Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Disney Planning a Live Action Tangled Remake?

Way too soon for both. Pick something that's older.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Too soon for both Tangled or Frozen imo. Only way I think either should be made so soon is if they tell the story from a different perspective or explore other aspects of the stories.

For example, I wouldn't mind if they explored the history of Arendale more in a Frozen prequel. I know they showed some aspects of the history in Frozen 2 but I think they have a lot of room to work with that storyline and make a good film that feels new instead of just a straight remake.

For Tangled I wouldn't want to see a remake instead I would like to see it start after the first film. For anyone who hasn't watched the animated series, they have pretty good storylines that I think would translate well to a live action film.

Tangled wasn't a smash hit, So it probably escape the too soon thing unlike Moana and Frozen. Releasing Tangled live action actually has a chance to hit a new audience were as people still have those 2 movies I mention in their heads.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    When it comes to Frozen, it isn't a question of IF, but WHEN. Anyone who thinks differently is either naive or delusional. With Disney pillaging their animation library to turn into live action films, giving Frozen that treatment is as inevitable as the sunrise. In fact, I'll go on record saying such a film will be out before the decade ends.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

A lean beef cake Human male climbing a tower with a female hair. I want to see how Disney can pull Rapunzel off after their clueless take of Lion King.

Astonishing Member

Can they get Mandy Moore for the lead?

Astonishing Member

Everything I read just said a live action "Rapunzel" movie, not live action "Tangled". So, maybe they'll be doing something different. Heck, maybe it'll be that Rapunzel Unbraided thing that eventually morphed into Tangled.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    A lean beef cake Human male climbing a tower with a female hair. I want to see how Disney can pull Rapunzel off after their clueless take of Lion King.
    You mean the clueless movie that made a billion dollars. I am sure they would love it to be that cluesless.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You mean the clueless movie that made a billion dollars. I am sure they would love it to be that cluesless.
    The bad thing about Disney's remakes is that most have been mediocre but because of the Disney brand and nostalgia these live action films are generating a lot of revenue still so Disney doesn't necessarily care about the quality of their films right now because even a bad one will still gross half a billion dollars.

This both seems too soon and unecessary given the animated version has still been present in the public consciousness thanks to the cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Can they get Mandy Moore for the lead?
    Yeah, I kind of have a hard time seeing anyone playing the leads other then Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi.

"We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Mighty Member

The Frog Prince is more likely to be a live remake.

They announced Aladdin 2 is happening and I'm excited for that. It will get to be a completely original story but with the cast(Which I loved except Jafar who they don't need to bring back.) I wish Lion King woulda told an oriental story rather then a remake. Not so excited for Tangled but Aladdin 2 I'm all in for. Create an Original Villian, and build upon the characters. They all had great chemistry imo...

If they have to do Tangled I say Margot Robbie and Henry Golding for the two main characters. I think Princess and the frog would make a better live action film. The villians looks cool and is more memorable imo. **** hes already kinda in Amercian Gods lol played by Mustafa... iono his name. The guy who played Bush Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They announced Aladdin 2 is happening and I'm excited for that. It will get to be a completely original story but with the cast(Which I loved except Jafar who they don't need to bring back.) I wish Lion King woulda told an oriental story rather then a remake. Not so excited for Tangled but Aladdin 2 I'm all in for. Create an Original Villian, and build upon the characters. They all had great chemistry imo...
    There were two Aladdin sequels they could potentially draw material from if they wanted too.
    If they have to do Tangled I say Margot Robbie and Henry Golding for the two main characters. I think Princess and the frog would make a better live action film. The villians looks cool and is more memorable imo. **** hes already kinda in Amercian Gods lol played by Mustafa... iono his name. The guy who played Bush Master.
    I think Margot Robbie is a little too old for Rapunzel. Although I guess they don't have to cast for her age in the original necessarily.

Golding...I could kind of see it, although it would probably have to be a bit of a different take compared to Zachary Levi.