Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

I like the idea of what seems to be Darthfury's principle..that Peter/Spidey should spend more time, have some crossover with certain female superheroes, like Jess..but how and when it's done I don't know...ground rules for me are that MJ is the love of his life so relationships with the other ladies should be on certain levels: with Jess it should be of mutual professional respect and friendliness (I see this as between Batman and Batwoman also), nothing else....with Carol, they have flirted before so there should be some natural mutual affection, nothing more...Black Cat is only second to MJ for me, they've had a relationship so there's natural strong affection, love and devotion there, she is his greatest (living) ex (IMO)...I liked when Bobbi was with Pete for a while, even if that was just a Slott whim..and a little bit of a mirror of Pete/Felicia..but just good friends now..

I don't see any more coming into the frame though...

Jon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    I like the idea of what seems to be Darthfury's principle..that Peter/Spidey should spend more time, have some crossover with certain female superheroes, like Jess..but how and when it's done I don't know...ground rules for me are that MJ is the love of his life so relationships with the other ladies should be on certain levels: with Jess it should be of mutual professional respect and friendliness (I see this as between Batman and Batwoman also), nothing else....with Carol, they have flirted before so there should be some natural mutual affection, nothing more...Black Cat is only second to MJ for me, they've had a relationship so there's natural strong affection, love and devotion there, she is his greatest (living) ex (IMO)...I liked when Bobbi was with Pete for a while, even if that was just a Slott whim..and a little bit of a mirror of Pete/Felicia..but just good friends now..

I don't see any more coming into the frame though...

Jon
    I see a few more. And they are:

1. She-Hulk
    2. Black Widow
    3. Betsy Braddock
    4. Tigra
    5. Silver Sable

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Speaking of Captain Marvel's current arc:

spoilers:
    In the last issue, Clint was heavily featured in the flashbacks, and we saw he made it through the first war and pretty much everything else until they showed the bomb, then we don't see him again, so I think it's assumed he died then. But we also saw in this issue that Luke Cage is alive while having been presumed dead. So I'm wondering if there are other heroes like that, and if Clint and Natasha are among them so we might see them again in this arc. Or perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part lol
    end of spoilers
    A real shame that Peter Parker was not seen at all throughout Kelly Thompson's run on Captain Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    As opposed to all the money they didn't make off of Miles and Gwen?

I wish you'd just admit you want a super hero harem around Peter and stop beating around the bush lol
    Miles and Gwen(Ghost-Spider) are not close friends with Peter. Nor are they in the same age group. Jessica and Peter are friends who have a lot of shared experiences that has yet to tapped. I feel that Ghost Spider and Miles Morales would be better served in his original Earth-1610 universe, working alongside Ultimate Peter Parker. This would be a better way to make the Ultimate Marvel interesting again by sticking to one series. Marvel even killed off Spider-Gwen's universe to have her remain in Earth-616? Makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    A big reason a lot of people like Jessica Drew is because she has nothing to do with Peter Parker. I'm one of those people. I don't mine the occasional Spider-Verse team up, but for the most part I'm glad she has nothing to do with him.
    Jessica and Peter have nothing to do with each other in terms of Spider-Origins. They do have a lot in common when it comes to related characters and solutions. A blend between Jessica and Peter's respective worlds would not hurt. I feel that the Black Cat should be a Spider-Woman character instead of Spider-Man. If Jessica can become a reoccurring guest in Spider-Man's world as often as Black Cat/ and Julia Carpenter, that would break new ground in story telling. A good example with Jessica having Mister Negative, Carnage, and Norman Osborn as part of her rogue galleries.

What would be a satisfying conclusion is for Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, and Peter Parker become best friends.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-21-2020 at 03:12 AM.

Well I won't argue about Black Cat bc it's on the record she was originally supposed to be a Spider-Woman villain anyway. These days though, Felicia is more of an antagonist for Silk so it's probably not going to happen. But who knows?

That said, I'm still against Jess and Peter being more then mutual respect occasional team ups. Let Jess stand on her own thanks. Peter doesn't need to show up in every solo female characters book.

If you want that, head over to ao3. There are plenty of fics that will give you what you're asking for.
    Last edited by Seren; 11-27-2020 at 01:59 AM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Miles and Gwen(Ghost-Spider) are not close friends with Peter.
    Miles isn't close friends with Peter? Now that's a lie if I've seen any.

Sure, not as close to Peter as Johnny and Matt, but Miles is closer to Peter than any other Spider-Person, except maybe clones, and they do hang out once in a while.

