Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
  1. #31
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If Marvel wants Spider-Woman to avoid being cancelled, they should have Jessica be a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of Spider-Man. No crossover between they respective books in terms of the story going into each other's books. The best way to promote Spider-Woman is to place her in a respective story arc as they have done when she makes a guest spot in Captain Marvel. My argument is if Marvel can find time to put Jessica in the pages of Captain Marvel (on a reoccurring guest spot), why can't they do that with Spider-Man(non Spider-Verse related)? Jessica and Peter are friends. What better way to develop their friendship than with a story arc? The Black Cat shows up more often than any other character. It would be nice to see Tigra and Jessica Drew in some of Spider-Man's story arc? Tigra is a Police Officer, which could work in Spider-Man's favor(as well as Jessica Drew).

    As for myself writing a Spider-Man story? I leave that to the Editors to find the talent who can pull off a great story between Peter Parker and Jessica Drew...
    Well, only because they share the whole "Spider-Stuff", doesn't mean they have much in common. But it would be interesting to have Peter and Jessica together for some time, so we can understand how different they are as "spiders".

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Olivia Wilde just name dropped Fiege, so if this movie is ineed Spider-Woman, it looks more and more like it'll be in the MCU.
    The fact that Jessica has nothing to do with Peter Parker in terms of origin is a plus. But the problem I feel that no one wants to make Jessica a reoccurring ally in the pages of Spider-Man. Carol Danvers is not the only BFF that Jessica has. Peter has the potential of being a part of Jessica's world as well. What's sad is that in recent years, Marvel allowed Miles Morales, Silk, Ghost-Spider, and Spider-Girl to be directly tied to Spider-Man, which was overkill, in my opinion. As far as Spider-characters goes these should be the following:

    1. Peter Parker
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. Julia Carpenter
    4. Kaine Parker


    I strongly believe that Miles Morales and Ghost-Spider works best in their own universe respectively. Bringing them to Marvel-616 was a huge mistake. In addition, Silk's should not have had anything to do with Spider-Man's origin at all. The four Spiders that I listed should have a close bond with Peter because they are not similar in origin, which makes it easy to spot. Having Jessica as a reoccurring guest would allow for the differences and similarities to form between them....

    It's quite sad to see that Jessica is not being used in the pages of Spider-Man as she is in the pages of Captain Marvel, whose also friends with Spider-Man. I can't see why Marvel won't allow Spider-Man to be a member of the Carol Corps as he would fit in perfectly. What's worse is the fact that he's not on any superhero teams. No X-Men or Avengers...

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The fact that Jessica has nothing to do with Peter Parker in terms of origin is a plus. But the problem I feel that no one wants to make Jessica a reoccurring ally in the pages of Spider-Man. Carol Danvers is not the only BFF that Jessica has. Peter has the potential of being a part of Jessica's world as well. What's sad is that in recent years, Marvel allowed Miles Morales, Silk, Ghost-Spider, and Spider-Girl to be directly tied to Spider-Man, which was overkill, in my opinion. As far as Spider-characters goes these should be the following:

    1. Peter Parker
    2. Jessica Drew
    3. Julia Carpenter
    4. Kaine Parker


    I strongly believe that Miles Morales and Ghost-Spider works best in their own universe respectively. Bringing them to Marvel-616 was a huge mistake. In addition, Silk's should not have had anything to do with Spider-Man's origin at all. The four Spiders that I listed should have a close bond with Peter because they are not similar in origin, which makes it easy to spot. Having Jessica as a reoccurring guest would allow for the differences and similarities to form between them....

    It's quite sad to see that Jessica is not being used in the pages of Spider-Man as she is in the pages of Captain Marvel, whose also friends with Spider-Man. I can't see why Marvel won't allow Spider-Man to be a member of the Carol Corps as he would fit in perfectly. What's worse is the fact that he's not on any superhero teams. No X-Men or Avengers...
    How is it overkill?! Spider-Man teaming up with other Spider-Characters isn't as common as you'd think it be.

