Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Inferno existed somewhat against Claremont’s will because with Jean back Madeline couldn’t be ignored. The whole point was to destroy her viability. Still, I always wished she purged the goblin energy, kept powers and stuck with the X-men because she was badass. Jean Grey WiSHES.

Inferno really wasn’t a great look for anyone, apart from his royal highness the Goblin Prince Alex.

Fantastic Member

Woof.

But I recently Re-read it and the payoff after payoff after payoff for so many storylines was mind blowing. But I think the point was I one got a good look from the whole Maddie-Jean mess.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Inferno was a great Cross-over. I loved every page every moment of it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The worst part of Inferno was no more Soulsword Illyana.
    "Cable was right!"

Madelyne's viability as a character was completely compromised by Jean Grey's return. She has the most viability in her contrast to Jean (and Rachel) as the Goblin Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Inferno existed somewhat against Claremont’s will because with Jean back Madeline couldn’t be ignored. The whole point was to destroy her viability. Still, I always wished she purged the goblin energy, kept powers and stuck with the X-men because she was badass. Jean Grey WiSHES.
    Seriously!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Madelyne's viability as a character was completely compromised by Jean Grey's return. She has the most viability in her contrast to Jean (and Rachel) as the Goblin Queen.
    I love the Goblin Queen. She definitely has a lot of viability.

And in recent years we’ve seen more of her sporadically.

Just read Hellions #1. Won't spoil it, but the final page alone is worth the price.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The worst part of Inferno was no more Soulsword Illyana.
    I agree 100%
    I was chocked. Magik was the most interesting NM. I was disappointed when she was de-aged. I was horrified when they killed her later.

EDIT : and we had to wait so long before they brought her bacK. I don't why Marvel love to keep their best strong female character dead. You Go Girl...
    Last edited by franckd; 03-25-2020 at 04:37 AM.

BANNED

Just read Hellion #1 and i must say i loved it esp. the last page^^

Fantastic Member

That was the most evocative moment of that entire run and excruciatingly perfect in its bittersweet conclusion; at great cost, the winter wolf became a cub again.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is nice that Maddie was there since the first issue, hopeful this will be a long road for her and not just a minor villain of the week role.
    What do you think will be her motives?
    Sinister and the Summers are definitely on her radar

I feel like Sinister might have set up her presence at his lab or whatever. I don't exactly love the idea of her being his lackey again so hopefully that's not the case, but he definitely knows more than he was willing to share with Psylocke

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Exactly. "Evil for the f*** of it" can be fun at first, but wears out its welcome awfully quick. A villain with plausible motivations for what they do beyond just "I wanna make people suffer" is, ore often than not, a villain that has actual potential for development and growth, which any good character --- regardless of moral alignment --- should have.
    She looks a bit insane, though… far from the nice Madelyne Pryor in the beginning.
    Does she need clear motivations?
    Last edited by Zelena; 03-25-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe