Default How would nuclear Godzilla do in the Japanese Godzilla-verse?

Godzilla after he was given the nuclear power up by Serizawa.

Technically that power up didnt change much in regards to his on screen feats. They mentioned he looked like he had "been working out" but ehh.

Also, without Mothra, that power up is ultimately fatal lol.

If what you meant was "how well does Burning Godzilla stack up to his Japanese counterparts" then the answer is, quite well. With only a few exceptions, he immediately becomes one of the toughest versions of Godzilla.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

There are several different Japanese Godzilla-verses, most of which are not interconnected. Think of it as a Godzilla Multiverse.

If we dropped MonsterVerse Godzilla into the following verses (and assumed he wouldn't eventually explode), here's what I think would happen:

1) Showa

MonsterVerse Godzilla is 108-meters tall and weighs nearly 100,000-tons. Showa Godzilla is only 50-meters tall and weighs 25,000-tons. Even though Showa is pound-for-pound, one of if not the strongest Live Action Godzilla, there's no comparison. Fortunately, MV Goji is relatively benign, and after making peace with Showa Godzilla, the Earth would become the safest place in the Showaverse.

2) Heisei

Competition is sparse but arguably more intense in the Heiseiverse than what would be found on Monsterverse Earth. SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah are apocalyptic levels of threat that I don't think even MV Goji could overcome, not without receiving serious upgrades or help (of which there is an abundance). Heisei Earth humans are highly advanced and wield potent anti-kaiju weapons. Given MV Godzilla's goodwill, there's a chance the humans would in time come to see him as an ally. MV Godzilla and Heisei Godzilla would continuously vie for dominance, with the former emerging the victor; however, neither Godzilla is powerful enough to kill the other outright, so this is a feud that might carry on long after human life fades from Heisei Earth. Expect a Godzilla team-up if the threat level demands it (e.g., Destoroyah).

3) Godzilla 2000

MV Godzilla dominates. Ironically enough, given how preachy some of this verse's humans can be, MV Godzilla reaffirms their belief that there's a connection here worth exploring. MV Serizawa believes in balance and dreams that Godzilla is the key to coexistence; here, that dream becomes a reality.

4) GxM

Again, MV Godzilla dominates. Hopefully, he makes peace with the humans before they drop a miniaturized black hole onto his head.

5) GMK

Oh, the humans would be so happy to have MV Godzilla in the world. GMK Godzilla is a force of destructive evil. Though the world has the Yamato Guardians (GMK versions of Ghidorah, Mothra, and Baragon), they're nowhere near strong enough to stop GMK Godzilla. MV Godzilla, on the other hand, stomps him something fierce. If MV Godzilla stops GMK Godzilla in time before he destroys the Yamato Guardians, expect MV Godzilla to lead them in maintaining balance in the world.

6) GxMG/G: Tokyo SOS

The humans are going to have a field day with MV Goji. Why? Well, because they'll likely try to make a mechanized version of him, which would be fitting. There's not much MV Goji has to worry about, with the significant exception of the Absolute Zero Cannon.

7) Godzilla: Final Wars

MV Goji and Final Goji develop a (highly volatile) rivalry. Most of the other monsters wouldn't pose much of a threat. Aside from Final Goji, only Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah threatens MV Godzilla's supremacy. Keizer Ghidorah could very well beat MV Goji on his own. And if the Gotengo/Ozaki amplifies final Goji? MV Godzilla would need that Fire Godzilla upgrade to stand a chance.

8) Shin Godzilla

For starters, Shin's humans would be intrigued by MV Godzilla. Shin Earth might be the closest thing the Godzilla Multiverse has to a 'real' Earth. No matter, MV Godzilla definitely would see destructive potential in Shin Godzilla. While the humans hesitate to destroy him, MV Godzilla arrives to correct that mistake by annihilating the creature. If Shin has time to evolve into his Fourth Form, things become direr. I'd give MV Godzilla the odds given Shin's habit of entering into a coma every time he exerts himself, but it wouldn't be a piece of cake. After saving the day, Shin Earth's geopolitics and interspecies relationships become a hot commodity. Expect an uneasy truce between MV Godzilla and humanity, with the former becoming the darling of the scientific community for many years to come.

