Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think Tigra makes much more sense as an ally of Jess than of Pete's. Jess's and Tigra's share a background with exposure to the supernatural mixed with science.

The return of Night Shift would be very welcome!
    Considering that a lot of supernatural(mixed with science) events has been going on lately in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man, Jessica, Tigra, and Peter more than qualified to work as allies. In my opinion, I feel that Greer Nelson should not had been made into Tigra(who should have been her own character from the start). As The Cat, Greer might had been a better fit as an ally/supporting character in Spider-Man's world. I never understood why Marvel allowed Greer to become Tigra in the first place? Both Greer and Tigra(the spirit that dwells in Greer's body) are really separate in personality and goals. There is so much potential for Greer to be a part of Spider-Man's world as a Police Office/Crime fighter as her story(as Greer Nelson) could be flushed out.

I view Greer Nelson as a lost opportunity to had been one of Spider-Man's close allies had Gerry Conway had brought her over into the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. She might had avoided being used as Tigra's new body..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-28-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So rather than being her own superhero you want to strip her of her powers and turn her into a supporting character for Peter?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So rather than being her own superhero you want to strip her of her powers and turn her into a supporting character for Peter?
    Tigra and Greer are different characters who share the same body(Greer's). As The Cat, Greer already had powers of her own. But when Tory Isabella pitch his Tigra idea, he felt that using Greer would help to jump start his creation. I would rather see Tigra as her own character while Greer is her own character who have their own respective bodies. There is so much to Greer Nelson as her own character.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Tigra and Greer are different characters who share the same body(Greer's)…
    Maybe you can directly answer CrimsonEchidna's question about Tigra being a supporting character to Spider-Man rather than going off-tangent about the Greer/Tigra duality?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Maybe you can directly answer CrimsonEchidna's question about Tigra being a supporting character to Spider-Man rather than going off-tangent about the Greer/Tigra duality?
    Greer is a Police Officer, who would make for a good supporting character with ties to the NYPD CSI unit. This would help Greer to raise her profile with the Spider-readers because her character is a virtual unknown outside of the Avengers Academy. I miss her character as The Cat, whose the blue print for Black Cat...

Extraordinary Member

Greer is a Police Officer, who would make for a good supporting character with ties to the NYPD CSI unit. This would help Greer to raise her profile with the Spider-readers because her character is a virtual unknown outside of the Avengers Academy. I miss her character as The Cat, whose the blue print for Black Cat...
    Would she still be The Cat though??

Spectacular Member

Better for Tigra to be her own independent heroine, whether she's The Cat, or a cop, who can fight her own battles, than be a tag along for Spider-Man, when he already has too much on his hands.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    Better for Tigra to be her own independent heroine, whether she's The Cat, or a cop, who can fight her own battles, than be a tag along for Spider-Man, when he already has too much on his hands.
    Tigra can be an ally and friend of Peter Parker. There is a lot of story potential between them that has yet to be explored...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saiyan_earthling View Post
    I happen to agree. I think Darthfury 78’s ideal situation is Peter to acquire Avengers Mansion, rename it the Playboy Mansion and besides fighting crime, have heroines in bikinis ( although MJ versus Natasha in a swimsuit competition is worth seeing ( although I put my money on MJ)).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I happen to agree. I think Darthfury 78’s ideal situation is Peter to acquire Avengers Mansion, rename it the Playboy Mansion and besides fighting crime, have heroines in bikinis ( although MJ versus Natasha in a swimsuit competition is worth seeing ( although I put my money on MJ)).
    LOL, though I agree Spiderman needs better relations with female heroes in the MU.Look how good Kitty Pryde turned out to be in 1610

Extraordinary Member

Tigra can be an ally and friend of Peter Parker. There is a lot of story potential between them that has yet to be explored...
    And that can be said about just about any 2 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    LOL, though I agree Spiderman needs better relations with female heroes in the MU.Look how good Kitty Pryde turned out to be in 1610
    And that can be said about anyone who knows Peter's identity. I would love to see him just hanging out as friends with other supers who know his ID.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

And that can be said about anyone who knows Peter's identity. I would love to see him just hanging out as friends with other supers who know his ID.
    But he has way more male than female superhero buddies and there is more potential left to be explored in Spiderman team-ups even in general

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Both very good points there, which brings up the question of what makes a specific pairing so special that it deserves repeated mentions, sometimes scattered in many threads. Everyone has a favorite pairing or ship. Some are just more vocal about it.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Both very good points there, which brings up the question of what makes a specific pairing so special that it deserves repeated mentions, sometimes scattered in many threads. Everyone has a favorite pairing or ship. Some are just more vocal about it.
    Long answer
    1]Spider-man is one of the most if not the most famous superhero ever thus meaning more fans giving us a wider range of ships(just look at batman in DC)
    2]Spider-man usually had solo-ongoing's and isn't part of an avengers(or any team) line up thus not having a lot of content for interactions.Of the ones he has been a part of-
    a)The new avengers was more of Luke Cage and family starring the avengers and that was also more japan daredevil\ronin stuff
    b) The second new avengers(the one with nadia pym)was atrocious and had everyone hate Spiderman and Peter Parker for no reason.
    3]Interesting stories.Most of these are based on interactions that while short have amazing potential
    a)Captain marvel-The date, Seige one shot vs venom,The last run in Ms Marvel had Carol confiding in Spidey(in issue 50 after mystique),also the sparring in the next run,Kelly Thompon isn't a Spidey-Marvel fan and shut it down and gave us Strange in Marvel(LOL).Also Spidey can hold his own in space and his intellect can be highlighted since he may be out of his league in the strength up there.
    b)Psylocke-A+x issue,the fact that Spiderman mentored Captain Britain for a hot minute and the MOJOverse mind wipe all have great potential.
    c)Black widow-The Nancy Rushman stuff,Ends of the Earth and Superior interaction.Also Spidey in espionage stuff could be fun(if done right ofc) and the Spider motif stuff
    d)She-hulk-This is more based on personality, the comic with the french dress was johnny btw(not pete) I think.
    4]I think these relationships should not be romantic and should be more based on respect atleast atm.No one said they needed to bone.
    5]Not all characters work as evident by mockingbird romance.No build-up and not much substance besides a couple of good moments while dating when much better options are available.
    I don't know much about greer but I would much rather have the white tiger since both are animal totems types and because the T.V.show(Ultimate Spider-man).

Took me a while to write all this down so please do respond

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Long answer
    1]Spider-man is one of the most if not the most famous superhero ever thus meaning more fans giving us a wider range of ships(just look at batman in DC)
    2]Spider-man usually had solo-ongoing's and isn't part of an avengers(or any team) line up thus not having a lot of content for interactions.Of the ones he has been a part of-
    a)The new avengers was more of Luke Cage and family starring the avengers and that was also more japan daredevil\ronin stuff
    b) The second new avengers(the one with nadia pym)was atrocious and had everyone hate Spiderman and Peter Parker for no reason.
    3]Interesting stories.Most of these are based on interactions that while short have amazing potential
    a)Captain marvel-The date, Seige one shot vs venom,The last run in Ms Marvel had Carol confiding in Spidey(in issue 50 after mystique),also the sparring in the next run,Kelly Thompon isn't a Spidey-Marvel fan and shut it down and gave us Strange in Marvel(LOL).Also Spidey can hold his own in space and his intellect can be highlighted since he may be out of his league in the strength up there.
    b)Psylocke-A+x issue,the fact that Spiderman mentored Captain Britain for a hot minute and the MOJOverse mind wipe all have great potential.
    c)Black widow-The Nancy Rushman stuff,Ends of the Earth and Superior interaction.Also Spidey in espionage stuff could be fun(if done right ofc) and the Spider motif stuff
    d)She-hulk-This is more based on personality, the comic with the french dress was johnny btw(not pete) I think.
    4]I think these relationships should not be romantic and should be more based on respect atleast atm.No one said they needed to bone.
    5]Not all characters work as evident by mockingbird romance.No build-up and not much substance besides a couple of good moments while dating when much better options are available.
    I don't know much about greer but I would much rather have the white tiger since both are animal totems types and because the T.V.show(Ultimate Spider-man).

Took me a while to write all this down so please do respond
    I think if you want to get into Spidey teaming up in super heroics with other characters then you may as well just bring back Marvel Team Up. You can get all your Spidey team up dreams fulfilled and see him interact with other heroes. But I think that bringing all that into ASM you are doing something of a disservice to the ASM supporting cast like May and MJ as well as giving Peter a personal life himself. He is supposed to be working on his doctorate...but I do not think I can even remember the last time he went to class in ASM.

I would also like to see Peter...and not Spidey...helping other heroes like Jess, other Jess, Luke, etc...by being someone they come to for tech support/assistance. For example if Jessica Drew found some device during an investigation she is not sure what it is or does...then she gives Peter a call to check it out.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-07-2021 at 09:22 AM.