Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I agree.
    Though I can understand why they would gloss over the Arkea plot...it wasn't very interesting or well thought through...much like Woods' entire X-Men run, really. So it's less a reset and more a retcon of sorts for character and story interest.
    Personally, I'm really enjoying evil Maddie, so I'm good with that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree.
    Though I can understand why they would gloss over the Arkea plot...it wasn't very interesting or well thought through...much like Woods' entire X-Men run, really. So it's less a reset and more a retcon of sorts for character and story interest.
    Personally, I'm really enjoying evil Maddie, so I'm good with that.
    Shame, as a sentient bacterium that possesses technology instead of biology . . . that was a promising idea, at least at first. I'm thinking that concept could make some kind of comeback through the advent of the homo novissima --- technologically enhanced/engineered transhumans --- prophesized in Powers of X.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Shame, as a sentient bacterium that possesses technology instead of biology . . . that was a promising idea, at least at first. I'm thinking that concept could make some kind of comeback through the advent of the homo novissima --- technologically enhanced/engineered transhumans --- prophesized in Powers of X.
    I can totally see Arksa coming back. Woods had bug plans for the Sisterhood that dropped after Marcel fired for sexual harassment.

It’s a shame because not only did Arkea have a lot of promised, I liked his choice for the Sisterhood. Great lineup.

And he was the first person to resurrect Maddie has a true flesh and blood person, following the first Sisterhood story. I would like to see Madelyne Pryor, Selene, Typhoid Mary, the Enchantress, Arkea reform the Sisterhood to take on the Avengers. I think Maddie will drop her beef with the XMen to move to Krakoa. But it doesn’t mean she is going to stop scheming. Selene lives on Krakoa and is still scheming in Captain America.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 08-30-2020 at 07:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Story-wise, Up to the point where she fullfilled her "mission" for Sinister...yes.

After she had her child stolen, then shot and presumed dead, then got "Demonised" by S'ym...no.
    One can argue she truly became separate from Jean Grey the second she emerged from the Seige Perilous after FotM, attempting to forge her own path, her own identity with the Outback X-Men. That is the greater part of her story. The clone/baby thing is just the catalyst...and not terribly important in the present.
    We’ll post fall of the mutants is when Maddie became her own person and was living her life outside of what Sinister programmer her to do. Her working as an airplane pilot was programming to make her attractive to Cyclops, who likes airplanes. Her learning the Reavers computer system was her coming into her own interest. Then she was corrupted into the Goblin Queen and fully activated.

The clone/baby thing still has it’s importance as it’s a factor in why the writers brought her back. She’s still a part of the Grey/Summers family.

Assuming she moves to Krakoa there will be plenty of interaction. Maddie specifically, as she hates the way Sinister used her and decided to kill her, took over his base so she could magically corrupt his clones and send them after him. So yes, the clone thing is a big part her motivations. She ordered Arclight to eat Greycow because he was the one who shot her in the head and took her baby. So the baby angle is still important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its way past time they move her past that. They kind of did in X-man as she was not really motivated by Jean, Scott or Sinister. What we are seeing is regression a she's back to where she was in the late 80s. She wasnt even this psychotic and out there when we last saw her a few years ago
    Most of the Hellions are equally crazy. She is just way more powerful. The whole point of this book is what to do with problematic mutants and how to give them a purpose. So it seems like they will invited her to Krakoa and maybe she’ll eventually join the team.

As for her current round of crazy, she felt the X-Men ignored her since her resurrection.

In short she is doing this for attention. She obviously could have killed all the Hellions, but didn’t try. She’s leaving openings to be stopped. Psylocke was wounded and she didn’t even tell the zombie Marauders to finish her off or capture her. She didn’t tell the zombies to kill Wildchild.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I can totally see Arksa coming back. Woods had bug plans for the Sisterhood that dropped after Marcel fired for sexual harassment.

It’s a shame because not only did Arkea have a lot of promised, I liked his choice for the Sisterhood. Great lineup.

And he was the first person to resurrect Maddie has a true flesh and blood person, following the first Sisterhood story. I would like to see Madelyne Pryor, Selene, Typhoid Mary, the Enchantress, Arkea reform the Sisterhood to take on the Avengers. I think Maddie will drop her beef with the XMen to move to Krakoa. But it doesn’t mean she is going to stop scheming. Selene lives on Krakoa and is still scheming in Captain America.
    From what I recall, Selene's arc in Captain America takes place before House/Powers of X, though I could be wrong there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The character is actually growing on me. Never liked before but Hellions is making me like her. I just cannot stand the Jean clone thing. I would like her better if she got a completely different look than that of Jean. There are mutants that could change her appearance like Masque and Lucy.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

I'd bet good money the Cuckoo's would line up for such a transformation just to spite Emma.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    From what I recall, Selene's arc in Captain America takes place before House/Powers of X, though I could be wrong there.
    You are correct.
    Nothing in Coates' books are concurrent with HiX-Man's X-Men.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'd bet good money the Cuckoo's would line up for such a transformation just to spite Emma.
    They already did that.

I hate the Quiet Council, I hate all those anti Madelyne Pryor who dominate the X-Office since the creation of the character

spoilers:
    Let's resuscitate the deceased Cuckoos but forbid Maddie Pryor to come back to life. They are all clones but let's pretend that Maddie must not be resurrected because she is Jean's clone. I also hate the author because what's the point of bringing Maddie back if it's to kill her after only four issues ????
    end of spoilers

I agree. She is not just a plot device or a supervillain. She deserves better.
    She’s like the madwoman in the attic of the Summers’ house.

Sometimes an author tells a story to address a tragedy or injustice and elicit an emotional (and in some cases upsetting) response from the reader(s). Not every life is happily ever after, and there is value in centering on that truth.

That being said, those familiar with Zeb's prior work should know he's a long game writer.

Justice 4 maddie