Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed. It's why I'd like her to start, found, or even join a support network for fellow clones in the Marvel Universe. It's like nobody in-universe (or none of the writers and editors in real life) watched the end of Pokémon: The First Movie, where the antagonist, a superpowered clone Pokémon named Mewtwo, finally realizes that "what you do with the gift of life is what counts."
    holy **** she IS MEWTWO

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    holy **** she IS MEWTWO
    No, not really close. Mewtwo had hatred towards humans from the beginning.

She was a very good person and fit into the X-Men family quite well. Even helping them to fight villains and make sacrifices, which is really noble. It's very sad to see she became like this and it was actually quite understandable. Cyclops was a big jerk and Mr. Sinister pretty much ruined her.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for Madelyne because Scott did her so dirty. He cheated on her emotionally with Jean as soon as Jean came back to life and left his pregnant wife alone to fend for herself. She's a victim of Sinister, Scott and S'ym and can't really be blamed for what happened after that. It has to suck to find out you're a pawn constructed to always be second best, and a stand-in for a woman who looks just like you.

I love her Goblin Queen look too but her Earth-1298 alternate's Marvel Woman costume is just as wickedly macabre.

Attachment 93496

There's just something about a redhead in purple, Jean should take note.
    Scott was a terrible person in this story.

Even after that, Maddie still kept her good heart and helped the X-Men so much. Even saving the world as a hero, her world collapsed when she learned that she was just Jean's Clone. That was utter tragedy for a woman like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post

She was a very good person and fit into the X-Men family quite well. Even helping them to fight villains and make sacrifices, which is really noble. It's very sad to see she became like this and it was actually quite understandable. Cyclops was a big jerk and Mr. Sinister pretty much ruined her.
    Not really. Trying to sacrifice her child along with other babies, damned the Earth to a demonic invasion and murder the X-men bc she was mad at Scott and Sinister wasnt understandable. She took things way overboard with her retaliation. Instead of focusing her anger on the two individuals she felt wronged her, she lashed out at everyone. Nothing justified that part

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

She doesn't deserve to stay as a villain. The character started as a good, even heroic woman, it was all Cyclops and Mr. Sinister's fault.
    Definitely agreed on that she doesn't deserve to stay a villain.

To be fair to Mewtwo, humans created him for the sole purpose of weaponizing him. The hatred on his part is fully understandable, if not necessarily condonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not really. Trying to sacrifice her child along with other babies, damned the Earth to a demonic invasion and murder the X-men bc she was mad at Scott and Sinister wasnt understandable. She took things way overboard with her retaliation. Instead of focusing her anger on the two individuals she felt wronged her, she lashed out at everyone. Nothing justified that part
    Also agreed, sadly. While her anger at Cyclops, Sinister, and even S'ym would be fully understandable, if not justifiable, threatening others, let alone the entire world, that had nothing to do with the role any of the aforementioned three played in her downfall was not condonable by any means.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because she found out she was nothing but a clone to her romance rival, to serve the purpose to have child with Cyclops, thus wiped out her mind.

The story after that just turned her into a one dimensional villain.

Because she found out she was nothing but a clone to her romance rival, to serve the purpose to have child with Cyclops, thus wiped out her mind.

I feel sorry for Maddy. The writers turned her evil so Scott can be with Jean. Scott did her dirty is right. Scott also did Jean dirty. Also did Emma dirty and Frezy (Minor). Hmmmm, I am sensing a pattern here. Why is he so popular again?

BANNED

When the demons activated Maddy’s mutant powers they activated the Phoenix fragment in her. Maddie was grown in a tune and had not developed consciousness until a Phoenix fragment inhabited her..

Her first conscious thought was of the death of Jean as the Dark Phoenix.

So with the Phoenix fragment within tilted towards Dark Phoenix, all it took was the demons to let all that out.

The XMen didn’t do her in favors by having her hide in the Australian base. Had they told everyone they were alive and immediately began the hunt for her son she might not have such a target to be activated by the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshipper View Post
    I feel sorry for Maddy. The writers turned her evil so Scott can be with Jean. Scott did her dirty is right. Scott also did Jean dirty. Also did Emma dirty and Frezy (Minor). Hmmmm, I am sensing a pattern here. Why is he so popular again?
    But ironically, it was such attempt that made her into a very sympathetic character.

That doesnt excuse her trying to kill everyone. She isnt the first person to find out she's a clone but she took it way overboard

I can understand being sympathetic towards her plight bc she did have a tragic story, but none of that really justifies her actions. This stuff was messed up. She tried to murder her kid, the X-men and the entire world. I hope the preview images are misleading and she isnt back to this mentality bc the Goblyn Queen really does her no favors

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When the demons activated Maddy’s mutant powers they activated the Phoenix fragment in her. Maddie was grown in a tune and had not developed consciousness until a Phoenix fragment inhabited her..

Her first conscious thought was of the death of Jean as the Dark Phoenix.

So with the Phoenix fragment within tilted towards Dark Phoenix, all it took was the demons to let all that out.

The XMen didn’t do her in favors by having her hide in the Australian base. Had they told everyone they were alive and immediately began the hunt for her son she might not have such a target to be activated by the demons.
    The X-men arent to blame for what happened to her. She did not have to hide with them but she did so for protection since Sinister was out to kill her. They needed to lay low bc they had been struck alot of blows leading up to the Australian era
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-14-2020 at 01:11 PM.

That was what I'm talking about, they tried to turn her into one dimensional villain to whitewash Cyclops.

Still to this part, her madness was understandable, I would not be much better had I walked into her shoe.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I would love for her to be an absolute, all-out villain.

With the X-Men, we get villains turning heroes...ALLTHETIME.

I wouldn't mind seeing the flip-side of that...and the Goblyn Queen seems like the perfect candidate to assume that role.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I would love for her to be an absolute, all-out villain.

With the X-Men, we get villains turning heroes...ALLTHETIME.

I wouldn't mind seeing the flip-side of that...and the Goblyn Queen seems like the perfect candidate to assume that role.
    The only way I could see that making sense would be if she was (quite understandably) pissed that the X-Men were willing to let Sinister's many crimes against them and others slide and reward him with a high position in their new mutant nation, and joined Mystique in wanting to burn Krakoa to the ground.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Or...She just fully embraces her villainous, Queen of Goblins and Evil side. It's not as though there isn't precedent...see Inferno.
    People turning evil don't have to "make sense" especially in comics.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or...She just fully embraces her villainous, Queen of Goblins and Evil side. It's not as though there isn't precedent...see Inferno.
    People turning evil don't have to "make sense" especially in comics.
    and when it doesnt make sense, thats the way to ruin a character and make them unusable. Given a villian proper motivation is key to making them layered and not one-note