    Honestly, I think just don't like other Spider characters and are looking for ways to get rid of them.

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How is it overkill?! Spider-Man teaming up with other Spider-Characters isn't as common as you'd think it be.

    Honestly, I just don't like other Spider characters and are looking for ways to get rid of them.
    Overkill meaning that Miles Morales(Ultimate Universe), Ghost-Spider(her universe), and Silk takes too much away from Spider-Man, Kaine Parker, Jessica Drew, and Julia Carpenter. I feel that for Marvel-616, there should only be 5 genuine Spiders who could work well as a diversified team:

    1. Peter Parker
    2. Kaine Parker
    3. Jessica Drew
    4. Julia Carpenter
    5. Black Widow


    The five Spiders do not share the same origins. This would be a true Spider-Team, in my opinion as they can work alongside each other respectively. Miles Morales should have remained in the Ultimate Universe; Ghost-Spider should have stayed in her own universe; Silk's origin should never had the same origin as Peter. I am glad that Spider-Man 2099 is back in his own universe. If Marvel is keen to making Jessica Drew successful, she needs to appear in Spider-Man's world as often as she does in Captain Marvel. They could even have Jessica make a guest appearance in the pages of Black Cat and Daredevil respectively.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-16-2020 at 10:30 AM.

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Overkill meaning that Miles Morales(Ultimate Universe), Ghost-Spider(her universe), and Silk takes too much away from Spider-Man, Kaine Parker, Jessica Drew, and Julia Carpenter. I feel that for Marvel-616, there should only be 5 genuine Spiders who could work well as a diversified team:

    1. Peter Parker
    2. Kaine Parker
    3. Jessica Drew
    4. Julia Carpenter
    5. Black Widow


    The five Spiders do not share the same origins. This would be a true Spider-Team, in my opinion as they can work alongside each other respectively. Miles Morales should have remained in the Ultimate Universe; Ghost-Spider should have stayed in her own universe; Silk's origin should never had the same origin as Peter. I am glad that Spider-Man 2099 is back in his own universe. If Marvel is keen to making Jessica Drew successful, she needs to appear in Spider-Man's world as often as she does in Captain Marvel. They could even have Jessica make a guest appearance in the pages of Black Cat and Daredevil respectively.
    I'm impressed you say Miles and Gwen takes too much from Peter but not Kaine, the literal clone of Peter.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm impressed you say Miles and Gwen takes too much from Peter but not Kaine, the literal clone of Peter.
    Miles and Gwen works best in their own respective universe. I mentioned Kaine because he was never bitten by a radio active spider, whereas Miles and Gwen were in their respective timeline. I feel that Ghost-Spider and Miles Morales in the Marvel-616 does take a lot away from Spider-Man, Kaine, Jessica Drew, and Julia Carpenter. Imagine if Miles was sent back to his universe to find that Ultimate Peter Parker was never Spider-Man to begin with? Thus Miles would be the only one to have been bitten by the spider. I think that Marvel should bring back the Ultimate Universe that would have Miles as Spider-Man, after the events of the 2015 Secret Wars. The new Ultimate Universe is a reset where Miles becomes Spider-Man and not Peter Parker.

  7. #37
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Miles and Gwen works best in their own respective universe. I mentioned Kaine because he was never bitten by a radio active spider, whereas Miles and Gwen were in their respective timeline. I feel that Ghost-Spider and Miles Morales in the Marvel-616 does take a lot away from Spider-Man, Kaine, Jessica Drew, and Julia Carpenter. Imagine if Miles was sent back to his universe to find that Ultimate Peter Parker was never Spider-Man to begin with? Thus Miles would be the only one to have been bitten by the spider. I think that Marvel should bring back the Ultimate Universe that would have Miles as Spider-Man, after the events of the 2015 Secret Wars. The new Ultimate Universe is a reset where Miles becomes Spider-Man and not Peter Parker.
    Ultimate Universe is dead and not coming back. They're not going to start a whole new universe just for Miles.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ultimate Universe is dead and not coming back. They're not going to start a whole new universe just for Miles.
    Ultimate Universe is dead because Marvel killed the goose that laid the golden egg. Also, UU is not dead. The only reason why Miles was allowed to crossover to Marvel-616 was Bendis wanted to continue using Miles for his Spidermen series. Also, Spider-Man 2099 is back to his own universe. The same can be applied to Miles. Although, it's not likely to happen given his huge popularity, along with Ghost-Spider.

