Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    I always thought she was designated a Mutate when she was captured during Genosha. The mutant Wipeout could detect no mutant powers to wipeout, but stated she wasn't human. Then later she was more amplified by Demon Magics.
    She has the same DNA as Jean Grey, who is a mutant with the X-gene. Therefore Maddie is a mutant with the X-Gene. Cable inherited his mother’s powers, who had the same powers as Jean because the same DNA.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think she will be a lasting villain not for just one arc.I don't think she'll be welcome on Krakoa. She'll probably work outside its perimeter but be a constant menace.I don't want every single villain on Krakoa.
    Maybe she's after being worshipped like Selene ,who knows..
    In my opinion she took control of his orphanage and lab, and Sinister isn't strong enough to beat her, so she sent the Hellions there hoping they do the job he can't do himself
    Perhaps clones created by Sinister feel attracted to the place they were created, that includes both the original Marauders and Maddy

Maddie vows revenge!

Fantastic Member

I never got that far into X-man in the 90s ... but what in god's name did Havoc ever do to her? I'll have to re-read, but he was definitely her puppy from what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I never got that far into X-man in the 90s ... but what in god's name did Havoc ever do to her? I'll have to re-read, but he was definitely her puppy from what I recall.
    Nothing. I think he'd have been collateral damage bc he was Scott's brother. Its funny bc she did alot of talking but she never sought revenge against any of those people in the 90s but that was most likely bc the X-books ignored her with only X-man and Cable acknowledging her return. She should have been a bigger deal

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Maddie vows revenge!
    She got revenge on the Marauders already!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Can we get a Maddie one-shot where she uses the Goblin/ Bete Noir force to travel back in time to speak to...Anodyne? Who knows, maybe she has a bone to pick with Loki too? I mean the Fire Fountain was only supposed to work on people who didn't have super genetics. Well, if all of the reworking of Maddie's origin is true, the Fire Fountain should not have worked on Maddie. Maybe Loki did something to her true essence in order for his magic to work? Think about it: the cost of Loki's Fire Fountain powers was one's ability to create in a uniquely individual and imaginative way. If that doesn't spell "clone", I don't know what does. Loki had to have known something. At the end of the day, Maddie is responsible for her actions, but I struggle with her going from this angelic healer to psychotically obsessed and evil incarnate. Please tell me the core of the real Maddie Pryor is trapped within the Fire Fountain, waiting for someone to release her. Sigh.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I would really like to see Maddie interacting more with Yana. It could be great and expand more about limbo and mutant sorcery.

question about her does cable consider her as his mom at any capacity? I read that she is his birth mother
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    question about her does cable consider her as his mom at any capacity? I read that she is his birth mother
    Nah, he's told her to screw off at pretty much every opportunity.

The one time he didn't was when she helped him and Nate Grey beat Stryfe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

He acknowledges her as his bio-mother but not family

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly, they have no relationship. I can't imagine how everything would be if this mess didn't happen. What kind of character would be maddie today?
    Woukd Cable still be a kid, so many things would be so different

BANNED

Not to Forget during Inferno the Writers did all they could to make her as vile as they can. That we did not see her kicking puppies in every Picture still surprises me.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I liked those panels thanks. Her costume there is good so is her attitude

She should never be "totally rehabilitated" that's a boring waste of her

But yes needs to be portrayed with more complexity and nuance than just "complete satan"
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Oh damn that’s unfortunate doesn’t seem fair though
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy