Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I disagree 100%. Peter is now pinch hitting in the FF. Next why is he not in the Avengers? He was treated as a kid ( MCU) or comedy relief ( 616), and that is something that most fans ( myself included) did not like. As for Miles, he won Disney an Oscar ( not to mention makes them a lot of money) he is going nowhere. Finally I have said this before and I will say it again: Miles and Peter are both Spider-Man and they both operate in New York, but they are very different comics. How? 1: Target market. Demographics ( the average readership age is different). 2: Amazing is different because Peter is every bit as important to the comic as Spider-Man. That is not the case with Miles and most superhero comics). I can go on with other examples but there is no need. Last but certainly not least, Peter has a great supporting cast and an even better rogues gallery ( right up there with Batman) so there is no need to put him in the “Carol Corps” or anywhere else.
    Characters must venture forth outside their social circles. Peter Parker and Carol Danvers are friends. Spider-Man should be a member of the Carol Corps because as Peter Parker, his science background could be put to the test towards seeing how he can come up with solution to the Carol Corps. Peter doesn't need to be Spider-Man in every book, I agree. But Parker(scientist) could be used, which is rare feature in other titles in a non-Spidey role....

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Characters must venture forth outside their social circles. Peter Parker and Carol Danvers are friends. Spider-Man should be a member of the Carol Corps because as Peter Parker, his science background could be put to the test towards seeing how he can come up with solution to the Carol Corps. Peter doesn't need to be Spider-Man in every book, I agree. But Parker(scientist) could be used, which is rare feature in other titles in a non-Spidey role....
    Marvel has put Peter outside his “Social Circle” countless times ( Marvel Zombies being just the latest example). There is no reason except to possibly sell books to put Peter there. I am no expert on Batman, but one problem I have read about is “Too many Bat Books.” There is already another satellite Spider-Man comic coming out next year, plus the FF, plus the Abrams eries dealing with Peter’s son, and Symboite Spider-Man ( I did not even mention Miles or Eddie). Not a good idea at all. Too much of a good thing is not good ( Peter included)
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-02-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Marvel has put Peter outside his “Social Circle” countless times ( Marvel Zombies being just the latest example). There is no reason except to possibly sell books to put Peter there. I am no expert on Batman, but one problem I have read about is “Too many Bat Books.” There is already another satellite Spider-Man comic coming out next year, plus the FF, plus the Abrams eries dealing with Peter’s son, and Symboite Spider-Man ( I did not even mention Miles or Eddie). Not a good idea at all. Too much of a good thing is not good ( Peter included)
    Spider-man's been part of everyone's social circle since forever. He's like Batman, he teams up with everyone. He's had Team-Up books of his own based on this idea.

Spectacular Member

They are friends, yes, but that doesn’t always mean they should always be together in every issue. Peter doesn’t really have an off-switch to Spider-Man, as he is fighting crime almost every issue he’s appeared in. So even though he’s still among the smartest people (make no mistake, he’s still smart to use what he’s learned, and his knowledge to his advantage in fights, whatever), Peter can’t be everywhere, and with everyone at once when he’s got too much on his hands.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    They are friends, yes, but that doesn’t always mean they should always be together in every issue. Peter doesn’t really have an off-switch to Spider-Man, as he is fighting crime almost every issue he’s appeared in. So even though he’s still among the smartest people (make no mistake, he’s still smart to use what he’s learned, and his knowledge to his advantage in fights, whatever), Peter can’t be everywhere, and with everyone at once when he’s got too much on his hands.
    He doesn't have to be in every issue of Captain Marvel. He could appear in a cameo as Peter Parker having a conversation with Carol and providing designs for equipment that's unique for the Captain Marvel series. The same can be applied towards Spider-Woman as well. Parker doesn't have to appear as Spider-Man in everyone's book. If done the right way, Parker could be a supporting cast member who helps the protagonist in a non Spider-Man role, as we rarely ever see him use his science talents to helps other outside of his world.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