  9. #39
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Ultimate Universe is dead because Marvel killed the goose that laid the golden egg. Also, UU is not dead. The only reason why Miles was allowed to crossover to Marvel-616 was Bendis wanted to continue using Miles for his Spidermen series. Also, Spider-Man 2099 is back to his own universe. The same can be applied to Miles. Although, it's not likely to happen given his huge popularity, along with Ghost-Spider.
    And yet Bendis hasn't worked for Marvel for close to three years now. If they made such a decision to cater to Bendis and only Bendis' whim, they would've reversed it by now. Unless, of course, there were other people on board.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And yet Bendis hasn't worked for Marvel for close to three years now. If they made such a decision to cater to Bendis and only Bendis' whim, they would've reversed it by now. Unless, of course, there were other people on board.
    Bendis does have a lot of friends(in high places) at Marvel. Personally, Miles works best in his own universe. The reason why he's part of Marvel-616 is because the writers want to continue using him. If that's the case, why can't Marvel have Jessica Drew make a reoccurring appearance in the world of Spider-Man, without Miles, Ghost-Spider, and Silk tagging along? For once I would love to see Marvel have Jessica and Peter working together as often as she does with Carol Danvers in her world.

  11. #41
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And yet Bendis hasn't worked for Marvel for close to three years now. If they made such a decision to cater to Bendis and only Bendis' whim, they would've reversed it by now. Unless, of course, there were other people on board.
    Bendis might come back later, rotating on and off between the companies is common with creatives.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Bendis might come back later, rotating on and off between the companies is common with creatives.
    I just read that Miles Morales is stuck in Spider-Gwen's home universe.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't it already established that Jessica was in stasis, went to sleep as a child and woke up as an adult?

    Though this revelation means... Jessica apparently doesn't know her own date of birth. She's over a decade older than she thought, but apparently her aging was slowed in stasis. Also, the Miles mentioned in the preview is Miles Warren aka The Jackal, one of Peter's villains, so the retcon also places Jessica tighter into the Spider-Man mythos.
    I always felt that there was a deep connection between Jessica Drew and Dr. Miles Warren. I mentioned this speculation back in 2014 when the Spider-Woman series was written by Dennis Hopeless. I though that it would be a cool idea for some of Spider-Man's rogues to become a part of Jessica's rogue galleries as well, that includes Hobgoblin and Spidercide.

  14. #44
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    You did! I definitely snagged that one this afternoon. It's a store exclusive for anyone who wants it: Big Time Collectibles


    What would be even better is a homage to this cover:

    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-01-2020 at 02:07 AM.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How is it overkill?! Spider-Man teaming up with other Spider-Characters isn't as common as you'd think it be.

    Honestly, I think just don't like other Spider characters and are looking for ways to get rid of them.
    I disagree 100%. Peter is now pinch hitting in the FF. Next why is he not in the Avengers? He was treated as a kid ( MCU) or comedy relief ( 616), and that is something that most fans ( myself included) did not like. As for Miles, he won Disney an Oscar ( not to mention makes them a lot of money) he is going nowhere. Finally I have said this before and I will say it again: Miles and Peter are both Spider-Man and they both operate in New York, but they are very different comics. How? 1: Target market. Demographics ( the average readership age is different). 2: Amazing is different because Peter is every bit as important to the comic as Spider-Man. That is not the case with Miles and most superhero comics). I can go on with other examples but there is no need. Last but certainly not least, Peter has a great supporting cast and an even better rogues gallery ( right up there with Batman) so there is no need to put him in the “Carol Corps” or anywhere else.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •