Page 408 of 420 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

So then why do the complaints tend to be all about the message existing?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Estimated loss to Disney from The Marvels by Dan Murrell Screenshot_20231206-052154_Trebuchet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Estimated loss to Disney from The Marvels by Dan Murrell Screenshot_20231206-052154_Trebuchet.jpg
    Ok...Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why, but hey! Whatever floats your boat...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    So then why do the complaints tend to be all about the message existing?
    Exactly. I'd be perfectly fine with discussing how the message is delivered, i.e. the writing, direction, etc. You know, things that are actually relevant. But that's NOT what happens. People call something as simple as casting/character choice a "message" if it's not a straight, white male.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Exactly. I'd be perfectly fine with discussing how the message is delivered, i.e. the writing, direction, etc. You know, things that are actually relevant. But that's NOT what happens. People call something as simple as casting/character choice a "message" if it's not a straight, white male.
    Or they just use the catch all "it's pandering" because they don't really know what they're complaining about and are parroting from someone else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Or they just use the catch all "it's pandering" because they don't really know what they're complaining about and are parroting from someone else.
    Its all lunacy. I mean the "message " of The Godfather was basically violence begets more violence. Every movie has a freaking message. Or almost everyone does. Not sure wtf people are even talking about.

Why are people even watching movies or tv shows if they dont want a " message".

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Its all lunacy. I mean the "message " of The Godfather was basically violence begets more violence. Every movie has a freaking message. Or almost everyone does. Not sure wtf people are even talking about.

Why are people even watching movies or tv shows if they dont want a " message".
    That is how the magic of storytelling work.

Good stories can let ppl get the message without feeling it was telling you, but through the story let you get it.

Too bad many movies don't even bother to do it.

Also it's important to know your target audience, not to send messages that insult them or use the way they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well deserved, I just came from an Imax showing and it was magnificent. I heard it won't be in theaters long so I would suggest seeing it sooner then later.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well deserved, I just came from an Imax showing and it was magnificent. I heard it won't be in theaters long so I would suggest seeing it sooner then later.
    Hoping I get the chance this weekend. This movie was made for the big screen. Two sick kiddos had to take priority. Avoiding spoilers is tough

Fantastic Member

Incredible film that demonstrates how must waste is in Hollywood where that cost 15 million dollars...and a movie like AIR cost 90.

Last edited by Gaastra; 12-06-2023 at 05:53 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Incredible film that demonstrates how must waste is in Hollywood where that cost 15 million dollars...and a movie like AIR cost 90.
    this narrative will have merits if ppl can show that Japan VFX houses treat their artists better than American VFX houses.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Also it's ok to have message but not at the cost of change/remove what target audience like to deliver them.

And better not to "X is good and everything else against it is bad."