Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I've always had a soft spot for Madelyne because Scott did her so dirty. He cheated on her emotionally with Jean as soon as Jean came back to life and left his pregnant wife alone to fend for herself. She's a victim of Sinister, Scott and S'ym and can't really be blamed for what happened after that. It has to suck to find out you're a pawn constructed to always be second best, and a stand-in for a woman who looks just like you.

I love her Goblin Queen look too but her Earth-1298 alternate's Marvel Woman costume is just as wickedly macabre.

madelyne 3.jpg

There's just something about a redhead in purple, Jean should take note.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I always wanted Maddie to have a clear, non-crazy moment with Cable. She his mother and I feel like a story that actually goes into their relationship could be good.

She birthed him, but Jean is his mom and it bothers me how often this is neglected, Jean and Scott raised him yet very rarely is it treated as such. This not an attack on your comment it's just something I've noticed over the years it's like adoptive parents are almost treated as a consolation prize.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for Madelyne because Scott did her so dirty. He cheated on her emotionally with Jean as soon as Jean came back to life and left his pregnant wife alone to fend for herself. She's a victim of Sinister, Scott and S'ym and can't really be blamed for what happened after that. It has to suck to find out you're a pawn constructed to always be second best, and a stand-in for a woman who looks just like you.

I love her Goblin Queen look too but her Earth-1298 alternate's Marvel Woman costume is just as wickedly macabre.

madelyne 3.jpg

Definitely sucks, but at the same time, child sacrifice is a bit much, to say the least. Also, I find it quite interesting that the three men who hurt and/or exploited Madelyne all have names starting with the letter S. On your overall point, though, that's why I want Madelyne to start a support group-slash-revolutionary movement for mistreated, exploited, and abused clones in the Marvel Universe. If sentient/sapient machines can have their revolution . . . why not clones?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She birthed him, but Jean is his mom and it bothers me how often this is neglected, Jean and Scott raised him yet very rarely is it treated as such. This not an attack on your comment it's just something I've noticed over the years it's like adoptive parents are almost treated as a consolation prize.
    Actually a decent point. Sure, we could argue that Madelyne would've been a good mom if she hadn't been done so dirty, but at the same time, she did try to sacrifice Nate when he was still a baby. Granted, she was far from being in her right mind at the time, but that should still give some second thoughts about letting her near (Kid/Teen) Cable, now that I think about it that way.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Unfortunately, that would be the simplest way to depict her. Then again, if all these mutant villains who've done as bad as if not even worse than Madelyne have been able to receive asylum and second chances on Krakoa, why not her?
    I think Charles said something about "no clones" in krakoa, or something similar. Which would be weird considering X-23 and gabby. And The Cuckoos. Or was it Hickman? Idk, I'm lost.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I honestly dislike the word "clone". It somehow feels denigrating, like pointing that someone is not a real person but a thing.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-21-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I would love to see Madelyne faces off with Emma. The first wife VS the mistress.
    Wouldn't the Mistress be Jean?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Maddie should have been an illusion and not a clone

Definitely sucks, but at the same time, child sacrifice is a bit much, to say the least. Also, I find it quite interesting that the three men who hurt and/or exploited Madelyne all have names starting with the letter S. On your overall point, though, that's why I want Madelyne to start a support group-slash-revolutionary movement for mistreated, exploited, and abused clones in the Marvel Universe. If sentient/sapient machines can have their revolution . . . why not clones?

Actually a decent point. Sure, we could argue that Madelyne would've been a good mom if she hadn't been done so dirty, but at the same time, she did try to sacrifice Nate when he was still a baby. Granted, she was far from being in her right mind at the time, but that should still give some second thoughts about letting her near (Kid/Teen) Cable, now that I think about it that way.
    Okay you're a clone (notice I avoided using that word in my first post) would you have any affinity for the child you were manipulated into creating and he was the sole purpose for your existence? Keep in mind you have no real upbringing and any values you have were force fed to you in a test tube. No one has ever nurtured you and all you've known is abandonment and fake love from fake friends. Then remember you're really angry and under demonic possession. None of that puts you in the proper frame of mind for motherhood. You'd have no frame of reference for it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Okay you're a clone (notice I avoided using that word in my first post) would you have any affinity for the child you were manipulated into creating and he was the sole purpose for your existence? Keep in mind you have no real upbringing and any values you have were force fed to you in a test tube. No one has ever nurtured you and all you've known is abandonment and fake love from fake friends. Then remember you're really angry and under demonic possession. None of that puts you in the proper frame of mind for motherhood. You'd have no frame of reference for it.
    A good point as well, I'll admit. When you put it like that, the X-Men really ought to have been ashamed of themselves --- some more than others, obviously --- for how Madelyne was treated by them leading into Inferno.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Thinking about it. Maddie probably isn't more than 10 years old. The entire history of the X-men has passed on ten years according to House of X.
    She could probably be older now thanks to limbo shenanigans but at the moment of her death who knows
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-22-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wouldn't the Mistress be Jean?
    No, Jean was official

madelyne 3.jpg

Her **** are on the wrong side of her top
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Her **** are on the wrong side of her top
    Ya mean the right should be on the left and left on the right? Or they should be on her back?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Maddie should have been an illusion and not a clone
    Maddie should have been a quantum entangled "twin" of Jean Grey. Our concept of Time is too limited. Our concept of the Phoenix Force even more so. I conceive of an origin where the Phoenix Force, which experiences and acts across all Time in the same instant, influenced the life that was about to form -- Jean before she was an embryo, at the very moment of conception when her cells were just beginning to divide. Only instead of one Jean coming from that wellspring of life, three were made. Three to preserve the mythical lore of the trinity. One became Jean; the second became Phoenix and later Dark Phoenix; and the third was Maddie. Not a clone. Not an alt. Not a fragment. Something far simpler, and yet, mind bogglingly complex. I believe an entity as powerful as the Phoenix Force ("second only to the Creator") is capable of such things.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Fear? That she'll be depicted as a one-note, one-dimensional villain when she has a lot of understandable axes to grind regarding Sinister and his continuing to draw breath.
    We share the same fear.

And I'm shocked that they're going to let her keep her original costume without any modifications.

Either way, I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I was hoping for a full Madelyne redemption story with her leaving X-ville to join the Avengers or something, but I'll settle for her being the Goblin Queen once more.