Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I still don't understand her powers.

Does she have the same powers as Jean? Plus she's a magic user?
    You just explained her powers.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

At this point...I'd be happier if she was more magic-user than mutant-powered (which seems to be the direction Wells is taking her) Given her subversion by S'ym and N'astirh it would make more sense and it completely separates her from Jean Grey at this point.
    Plus...the X-Men need more magic/sorcery foes/allies.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Meh! I'm just grateful that Madelyne died a "mutant" well before Arkea and Enchantress pulled their funny business and shoved her soul into the body of a nanite infested Human Cyborg.

I just did a deep dive on Maddie while explaining her character arc to someone else. At this point if she were to show up and burn the entire island down I would scream YASS QUEEN YOU ICON YOU!

Everything about her backstory makes me hate Scott and Jean so, so much. That line from Scott about finally being together with his family was unintentionally brutal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I just did a deep dive on Maddie while explaining her character arc to someone else. At this point if she were to show up and burn the entire island down I would scream YASS QUEEN YOU ICON YOU!

Everything about her backstory makes me hate Scott and Jean so, so much. That line from Scott about finally being together with his family was unintentionally brutal.
    Maddie was always intended to be Mr. Sinister's broodmare -- her backstory was meant to be brutal.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-29-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You just explained her powers.
    Ha! Thanks

If Maddie attacks Krakoa and loses, she'll be thrown into some prison there. And then it will be played on some supervillain or hellions or x-forcer team. If she dies I wouldn’t know where they’d implement her memory

Her best power is that her breasts appear to defy gravity at all times
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Maddie was always intended to Mr. Sinister's broodmare -- her backstory was meant to be brutal.
    Actually, Claremont said in an interview that Maddie was never supposed to be a Jean clone, or Jean resurrected, but a perfect lookalike with natural resistance to telepathy. I unfortunately don't remember where I read that interview many (really many) years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Actually, Claremont said in an interview that Maddie was never supposed to be a Jean clone, or Jean resurrected, but a perfect lookalike with natural resistance to telepathy. I unfortunately don't remember where I read that interview many (really many) years ago.
    I think I remember part of that---Maddie was not supposed to be Jean in any way, but just be a human (no powers) who has a scary close resemblance to Jean without any explanation as to why.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At this point...I'd be happier if she was more magic-user than mutant-powered (which seems to be the direction Wells is taking her) Given her subversion by S'ym and N'astirh it would make more sense and it completely separates her from Jean Grey at this point.
    Plus...the X-Men need more magic/sorcery foes/allies.
    A big part of her character is that she is Jean Grey’s clone and the birth mother of Cable. And that Sinister creates her. She is not separate from Jean Grey.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I think I remember part of that---Maddie was not supposed to be Jean in any way, but just be a human (no powers) who has a scary close resemblance to Jean without any explanation as to why.
    Which was extremely stupid. He never dud anything to prove she wasn’t Jean like introduce Maddy’s parents, have a generic test done, etc. the way she miraculously entered the X-Men’s lives and had psi shields the great Xavier couldn’t penetrate suggests she was a plant of some villain. Someone placed her at the right place at the right time. We know who did.

BANNED

Same powers as Jean. She has a bit of Phoenix force. Plus she is a powerful magic user.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    A big part of her character is that she is Jean Grey’s clone and the birth mother of Cable. And that Sinister creates her. She is not separate from Jean Grey.
    Story-wise, Up to the point where she fullfilled her "mission" for Sinister...yes.

After she had her child stolen, then shot and presumed dead, then got "Demonised" by S'ym...no.
    One can argue she truly became separate from Jean Grey the second she emerged from the Seige Perilous after FotM, attempting to forge her own path, her own identity with the Outback X-Men. That is the greater part of her story. The clone/baby thing is just the catalyst...and not terribly important in the present.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-30-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Its way past time they move her past that. They kind of did in X-man as she was not really motivated by Jean, Scott or Sinister. What we are seeing is regression a she's back to where she was in the late 80s. She wasnt even this psychotic and out there when we last saw her a few years ago