Nor are they in the same age group. Jessica and Peter are friends who have a lot of shared experiences that has yet to tapped. I feel that Ghost Spider and Miles Morales would be better served in his original Earth-1610 universe, working alongside Ultimate Peter Parker. This would be a better way to make the Ultimate Marvel interesting again by sticking to one series. Marvel even killed off Spider-Gwen's universe to have her remain in Earth-616? Makes no sense to me.
    Because apparently killing off Earth-65 for Gwen to move to 616 is weird, but killing off Earth-65 so Gwen can move to Ultimate with Miles is okay?

Well I won't argue about Black Cat bc it's on the record she was originally supposed to be a Spider-Woman villain anyway. These days though, Felicia is more of an antagonist for Silk so it's probably not going to happen. But who knows?
    The ****? Did I time travel back to 2015? Should I warn y'all of the horrors that are coming?

If you want that, head over to ao3. There are plenty of fics that will give you what you're asking for.
    We talking about actual adventures, or characters being adventurous in their bedroom?

Also why were posts from another thread, including one of mine, quoted and posted here when they could've been posted in the other thread? Lol.

Astonishing Member

That said, I'm still against Jess and Peter being more then mutual respect occasional team ups. Let Jess stand on her own thanks. Peter doesn't need to show up in every solo female characters book.

Spider-Woman and Peter Parker are friends. Nothing wrong with Jessica appearing in the pages of Spider-Man and vice versa. I wouldn't mind seeing a Spider-Man and Spider-Woman mini series in the same manner as Spider-Man and Deadpool. The same goes for Carol Danvers and Peter Parker working together.

Considering Jess's condition currently, it probably wouldn't help, but Peter could show up in her book as he did for Otto in the last Superior Spider-Man series and just talk to her since he can relate to someone making copies of his parents and finding out he has a sibling he's known about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Considering Jess's condition currently, it probably wouldn't help, but Peter could show up in her book as he did for Otto in the last Superior Spider-Man series and just talk to her since he can relate to someone making copies of his parents and finding out he has a sibling he's known about.
    Considering some preview art Pere Perez posted on his IG, I think a shaming from Peter is certainly coming.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same, though even if Jessica is able to go back to Gerry and Roger . . . I'm pretty sure there are still some burnt bridges between her and her friends that'll have to be rebuilt eventually, among other repercussions. At least she's got a potentially expanded rogues gallery for more stories, and I'll be looking forward to seeing how Pacheco and Perez can keep going with this series.
    I would love to see Felicia Hardy as part of Jessica's world. In addition, I want to see Jess and Peter Parker work together as often as possible either in ASM or SSM. This is the missing link as they have never teamed up outside of the Avengers and Spiderverse. Jessica is the best alternate to Black Cat as Spidey's ally because she offers something different to Spidey's world.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see Felicia Hardy as part of Jessica's world. In addition, I want to see Jess and Peter Parker work together as often as possible either in ASM or SSM. This is the missing link as they have never teamed up outside of the Avengers and Spiderverse. Jessica is the best alternate to Black Cat as Spidey's ally because she offers something different to Spidey's world.
    What is the perceived need to have Peter with Jess? The only logical reason for you to want this is to have him shack up with her like he did with Felicia or ( worse) Cindy. Be honest about what you want. For me, these are the women I want in Peter’s life. 1: MJ. 2: Aunt May (Unless she she is sent to sleep with the fish). 3: Theresa ( on occasion).

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Maybe in a time travel story where Jessica teams up with Spiderman Noir and their private eye skills could come into play.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Maybe in a time travel story where Jessica teams up with Spiderman Noir and their private eye skills could come into play.
    I always thought that Black Widow and Spider-Man Noir was a better team-up match.. Jessica and Peter 616 has as much potential for a great partnership. It worked well for Spider-Man and Deadpool, and they had so little in common before they met...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 01-17-2021 at 01:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What is the perceived need to have Peter with Jess? The only logical reason for you to want this is to have him shack up with her like he did with Felicia or ( worse) Cindy. Be honest about what you want. For me, these are the women I want in Peter’s life. 1: MJ. 2: Aunt May (Unless she she is sent to sleep with the fish). 3: Theresa ( on occasion).
    As sex partners? No. As close allies and friends who are part of each others social circles? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    here you go again with your agenda
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    here you go again with your agenda
    Not my agenda. I am not the one trying to hook Peter up with Jess, Carol and all kinds of female superheroes.