Default Wonder Woman #750 Tops Comic Book Sales Chart!

Never thought I’d live to see the day. 😊

Although, most sites reporting it are also downplaying it. 🙁

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...les-down-2019/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Many always downplay Diana. Some might think it's just because of the multiple covers has to why also. However, if things work well Steve Orland is a great writer. I hope he stays long.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Many always downplay Diana. Some might think it's just because of the multiple covers has to why also. However, if things work well Steve Orland is a great writer. I hope he stays long.
    Sadly I feel the variant landslide has a lot to do with it.DC has been getting good returns on the anniversary books with tons of covers and it seems Diana wasn't an exception.

I'm glad to see her in the top of the charts, even if only for a moment, but using tried and true sales gimmicks to get there will lead to people discounting the accomplishment. :/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

According to the latest released sales data, WW #750 sold 167,377 copies. Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html

Truthfully, I don't care whether gimmicks were responsible for this milestone or not. Other comics also top the charts due to similar gimmicks. I'm just glad it happened. It remains a milestone because it's the first time in recorded history that WONDER WOMAN topped this chart.

The new decade started off with something that had never happened before in the history of comics: an issue of Wonder Woman outsold all other comics in the month. Wonder Woman #750 followed in the footsteps of DC's previous giant-sized 80th anniversary issues Action Comics #1000 and Detective Comics #1000 and led all other comics in the month in both unit and dollar sales.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...0/2020-01.html
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Truthfully, I don't care whether gimmicks were responsible for this milestone or not. Other comics also top the charts due to similar gimmicks. I'm just glad it happened. It remains a milestone because it's the first time in recorded history that WONDER WOMAN topped this chart.
    This! How or why doesn't matter it only matters that it did. The fact so many great artists wanted to contribute and participate was already nice for Wonder Woman. Now we know it paid off in a historical accomplishment, that's nothing but a good thing.