Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Would be fun if they still took up the Arkea plot because it's pretty weird how Arkea almost sounds like Krakoa and Arakko.Have Arkea be the Trojan horse, wired into the nervous system of Selene, who is biding her time to resurrect Maggie perhaps using magic or perhaps by siding with Havok to do it behind everyone's back and so fast track Krakoa for a Phalanx invasion or bring the Terminus spore idea.Like if Arkea was actually a technological bacteria that was herself attacked and changed by the Phalanx/Terminus and so now is kind of their herald in the ultimate gameplan.Her goal is to prepare the way for the Phalanx/Terminus to take over the world.Would be a cool idea
    Last edited by Rev9; 09-17-2020 at 04:42 AM.

There’s no way Maddie is permanently dead. There is loads of story potential with her encountering Scott, Jean, Emma (Still can’t believe we have yet to get an interaction with them yet) and Teen Cable all on Krakoa at once and I think things with her and Alex aren’t tied up yet.

Not to mention hopefully when she comes back she will be somewhat grounded as a character, and not the accelerated mustache twirling Inferno version that we saw of her here.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    There’s no way Maddie is permanently dead. There is loads of story potential with her encountering Scott, Jean, Emma (Still can’t believe we have yet to get an interaction with them yet) and Teen Cable all on Krakoa at once and I think things with her and Alex aren’t tied up yet.

Not to mention hopefully when she comes back she will be somewhat grounded as a character, and not the accelerated mustache twirling Inferno version that we saw of her here.
    I actually think that this first arc set her up to be even worse. She now has even more reason to hate the X-men and Krakoa. When she comes back, I think she's gonna be a big bad and cause some hell (pun intended). Hellions did not set her up to return and be a grounded individual

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I actually think that this first arc set her up to be even worse. She now has even more reason to hate the X-men and Krakoa. When she comes back, I think she's gonna be a big bad and cause some hell (pun intended). Hellions did not set her up to return and be a grounded individual
    She has every reason to exact revenge on the Council (Sinister specifically), but I hope it’s done in a more nuanced and complex matter than her being an over the top villain summoning a horde of demons to take over. Maybe she imprinted some sort of watch spell on Alex that will gain her easy access to Krakoa.

Hell now she can probably join the ranks working towards the downfall of Krakoa along with Mystique and Destiny, for them denying her resurrection. The story potential possibilities are endless with her existence in this era. Hope editorial has plans for her and she wasn’t a one off.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    She has every reason to exact revenge on the Council (Sinister specifically), but I hope it’s done in a more nuanced and complex matter than her being an over the top villain summoning a horde of demons to take over. Maybe she imprinted some sort of watch spell on Alex that will gain her easy access to Krakoa.

Hell now she can probably join the ranks working towards the downfall of Krakoa along with Mystique and Destiny, for them denying her resurrection. The story potential possibilities are endless with her existence in this era. Hope editorial has plans for her and she wasn’t a one off.
    My theory is that she transfered her mind to Havok and will try to take possession of Jean's body. Could be fun to watch Jean be uncharacteristically a bitch at the Council meeting as Maddie plots her revenge from within

Fantastic Member

Madelyne Pryor, to my mind, is one of the most sympathetic villains out there. Hellions #4 did a lot to further that interpretation. The idea that Krakoa won't bring back a clone when half the Krakoans are already clones (created by the same Sinister technology) is farcical. Treating Madelyne like dirt is probably Cyclops (and Jean's) greatest sin and Scott, in particular, should really have to answer for it.

But I'm firmly convinced that Krakoa and everything on it is evil. So, the Council acting in this way is hardly surprising, given all the other abominable things they are happy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post
    Madelyne Pryor, to my mind, is one of the most sympathetic villains out there. Hellions #4 did a lot to further that interpretation. The idea that Krakoa won't bring back a clone when half the Krakoans are already clones (created by the same Sinister technology) is farcical. Treating Madelyne like dirt is probably Cyclops (and Jean's) greatest sin and Scott, in particular, should really have to answer for it.

But I'm firmly convinced that Krakoa and everything on it is evil. So, the Council acting in this way is hardly surprising, given all the other abominable things they are happy to do.
    half of them are clones of themselves, which is a different distinction. Outside of the Cuckoos, Krakoa isnt resurrecting characters that are clones of existing citizens

BANNED

I wonder why the Frostitutes get Krakoan resurrection passes when they are emphatically clones of Emma?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunN View Post

But here's the deal- if that is really Madelyne, not some fake version of her that has been around since X-man series days, then she's:

1- A rapist;
    2- Someone that had an incestuous relationship with someone that is her biological son (and was a teenager at the time);
    3- Someone that has been continuously trying to murder the X-men for petty reasons for a long time, and in this series alone has tried to destroy Krakoa because they didn't personally invite her, and her fragile ego can't stand that.

Then, there's really no reason for the X-men to be sympathetic for her- she blew whatever sympathy she was owed a long time ago. If that's not the real Madelyne, then's she's been dead since Inferno, and there's no reason to revive that specific version we just saw.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I wonder why the Frostitutes get Krakoan resurrection passes when they are emphatically clones of Emma?
    The Cuckoos have always been helpful and obedient.

Madelyne was summoning demons you put in clones of mutant assassins yo commit acts of genocide on Krakoa.

It’s obvious why they didn’t resurrect her. The clone angle was just an excuse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    But here's the deal- if that is really Madelyne, not some fake version of her that has been around since X-man series days, then she's:

1- A rapist;
    2- Someone that had an incestuous relationship with someone that is her biological son (and was a teenager at the time);
    3- Someone that has been continuously trying to murder the X-men for petty reasons for a long time, and in this series alone has tried to destroy Krakoa because they didn't personally invite her, and her fragile ego can't stand that.

Then, there's really no reason for the X-men to be sympathetic for her- she blew whatever sympathy she was owed a long time ago. If that's not the real Madelyne, then's she's been dead since Inferno, and there's no reason to revive that specific version we just saw.
    This is X-Man Maddie. The psychic ghost who finally got her own body.

And she’s been pretty evil so no reason to revive someone who wants you dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    They arent clones of Emma; they are clones of each other. Having been created from her eggs, they are more akin to being daughters. As for why they get a pass? Part of their power is their hive mind. They have always been stronger together and part of the resurrection is that mutants can be brought back to their most optimal form. All 5 Cuckoos are needed for that. When you get rid of one, it cripples them and its like losing a limb. They operate and function better as a unit

BANNED

My main theory is: havok is manipulated by sinister with the wish of bringing maddie back, then he does but with an extra gene, so the first non sinisterhimself chimera is born

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    My main theory is: havok is manipulated by sinister with the wish of bringing maddie back, then he does but with an extra gene, so the first non sinisterhimself chimera is born
    Why? I think outside of Jean, Sinister is the one that would NOT want Maddie back the most. She always hated him the worst and most of her revenge exposition in the past has been aimed at destroying him. He tricked the Council into sending the Hellions to take care of her for him bc he knows he'd be dead if he faced her himself. I dont see him wanting to have her on Krakoa because she is his biggest threat