He doesn't have to be in every issue of Captain Marvel. He could appear in a cameo as Peter Parker having a conversation with Carol and providing designs for equipment that's unique for the Captain Marvel series. The same can be applied towards Spider-Woman as well. Parker doesn't have to appear as Spider-Man in everyone's book. If done the right way, Parker could be a supporting cast member who helps the protagonist in a non Spider-Man role, as we rarely ever see him use his science talents to helps other outside of his world.
    Why would she speak with him though? Parker is publicly perceived as a failed tech CEO and his defining product Webware lead to the demise of his company, (never mind that we the readers know the real reason). Does she even know Parker is Spidey these days? Also, Carol is better friends with Tony Stark and would likely go to him for any tech needs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Why would she speak with him though? Parker is publicly perceived as a failed tech CEO and his defining product Webware lead to the demise of his company, (never mind that we the readers know the real reason). Does she even know Parker is Spidey these days? Also, Carol is better friends with Tony Stark and would likely go to him for any tech needs.
    Peter Parker and Carol Danvers adventures is an open book. Besides. Parker Industries was Doc Ock's creation, not Parker's. If given the chance to develop his civilian side as a scientist(outside of Spider-Man's world), Parker could develop interests equipment that would rival Stark's. It's a shame that Kelly Sue Deconnick never bothered to develop Carol's friendship with Peter Parker, as well as include him with the Carol Corps. There is a lot of story potential between Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Peter Peter working together...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-17-2020 at 06:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

Peter Parker and Carol Danvers adventures is an open book. Beside Parker Industries was Doc Ock's creation, not Parker's. If given the chance to develop his civilian side as a scientist(outside of Spider-Man's world), Parker could develop interests equipment that would rival Stark's. It's a shame that Kelly Sue Deconnick never bothered to develop Carol's friendship with Peter Parker, as well as include him with the Carol Corps. There is a lot of story potential between Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Peter Peter working together...
    As I said earlier, Peter can't really switch off being Spider-Man, let alone when he wants to. Though he doesn't like it, crime, and other troubles always seem to find him. Should there be a special issue, where it's Spider-Man's day off, no crime fighting, just Peter Parker, he could make new devices for himself. But that's about it. Let Peter, and Carol fight their own battles without depending on one another, and like SpideyClone said, Carol can always ask Tony Stark. Also take into consideration; Does Peter know every attention to detail of Carol's and Jessica's powers? Unless he does, there'd be no point in making devices to help them. If anything Peter only has time fighting crime as Spider-Man, unless something big happens.

Astonishing Member

As I said earlier, Peter can't really switch off being Spider-Man, let alone when he wants to. Though he doesn't like it, crime, and other troubles always seem to find him. Should there be a special issue, where it's Spider-Man's day off, no crime fighting, just Peter Parker, he could make new devices for himself. But that's about it. Let Peter, and Carol fight their own battles without depending on one another, and like SpideyClone said, Carol can always ask Tony Stark. Also take into consideration; Does Peter know every attention to detail of Carol's and Jessica's powers? Unless he does, there'd be no point in making devices to help them. If anything Peter only has time fighting crime as Spider-Man, unless something big happens.
    At one time, Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman respective titles was part of the Spider-Office. I do not see a problem with Jessica Drew making a reoccurring appearance in the pages of ASM, in addition to Captain Marvel. This is what I call character migration into another series that could be used as a marketing tool to bring readers to the series. For sales to grow on a consistent basis, the writer/editor needs to mix things up. For example, Black Cat and Silver Sable should be a featured guests in the pages of Spider-Woman. In turn Jessica Drew, Black Widow, Betsy Braddock, and Tigra could make a reoccurring appearance in the pages of Spider-Man.

Spectacular Member

At one time, Captain Marvel and Spider-Woman respective titles was part of the Spider-Office. I do not see a problem with Jessica Drew making a reoccurring appearance in the pages of ASM, in addition to Captain Marvel. This is what I call character migration into another series that could be used as a marketing tool to bring readers to the series. For sales to grow on a consistent basis, the writer/editor needs to mix things up. For example, Black Cat and Silver Sable should be a featured guests in the pages of Spider-Woman. In turn Jessica Drew, Black Widow, Betsy Braddock, and Tigra could make a reoccurring appearance in the pages of Spider-Man.
    Jessica is already making a reoccuring appearance in ASM:LR, but that's it. And Captain Marvel already has her own battles to prioritise, and her own support circle to rely on instead of asking Spider-Man. Whether or not these things need to happen is up to the writers, not us. They write in what they think works, and discard what doesn't, regardless of the fans requests. As long as we, the fans, are still reading comics, there's no need to get too much of Group A into Comic B, and Group B into Comic A to make things more interesting. Otherwise, It'll only make things more confusing, and it'll curtail their own worth of being heroes. Also, unless a writer comes up with an interesting idea, Peter won't work well with Jess, Nat, Psy, and Tigra. He already has enough women in his circle, and is okay with Felicia and Sable, because they've fought together on numerous occasions, and get along with one another well enough to trust one another.

Peter may be stronger and smarter, but Carol, Jess, Nat, Psy and Tigra don't need his help to fight bad guys, and get more readers into their respective series. They're fine as they are.

