a good writer can create good stories with Spider-Woman & Spider-Man. What would make such a series unique is the fact the both characters would be dealing with characters that they have never encountered in their respective solo adventures, like The Shadowking, The Goblin Queen, Mojo's TV universe. It's like a combination of NBC's Law and Order with The CW's Supernatural....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Like Spider-Man & Deadpool ongoing series, a good writer can create good stories with Spider-Woman & Spider-Man. What would make such a series unique is the fact the both characters would be dealing with characters that they have never encountered in their respective solo adventures, like The Shadowking, The Goblin Queen, Mojo's TV universe. It's like a combination of NBC's Law and Order with The CW's Supernatural....

Somewhere along the way I am certain there was a panel of Fonzie putting on his water skis.

She's showing up in Sins Rising so you have that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    She's showing up in Sins Rising so you have that.
    I certainly hope we get some future stories that would feature Jessica and Peter working together. Not having Miles, Silk, Spider-Girl, or Ghost Spider in the mix would be a huge plus in my book because their origins are similar to Spider-Man in terms of their powers. I always felt that Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter would work well with Peter Parker in future storyline adventures because their respective origins does not tie in with his own.. Thus no overlap between them.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 08-03-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Somewhere along the way I am certain there was a panel of Fonzie putting on his water skis.
    It's all about creating a good story. It's worked well for Spider-Man and Deadpool, as well as Spider-Man and Wolverine. Characters who should have nothing to do with Spider-Man at all because of their history of killing people...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Hadn't seen this Super BFFs and Baby pic by Luciano Vecchio...
    It would had been great if Spider-Man was in that picture as well...

Peter even jokingly called himself Gerry's uncle at Jessica's baby shower when Gerry slipped away from Roger.

Fantastic Member

does Spider-verse count?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Peter even jokingly called himself Gerry's uncle at Jessica's baby shower when Gerry slipped away from Roger.
    Jessica would not mind if Peter was Gerry's godfather.

It would had been great if Spider-Man was in that picture as well...
    It was a commission for someone who is a huge CarolJess fan and that's why Peter wasn't in it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

I believe the Spider-Editors are running out of ideas. In the last issue of Spider-Woman, Jess discovered she has a brother and a niece. This is almost too similar to when Peter discovered he had a sister, Teresa. Although I have to say, in Teresa's case, I liked the idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I believe the Spider-Editors are running out of ideas. In the last issue of Spider-Woman, Jess discovered she has a brother and a niece. This is almost too similar to when Peter discovered he had a sister, Teresa. Although I have to say, in Teresa's case, I liked the idea.
    They have ran out of ideas. First, they make Jessica into a Mom for no reason whatsoever. Second, they never had Jessica make a reoccurring guest appearance in the world of Spider-Man, which would introduce the Spider-Readers to her character. That would be good marketing without actually trying because there could be stories in the pages of Spider-Man that would deal with things that Jessica would help Peter out, which is the supernatural. I think that having Jessica appear in a Spider-Man story arc wouldn't hurt her character(no other spider-characters but Peter and Jessica/or Julia Carpenter). It certainly hasn't bothered Captain Marvel working alongside Jessica on her adventures. I can't see why there's a problem with Jessica working alongside Peter Parker. He could develop equipment that would allow Jessica to maximize her venom blast as her very own Green Lantern powers.

They have ran out of ideas. First, they make Jessica into a Mom for no reason whatsoever. Second, they never had Jessica make a reoccurring guest appearance in the world of Spider-Man, which would introduce the Spider-Readers to her character. That would be good marketing without actually trying because there could be stories in the pages of Spider-Man that would deal with things that Jessica would help Peter out, which is the supernatural. I think that having Jessica appear in a Spider-Man story arc wouldn't hurt her character(no other spider-characters but Peter and Jessica/or Julia Carpenter). It certainly hasn't bothered Captain Marvel working alongside Jessica on her adventures. I can't see why there's a problem with Jessica working alongside Peter Parker. He could develop equipment that would allow Jessica to maximize her venom blast as her very own Green Lantern powers.
    Why don't you make a pitch to Marvel to write Spider-Man or any of these other characters instead of expecting their writers to telepathically tune in to your ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Why don't you make a pitch to Marvel to write Spider-Man or any of these other characters instead of expecting their writers to telepathically tune in to your ideas?
    If Marvel wants Spider-Woman to avoid being cancelled, they should have Jessica be a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of Spider-Man. No crossover between they respective books in terms of the story going into each other's books. The best way to promote Spider-Woman is to place her in a respective story arc as they have done when she makes a guest spot in Captain Marvel. My argument is if Marvel can find time to put Jessica in the pages of Captain Marvel (on a reoccurring guest spot), why can't they do that with Spider-Man(non Spider-Verse related)? Jessica and Peter are friends. What better way to develop their friendship than with a story arc? The Black Cat shows up more often than any other character. It would be nice to see Tigra and Jessica Drew in some of Spider-Man's story arc? Tigra is a Police Officer, which could work in Spider-Man's favor(as well as Jessica Drew).

As for myself writing a Spider-Man story? I leave that to the Editors to find the talent who can pull off a great story between Peter Parker and Jessica Drew...