Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why would Storm and Mystique abstain
    Yeah, I don't know. I forgot to comment about Mystique, but I could see her voting no because if Destiny isn't resurrected yet, why would a clone be?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, I don't know. I forgot to comment about Mystique, but I could see her voting no because if Destiny isn't resurrected yet, why would a clone be?
    Well that brings up a good point for why Mystique would vote yes. Since they arent bringing Destiny back, she'd use Maddie as a weapon to burn Krakoa down as was alluded to in her spotlight issue of X-men. Maddie is already on board and it would be perfect revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well that brings up a good point for why Mystique would vote yes. Since they arent bringing Destiny back, she'd use Maddie as a weapon to burn Krakoa down as was alluded to in her spotlight issue of X-men. Maddie is already on board and it would be perfect revenge
    I think you can make the case for most of the council to vote either way. We can only be absolutely certain of a few of the votes, outside of knowing that at least seven had to say no. Do we know what happens if the vote is tied? Who is the tiebreaker, if anyone?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

I have given it more thought. Let poor Maddy Rest In Peace. Basically she was going to summon demons and unleash them on Krakoa because she felt abandoned. A lot of innocent mutants who had nothing to do with her issues with the X-Men would have gotten killed.

Plus everyone on the Quiet Council is proud of what they accomplished for Krakoa. They don’t want to let someone in who is going to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think you can make the case for most of the council to vote either way. We can only be absolutely certain of a few of the votes, outside of knowing that at least seven had to say no. Do we know what happens if the vote is tied? Who is the tiebreaker, if anyone?
    A tiebreaker would probably be Krakoa and Cypher, as they've been established as a sort of adjunct to the council.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think Storm would have voted yes, and perhaps Jean too. There's no way Emma would, though.
    I can see Storm saying yes, but Jean, I don't know. If she were a different clone she would say yes but this is too personal for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can see Storm saying yes, but Jean, I don't know. If she were a different clone she would say yes but this is too personal for her.
    I think the fact that Jean has the OG's Maddie's memories would cause her to vote no as she likely wouldnt consider this version the real deal. She was a psychic entity that had a body altered to look like Jean and was going around doing these horrific things and wanted to wage war on Krakoa wearing Jean's face. Yeah, I dont think Jean would voteyes

Spectacular Member

Would there even be a personality to upload in a resurrected body? Professor Xavier is using Cerebro to make backup's of Mutant's minds. If Maddie is not technically considered an actual person and is just Jean's clone then doesn't it stand to reason that he wouldn't waste the space storing her imprint. The fact that there was a vote and possibility that they could resurrect her means that he felt the need to make a copy. That to me would be a strong argument that she was in fact a separate entity and not just a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Would there even be a personality to upload in a resurrected body? Professor Xavier is using Cerebro to make backup's of Mutant's minds. If Maddie is not technically considered an actual person and is just Jean's clone then doesn't it stand to reason that he wouldn't waste the space storing her imprint. The fact that there was a vote and possibility that they could resurrect her means that he felt the need to make a copy. That to me would be a strong argument that she was in fact a separate entity and not just a clone.
    Jean and Xavier were both dead when Maddie returned and got her body. Cerebro was still making automatic backups even when Xavier wasnt piloting it so it would have had hers by default.

The fact that Cyclops tried to convince them but failed I think implies that he did it with people with whom he has a certain confidence (Like, Scott would not waste time trying to convince Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Shaw or Mystique because he knows what he say it won't affect them in the least).

He would appeal to the people who will listen to him (Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Kitty, Jean, Emma and Kurt).

And yet he did not succeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The fact that Cyclops tried to convince them but failed I think implies that he did it with people with whom he has a certain confidence (Like, Scott would not waste time trying to convince Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Shaw or Mystique because he knows what he say it won't affect them in the least).

He would appeal to the people who will listen to him (Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Kitty, Jean, Emma and Kurt).

And yet he did not succeed.
    The X-Men in the Council all likely voted know because she wanted to put demons in Marauder bodies and massacre people on Krakoa. Plus she is a psychic ghost created by X-Man placed a body genetically and magically modified to be a Jean clone.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The X-Men in the Council all likely voted know because she wanted to put demons in Marauder bodies and massacre people on Krakoa. Plus she is a psychic ghost created by X-Man placed a body genetically and magically modified to be a Jean clone.
    I am not judging their decision, we are simply trying to figure out how the vote went. I understand the position of the Council, Alex and Scott here. It's hard.

BANNED

Of course did anyone take her pulse to see if she’s dead? This is comics. Plus Arrako’s demons are introduced.

Extraordinary Member

Maddie, Bloodstorm and Evan deserve better.

This outcome affected me more than I expected. Considering she's a complete nut who was planning bloody genocide I'm surprised at how sad I am that she and Havok don't get the same happy ending that all the other Mutants do on Krakoa.

Poor Maddy. I hope we see her again.