Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Just here to post about how disappointed I am in how she got handled in Hellions. After issue 2 and then especially issue 3, where her personality was AMAZING and yes she was sinister and imposing but also quirky and charming ("Being forgotten is my LEAST favorite thing", I love that addition to her character. So meta but also awesome)..

Then issue 4... she's just... randomly shot to death. By fucking Greycrow. So so so stupid. And then the decision is don't revive her... shaking head.

WHAT. A. WASTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    here's hoping Maddie and Mystique wreck Krakoa
    You and me both buddy. If there's any way for that to happen sign me the hell up

Although I still believe Moira is "wrecking Krakoa" from within just more indirectly or abstractly and that's the core unraveling plotline of all of this
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 11-03-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Just here to post about how disappointed I am in how she got handled in Hellions. After issue 2 and then especially issue 3, where her personality was AMAZING and yes she was sinister and imposing but also quirky and charming ("Being forgotten is my LEAST favorite thing", I love that addition to her character. So meta but also awesome)..

Then issue 4... she's just... randomly shot to death. By fucking Greycrow. So so so stupid. And then the decision is don't revive her... shaking head.

WHAT. A. WASTE.

You and me both buddy. If there's any way for that to happen sign me the hell up

Although I still believe Moira is "wrecking Krakoa" from within just more indirectly or abstractly and that's the core unraveling plotline of all of this
    I am hoping she comes back with a vengeance and Mystique helps her get revenge. Also I really want Maddie to meet Emma
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post

WHAT. A. WASTE.

Maddie had plenty of chances to kill Greycrow. The fact she didn’t to me means she wanted that body destroyed. She had survived for years as a ghost until Arkea and the Enchantress put her in the modified body of Ana Cortez. Maddie previously said nothing less than Jean Grey could contain her power. So she needed a Jean Grey clone body and all is proceeding according to plan. Sinister has a hidden clone farm for himself on Krakoa and likely has some Madelynes around. Maddie will possess these dormant Madeline and make a true return. Wood’s Sisterhood totally botched her return.

Plus she had to be out of the way because of X of Swords, Leaving next years issues to deal with her.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Maddie had plenty of chances to kill Greycrow. The fact she didn’t to me means she wanted that body destroyed. She had survived for years as a ghost until Arkea and the Enchantress put her in the modified body of Ana Cortez. Maddie previously said nothing less than Jean Grey could contain her power. So she needed a Jean Grey clone body and all is proceeding according to plan. Sinister has a hidden clone farm for himself on Krakoa and likely has some Madelynes around. Maddie will possess these dormant Madeline and make a true return. Wood’s Sisterhood totally botched her return.

Plus she had to be out of the way because of X of Swords, Leaving next years issues to deal with her.
    We'll see. I've read a few of you guys speculation on stuff like this when I went through this thread the other day. I mean.. I don't THINK so... but. Obviously I hope you're right !
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

art by Michael Brower
    Last edited by juan678; 11-05-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by Michael Brower
    Very interesting seeing all of the different Maddi together, lol! Also nice artwork.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Submitted this for a contest on another board, but figured I might as well post it here, too. I have a funny feeling if Madelyne ever does come back, she won't be recognizable. I wish she could have been as popular as Harley, complete with her own movie. Nothing against Jean, but there's so much more you can do with Maddie that you can't do with Jean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

art by Philip Tan

I found this pitch for a series starring Madelyne. What do you guys think?

https://thecorteztwins.tumblr.com/po...id-love-to-see

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I find myself rather intrigued by that pitch for Madelyne, especially regarding the themes and ideas emphasized by the pitcher.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

LOVE this pitch and would love to see Maddie receive a redemption like this. I only read her death in Hellions yesterday (very late to the party I know!) and it was so fucking LAME. Really enjoyed her characterisation but they built up her return like that just for her to be killed by a measly bullet?? Yeah, definitely wasn’t a fan. I’m a Jean fan but Maddy has been so hard done by. She needs a writer who truly cares for her to finally give her the attention and redemption she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by Michael Brower
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    LOVE this pitch and would love to see Maddie receive a redemption like this. I only read her death in Hellions yesterday (very late to the party I know!) and it was so fucking LAME. Really enjoyed her characterisation but they built up her return like that just for her to be killed by a measly bullet?? Yeah, definitely wasn’t a fan. I’m a Jean fan but Maddy has been so hard done by. She needs a writer who truly cares for her to finally give her the attention and redemption she deserves.
    I'm glad Michael Brower put the real Madelyne front and center, with Anodyne right beside her. I'd like to see a triad of Madelyne, Anodyne and the Goblin Queen, with Anodyne and the GQ struggling for dominance and Maddie caught in the middle, struggling to control both of them.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Incredible Member

Like the fact Bower also included the version of Madelyne from the MUTANT-X mag.

spoilers:
    It was nice to see Gabby Kinney point out the injustice of Maddie being denied a resurrection while Sinister is on the Council
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I'm glad Michael Brower put the real Madelyne front and center, with Anodyne right beside her. I'd like to see a triad of Madelyne, Anodyne and the Goblin Queen, with Anodyne and the GQ struggling for dominance and Maddie caught in the middle, struggling to control both of them.
    Like Jean was when she was struggling for dominance while caught between The Phoenix Force and Madelyne as seen during "Judgement War"?

Last edited by Micabe; 12-16-2020 at 02:24 PM.