Astonishing Member

Jessica is already making a reoccuring appearance in ASM:LR, but that's it. And Captain Marvel already has her own battles to prioritise, and her own support circle to rely on instead of asking Spider-Man. Whether or not these things need to happen is up to the writers, not us. They write in what they think works, and discard what doesn't, regardless of the fans requests. As long as we, the fans, are still reading comics, there's no need to get too much of Group A into Comic B, and Group B into Comic A to make things more interesting. Otherwise, It'll only make things more confusing, and it'll curtail their own worth of being heroes. Also, unless a writer comes up with an interesting idea, Peter won't work well with Jess, Nat, Psy, and Tigra. He already has enough women in his circle, and is okay with Felicia and Sable, because they've fought together on numerous occasions, and get along with one another well enough to trust one another.

Peter may be stronger and smarter, but Carol, Jess, Nat, Psy and Tigra don't need his help to fight bad guys, and get more readers into their respective series. They're fine as they are.
    This is the main reason to why sales of comics (in general) are sluggish. Characters need to migrate to other editorial departments for character development in other titled books. Sable and Black Cat could be better served in other titled books(instead of Spider-Man) that would better flushed out their character development in exchange for the use of non-Spidey created characters who should have had a reoccurring in his world like:

Captain Britain(Brian and Betsy Braddock)
    Tigra
    Jessica Drew
    Black Widow
    Captain Marvel
    She-Hulk

Marvel used to do these things in the past between different editorial departments of exchanging their characters for others. Now everything is segregated among departments. This is the reason to why comics book sales are declining because the departments are not willing to work together, as well as listen to readers letters about using characters for their stories as long as Marvel already had them published in the past. Marvel needs to make things interesting if they want to take back market share away from the Japanese Manga publishers who now dominate the publishing scene.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-17-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    So what do we figure about the future shown in current issues of Captain Marvel? Gerry doesn't age? Jessica had another kid with #itdoesntmatterwhothefatheris or did Hawkeye knock up both Jess and Natasha?
    A shame that Peter Parker wasn't in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, but officially she's considered a Spider-Man character, more or less (Non-Sony movies can use Jessica, but she can't be Spider-Woman, or have her powers), even though it took over 20 years for her to have any minimal connection with him, and all they did was put both in the same team, plus during Spider-Verse she was moved to Spider-Office, so I'm wondering if they're removing her now.

Reminds me that someone once said that, apparently, Spider-Queen isn't considered a Spider-Man character, even though she only showed up in ASM, if true, go figure lol.
    I wish that the Spider-Office had taken the time to incorporate Jessica into Peter's world as a reoccurring ally instead of giving the green light on creating Silk and Ghost-Spider. I want to see a strong development between Peter Parker and Jessica Drew instead of having him being stuck with Deadpool or Miles Morales/or Spider-Gwen. All we have seen is no one realizing that the is money to be made by having Spider-Man and Spider-Woman occasionally working together in each other's books. I wish that Marvel would take the same care with Jessica and Peter having the same type of friendship as she does with Carol Danvers, whose also friends with him as well. But none of the writers of either Captain Marvel or Spider-Woman want to include Peter Parker in their stories respectively.

Why remove Jessica Drew from the Spider-Office when they is so much potential of having her be as a prominent ally and close friend of Peter Parker as the Black Cats does? It gives each of them a dynamic that's different. The Spider-Office has had 6 years to make Jessica a member of Spider-Man's world. Yet, the Editor never asked Dennis Hopeless to have Peter and Jessica working together in a story arc(non-spiderverse). Nor has the Editor ever bothered to have Jessica working alongside Peter during Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man, or even Spencer's run. There is so much potential for Jessica to be as part of Spider-Man's world as Julia Carpenter or Black Cat(whose supposed to be a Spider-Woman created villain)..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-15-2020 at 02:12 AM.

how do i defeat you
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

A big reason a lot of people like Jessica Drew is because she has nothing to do with Peter Parker. I'm one of those people. I don't mine the occasional Spider-Verse team up, but for the most part I'm glad she has nothing to do with him.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I wish that the Spider-Office had taken the time to incorporate Jessica into Peter's world as a reoccurring ally instead of giving the green light on creating Silk and Ghost-Spider. I want to see a strong development between Peter Parker and Jessica Drew instead of having him being stuck with Deadpool or Miles Morales/or Spider-Gwen. All we have seen is no one realizing that the is money to be made by having Spider-Man and Spider-Woman occasionally working together in each other's books.
    As opposed to all the money they didn't make off of Miles and Gwen?

I wish you'd just admit you want a super hero harem around Peter and stop beating around the bush lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.