Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Which characters would you put in a Challenge of the Super Friends reboot?

If there was a Super Friends reboot, which heroes and villains would you put in it.

The original one had 11 heroes and 13 villains. It's not necessary to keep the numbers the same in the reboot.
    Last edited by caj; 02-15-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Isn't this basically what Justice League Action was?

I'd handle it the same way JLU, JLAction, and Snyder's run handled it. Use the Snyder Big 9 lineup (including Cyobrg on a regular basis though), with some of those guys in each episode (more balanced, less Bat-centric) and cycle in guest stars for each new story.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Isn't this basically what Justice League Action was?
    Yeah, I wish that show had caught on.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm guessing you meant the Challenge of the Super Friends by the description you gave. With that in mind, I'd keep the rosters of the Super Friends and the Legion of Doom the same with the exceptions of subbing Vixen for Robin and Gentleman Ghost for Toyman.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm guessing you meant the Challenge of the Super Friends by the description you gave.
    Fixed. Thanks.

We have JL and the Injustice Gang.
    So for Super Friends
    I'd focus specifically on the Hanna Barbara created heroes and make them their own team actually called Super Friends.
    Just give them all updates, pants and shirts to start.

Further, use some hybrid version of their JLU/YJ analogs as their civilian iDs.

Super Friends:
    1. Tye (Apache) Manitou Longshadow
    2. Volt aka Buster (Vulcan) Jones (after the man who voiced him)
    3. Eduardo (Desperado) Dorado
    4. Toshio (Samurai Wind Dragon) Eto
    5. Asami Qi(氣) Koizumi (a new addition)
    6. Exor Twins (Zan & Jayna & Gleek
    7. Rima (the bird girl)
    https://i.imgur.com/Nn9jQxM.jpg?1

Villains again I would develop some of their HB created villains.

If you are not using the SF specific characters then why call it that, you might as well use the JL
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-15-2020 at 08:56 PM.

^^^dang, you need to re-edit that post!!!

On topic, i’d Love to see a JLI cartoon, w. similar storylines and artwork...

...though being over 30 years old i’m not sure how faithful an adaptation it could actually be.

Still, Bats, Fate, MM, Canary, Capt. Marvel, BB, Guy...ah the possibilities.

Astonishing Member

I'd probably do an original roster and take the cast in directions that DC has failed to do. NO rehashing ANY comic storylines.

Roster- Cyborg, Supergirl, Lightning , Donna Troy, Beast Boy, Terra.

Supporting cast- Bumblebee, Power Girl (Tanya) and Roundhouse

Villains- Ultra Humanite, Grail, Dr. Cyber, Cobalt Blue(heavily reimagined), government sponsored metahuman teams

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    We have JL and the Injustice Gang.
    So for Super Friends
    I'd focus specifically on the Hanna Barbara created heroes and make them their own team actually called Super Friends.
    Just give them all updates, pants and shirts to start.

Further, use some hybrid version of their JLU/YJ analogs as their civilian iDs.

Super Friends:
    1. Tye (Apache) Manitou Longshadow
    2. Volt aka Buster (Vulcan) Jones (after the man who voiced him)
    3. Eduardo (Desperado) Dorado
    4. Toshio (Samurai Wind Dragon) Eto
    5. Asami Qi(氣) Koizumi (a new addition)
    6. Exor Twins (Zan & Jayna & Gleek
    7. Rima (the bird girl)
    https://i.imgur.com/Nn9jQxM.jpg?1

Villains again I would develop some of their HB created villains.

If you are not using the SF specific characters then why call it that, you might as well use the JL
    i'd like to see the hb super friends again....

wait, i vaguely remember seeing samurai in doomsday clock.

wonder what's up with the rest.

Ultimate Member

Love to see these old Hanna-Barbara Superfriends (or modern re-imaginings of them, like Tye Longshadow from Young Justice!). Skip the more famous 'Big 7' Superfriends entirely, just go with these new faces!

It could be set in a world where the Big 7 are missing, or a running gag that these Superfriends are the backup or reserve, who 'just happen' to be left behind together when the Big 7 are off fighting some insane over-the-top cosmic threat, and the alarm sounds and it's up to them to save the day! After like, three episodes of this, one of them will comment to the camera, 'It's a weird coincidence that it's always us seven who get left behind to deal with these threats, don't you think?' and then it will never be mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Love to see these old Hanna-Barbara Superfriends (or modern re-imaginings of them, like Tye Longshadow from Young Justice!). Skip the more famous 'Big 7' Superfriends entirely, just go with these new faces!

It could be set in a world where the Big 7 are missing, or a running gag that these Superfriends are the backup or reserve, who 'just happen' to be left behind together when the Big 7 are off fighting some insane over-the-top cosmic threat, and the alarm sounds and it's up to them to save the day! After like, three episodes of this, one of them will comment to the camera, 'It's a weird coincidence that it's always us seven who get left behind to deal with these threats, don't you think?' and then it will never be mentioned again.
    Works for me.
    Have a proposal on my desk come Tuesday morning!

Astonishing Member

JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time

I would continue this. Turn into a series; cartoons or movies.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'd probably do an original roster and take the cast in directions that DC has failed to do. NO rehashing ANY comic storylines.

Roster- Cyborg, Supergirl, Lightning , Donna Troy, Beast Boy, Terra.

Supporting cast- Bumblebee, Power Girl (Tanya) and Roundhouse

Villains- Ultra Humanite, Grail, Dr. Cyber, Cobalt Blue(heavily reimagined), government sponsored metahuman teams
    That's pretty much a version of the Teen Titans. Super Friends is supposed to be the Justice League, right?

So, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Cyborg, Vixen, Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz), Firestorm, and Hawkgirl. Note that this lineup has four women, the original only had one, Diana. The kid sidekick characters would be the Super Sons, Robin and Superboy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Interesting. I think I'd....
    Keep Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman.... Good friends who do find each other difficult at times. Never address it directlly but Subtextually, perhaps Clark and Diana were a thing at some point but no longer. Supe and Bats would be best friends who frequently annoy the hell out each other.

Also keep Arthur- Harpoon hand and beard but short haired

No Marvin or Wendy or Wonderdog

No Regular spot for Robin but a recurring spot for Nightwing

Cassndra Cain would be Batgirl and have Robin's spot
    Black Lightning or Static Shock as a regular

Maybe have Krypto around.

Guest star spots for reservist likk , Flash, Atom, Black Canary, John Stewart, Wildcat, Green Arrow, Doctor Fate

Out of the original line-up, only Robin could be dropped today, I think.

Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are necessary for prestige and pulling in viewers.
    Aquaman could've been dropped, but he's a bit popular again now thanks to the movie.
    Maybe replace Robin with Captain Mar, I mean Shazam.

Then just fill in the ranks with Global Guardians members.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.