Mighty Member

Default Band of Brothers

So, I'm recently really getting into WWII stuff(as an aside We Have Ways of Making You Talk is a great podcast) and so was checking out Band of Brothers. Beautiful opening theme and music. Very good show with great battle scenes. A lot of characters in Easy Company sometimes it's hard to keep track of who's who or gain sympathy if one gets killed in battle. Wow, David Schwimmer too. And a pre Professor X James MCAvoy I'm up to the 5th episode so hope Schwimmer appears more. All in all a very good show.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm recently really getting into WWII stuff(as an aside We Have Ways of Making You Talk is a great podcast) and so was checking out Band of Brothers. Beautiful opening theme and music. Very good show with great battle scenes. A lot of characters in Easy Company sometimes it's hard to keep track of who's who or gain sympathy if one gets killed in battle. Wow, David Schwimmer too. And a pre Professor X James MCAvoy I'm up to the 5th episode so hope Schwimmer appears more. All in all a very good show.
    It was a great show and Band of Brothers Pacific was also great.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It was a great show and Band of Brothers Pacific was also great.
    Yeah Damien Lewis as Richard Winters is a standout and has really good development. Neil Mcdoughnah as well. A couple scenes that stood out to me. The approach to Normandy before the paratrooper drop with chaos all around with enemy fire and the plane getting shot down with everyone inside. Private Blithe getting the courage to participate in a battle, picking up the eidelweisse flower and getting gunned down was gutting.

Magneto (Fassbender) also pops up. (as well as Bane/Venom and other random actors you'll recognize)

This is one of the best short series ever on HBO, or in TV Period.

Mighty Member

So, just finished a couple nights ago. Loved it and would love to check out the book. Donnie Whalburg was very good also and I'd argue he's a much better actor than his brother. Is the Pacific good? I'm going to read those books as well.

Robert Leckie wrote a LOT of books, I have one on my shelf called Delivered From Evil, which is a one volume history of the war, it's causes, and many of the principal leaders and their rises to power/prominence.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So, just finished a couple nights ago. Loved it and would love to check out the book. Donnie Whalburg was very good also and I'd argue he's a much better actor than his brother. Is the Pacific good? I'm going to read those books as well.
    Pacific is good, but not as good as BoB.