Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New FF Book

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m enjoying it, and I think the FF are going to get the well deserved push this year with their expanded presence, thanks to minis/events X/FF and Empyre. Is it perfect? No. Not by a long shot, but it’s a good reintroduction of the First Family after their years long absence.

I'm really enjoying the book and this is the most I've liked Slott's writing in... pretty much ever.

FF and the DoX books are the only Marvel books I'm currently subscribing to on Comixology.

I dropped the book after issues #2.
    I found the book to be... unreadable.

All-New Member

Default So disapointed in the FF new Comic

I am a Fan since the I 1st. bought the comic (#1) after a haircut when I was 10 years old . Now, It seems they have dumbed down Reed , Johnny is in another Bullshit relationship , Sue can't keep her shields up , and Ben never fights like he used to.
    The Kids have been the focus of the book .
    HEY Marvel ! The FF should be your LEAD Book ! All you have done is give us a (terrible ) rehash of FF 1 to whatever ! The Mole Man vs. Wy , Johnny and Sky ? WTH? AND then you have some Moloids at the end of the recent book getting ready to slove the problem !

Soo , Reed has been dumbed down , Ben has a broken arm ( Which never hapened before ) , Johnny is in ANOTHER relationship that will end badly , and Sue is spaced out !

Not Good !

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ulti View Post
    I am a Fan since the I 1st. bought the comic (#1) after a haircut when I was 10 years old . Now, It seems they have dumbed down Reed , Johnny is in another Bullshit relationship , Sue can't keep her shields up , and Ben never fights like he used to.
    The Kids have been the focus of the book .
    HEY Marvel ! The FF should be your LEAD Book ! All you have done is give us a (terrible ) rehash of FF 1 to whatever ! The Mole Man vs. Wy , Johnny and Sky ? WTH? AND then you have some Moloids at the end of the recent book getting ready to slove the problem !

Soo , Reed has been dumbed down , Ben has a broken arm ( Which never hapened before ) , Johnny is in ANOTHER relationship that will end badly , and Sue is spaced out !

Not Good !
    I think it can be argued that this would be due to the fact that Ben was changing to human form just as he gave the Hulk his best Sunday Punch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Totally agree. I've been buying the issues out of habit but so far haven't read them since the Doom arc ended.
    I'm in the same place

It's now my only marvel book and I think I mostly want to like it

But I find it very bland plot wise,vwhich was never the case for me with the FF in the past
    Last edited by kilderkin; 03-10-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    It’s not the book itself, it’s Dan Slott. He’s just not a good fit for the book. Other than Marrying Ben and Alicia, everything else seems like fanboyism. The team needs another big idea writer who will push them to new heights while also keeping them in character.
    Agreed, but who could be that writer for the FF? Hickman has moved on to the X-Men and Donny Cates, arguably the hottest name in comics right now, is on Thor. Maybe they could snatch Jeff Lemire?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Agreed, but who could be that writer for the FF? Hickman has moved on to the X-Men and Donny Cates, arguably the hottest name in comics right now, is on Thor. Maybe they could snatch Jeff Lemire?
    Chip Zdarsky. Without question. His Marvel two in one series was precisely what the Fantastic Four should be. It’s theme was adventure and the focus of the relationship between the family, especially Ben and Johnny; who always have the deepest and heartfelt connection out of the team.

Zdarsky's Two-In-One had no plot.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

I like that Ben and Alicia are not only married but they have cats. seem more marvel characters are becoming cat people, Gambit, Bucky, Natasha(if i remember her 2014 series), Speedball, ect saying this as a cat lover