9) Godzilla Earth

It's here MV Godzilla finds himself completely outclassed. Godzilla Earth is to MV Godzilla what MV Godzilla is to a lowly Skullcrawler. Given Godzilla Earth's rage and fixed hatred for humanity, which would clash with MV Godzilla's ideology, there's no doubt both Godzillas would fight. Maybe MV Godzilla would have a fighting chance if he arrived sooner, like back when the smaller Godzilla Earth first emerged. That way MV Godzilla has time to evolve and counter Godzilla Earth's exploits. It's just Godzilla Earth was incredibly powerful and insanely durable back when he first arrived on the scene. So barring a miracle, I don't like MV Godzilla's chances.

Fantastic breakdown Tom! ^_^

I particularly enjoyed how you included the detailed breakdown of how the humans would interact as well on touching on MV Godzilla's ideology.

I'm in 93.4% agreement with your assessment overall.

The parts I miiight disagree on is how easily MV Godzilla manages to deal with Shin. I know we have had healthy disagreements in the past as to how potent a threat Shin's breathe really is for starters. Secondly, MV G absorbs ambient radiation like you and I breathe oxygen. Shin likely only strengthens the dude before getting pulled apart and slagged at close range in their first and only real fight.

Secondly, its hinted that MV G's tolerance of humanity may have limits. He views us in much the same way as he views the other Titans. A super species worthy of a chance to maintain ecological harmony. Specifically, in Godzilla Earth's world, a sort of environmental harmony has already been enacted by the sheer presence of Earth. In this world, he may be content to allow Humanity to either perish or conform to this. I doubt he would try saving us if we were to step out of line.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I dunno, in the 2014 Godzilla they straight shot him up with tank rounds, and his response was to seemingly protect innocents.

Though that may be me like... projecting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I dunno, in the 2014 Godzilla they straight shot him up with tank rounds, and his response was to seemingly protect innocents.

Though that may be me like... projecting.
    After watching that scene again, it DID seem like he was positioning his body in between the missiles and the bridge. He also waited for the civilians to escape before breaking through the bridge.

Buuut he also killed like a hundred people with a tsunami. I guess you could argue that he did the math on the little MUTO being a mobile threat so he wanted to catch and kill him fast before he could escape.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm in 93.4% agreement with your assessment overall.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs

The parts I miiight disagree on is how easily MV Godzilla manages to deal with Shin. I know we have had healthy disagreements in the past as to how potent a threat Shin's breathe really is for starters. Secondly, MV G absorbs ambient radiation like you and I breathe oxygen. Shin likely only strengthens the dude before getting pulled apart and slagged at close range in their first and only real fight.
    Good point. MV Godzilla's radiation absorption abilities are massively superior to most other Godzillas, making him, ironically enough, an Anti-Godzilla Godzilla. MV Godzilla would be better-suited taking down other Godzillas than, say, MechaGodzilla.

Secondly, its hinted that MV G's tolerance of humanity may have limits. He views us in much the same way as he views the other Titans. A super species worthy of a chance to maintain ecological harmony. Specifically, in Godzilla Earth's world, a sort of environmental harmony has already been enacted by the sheer presence of Earth. In this world, he may be content to allow Humanity to either perish or conform to this. I doubt he would try saving us if we were to step out of line.
    You might be right. Even if MV Godzilla isn't as benign as I think he is, Godzilla Earth will give him major cause for concern. I doubt MV Godzilla would have a chance to bend the knee to the much more powerful Godzilla because Earth is homicidal when it comes to dealing with living things that are not made in his image. MV Goji has no choice but to ally with the humans or face extermination (unfortunately, the latter is the most likely outcome).

Actually yeah, the anime movies did say that Earth straight up murdered other Kaiju whenever they popped up, even if they were friendly. Like Mothra.

MVG would team up then likely die.

Also, that 100% agree is out there waiting for us. Dont lose hope! ;P
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 02-17-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    - big_adventure

The anime movies never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    After watching that scene again, it DID seem like he was positioning his body in between the missiles and the bridge. He also waited for the civilians to escape before breaking through the bridge.

Buuut he also killed like a hundred people with a tsunami. I guess you could argue that he did the math on the little MUTO being a mobile threat so he wanted to catch and kill him fast before he could escape.
    I feel like he's sorta weighing the odds, yea.

MUTO going to kill a whole lot more people if not stopped, yadda yadda.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I feel like he's sorta weighing the odds, yea.

MUTO going to kill a whole lot more people if not stopped, yadda yadda.
    I'm cool with that interpretation honestly.
    - big_adventure