Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Of course. If the reviews had been positive, yet Green Lantern still bombed, then maybe the absence of John might have been the problem. However, the reviews were on the negative side based on a variety of things having nothing to do with either Hal or John, so that's the reason why it didn't make a profit (that and a bloated budget, that is).
    That film has a big problem for a superhero movie. It's not exciting enough. When I watched it on TV, I actually nodded off...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That film has a big problem for a superhero movie. It's not exciting enough. When I watched it on TV, I actually nodded off...
    The problem I had with it was that they jammed too much plot onto too little film
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I never watched it. I knew nothing about Hal or GL besides their reputation at that time (Parallax, Rebirth, Sinestro, Oa, rainbow corps). I saw the trailer and saw a dudebro getting all excited being a superhero and I just... that tone is not for me... the impression I got was more like a comedy.
    I like the look of Oa and the other Lanterns though, and I like the bit where Carol went "I've seen you naked, you don't think I'd recognize you?"