Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazo vs. Jiren

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    True strength is not true strength.

Really through, this is... Jiren's fight to lose barring Amazo having powers enough to mess with "I slap all hell out of Goku" level strength.
    Amazo has done stuff like defeat about 20 odd JLAers, all being called in to reinforce the original Morrison era Big 7 , being stopped only by a plot device. Another time he copied half the powers of a reality warping device that has reshaped the universe on occasion

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

So Amazo, at his best, has overwhelmed Wally West in a high speed battle. I'm not sure how fast we peg the Super crew at this point, but I feel like it is probably slower than Wally.

So the question becomes if Amazo can actually harm Jiren. He certainly has a lot of options to try, with power copying being the most obvious. I think he may have telepathy too? I recall him using the Martian Manhunter's phasing before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Amazo has done stuff like defeat about 20 odd JLAers, all being called in to reinforce the original Morrison era Big 7 , being stopped only by a plot device. Another time he copied half the powers of a reality warping device that has reshaped the universe on occasion
    Speed isn't especially the issue here. At the point of the Tournament where they battle, Goku has been ruled to be in the ballpark of "universe buster", or at the very least galaxy buster. Jiren has also just straight muscled through esoterics/time stops. So I'm more asking if Amazo can actually hurt that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Speed isn't especially the issue here. At the point of the Tournament where they battle, Goku has been ruled to be in the ballpark of "universe buster", or at the very least galaxy buster. Jiren has also just straight muscled through esoterics/time stops. So I'm more asking if Amazo can actually hurt that.
    What durability feats does Jiren have? Universe buster isn't a durability feat. Not saying he's not, just need clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    So Amazo, at his best, has overwhelmed Wally West in a high speed battle. I'm not sure how fast we peg the Super crew at this point, but I feel like it is probably slower than Wally.

So the question becomes if Amazo can actually harm Jiren. He certainly has a lot of options to try, with power copying being the most obvious. I think he may have telepathy too? I recall him using the Martian Manhunter's phasing before.
    He has read MMHs mind

https://i.imgur.com/6eeha6m_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium

And I'm pretty sure this was a telepathic/soul attack to separate the Firestorm fusion

https://i.postimg.cc/zv2Xr5Zm/20200216-163000.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/XJ7b7hgn/RCO012.jpg

He copied the powers of an object that was being used around the time to freeze big bangs and reality warp the universe. In his words, half of "infinite power"....

https://i.imgur.com/VlEWNUr_d.jpg?ma...idelity=medium

I think that should be enough, combined with various esoteric (including magic) to put down Jiren

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I doubt Amazo's even close to strong enough to hurt Jiren physically, outside of copying Jiren's powers and strength.

But he's got lots of other options that Jiren lacks feats for resisting.

On the other hand, Jiren has some silly feats for resisting esoterics - using "strength" to fight time stops is salutatory. I just don't know how much that would translate to resisting reality warping or, perhaps especially, telepathy.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Yeah that's basically the issue with super characters at this point. Their resistances are really inconsistent with their power bracket.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    And I'm pretty sure this was a telepathic/soul attack to separate the Firestorm fusion

https://i.postimg.cc/zv2Xr5Zm/20200216-163000.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/XJ7b7hgn/RCO012.jpg
    Looking at the scans, Amazo says "Extra dimensional extrusion," for the attack itself.

Like he's going into whatever dimensional space the girl's physical body resides in while being Firestorm. That would be more... highly specific teleportation more than telepathy or soul attack for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Looking at the scans, Amazo says "Extra dimensional extrusion," for the attack itself.

Like he's going into whatever dimensional space the girl's physical body resides in while being Firestorm. That would be more... highly specific teleportation more than telepathy or soul attack for my money.
    I mean, does it matter? Like do we have reason to think Jiren is more resistant to any of those than the others?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean, does it matter? Like do we have reason to think Jiren is more resistant to any of those than the others?
    I don't really have a take as it pertains to Jiren, was only wishing to comment on the content of the scans.