Page 109 of 420 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am also getting the train wreck vibe as we draw closer to the film release because it just feels as if the movie has so much going on and there will not be enough time to cover everything, not to mention I was reading an article on screenrant about how the movie could ruin Otto perfect arc in Spiderman 2. this was were the train wreck vibe began for me.

Additionally the buzz about the film is now 100% resting on when we will finally see Tobey and Garfield show up, Sadly this is not a deciding factor of if the movie will be good or if it will be a train wreck.

if we go by spiderman's box office history track record, usually when he has an official weak movie that was all sony (Spiderman 3 and ASM 2) Those movies box office opened big but had big box office drop off and with MCU coming to a very breaking point of their formula as seen with Eternals, Black Widow and Shang Chi already. the chances of this movie been as great as Spiderman 2 (2004) is slim. the only saving net of money, is that it is still an MCU film and not a Sony movie alone.

All you ever do is write that the MCU is terrible and refer back to old spider-man and x-men movies. Thats literally every post you write. Its the same crap over and over. What is your point with this over and over and over.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I get it that people coming in after the movie started are annoying but what's the point of being in the theater 45 minutes early?
    Where I live the theater recommended to go 1 hour early at least for peak hour showtimes during the Godzilla vs Kong days, since people went to watch that in droves and a lot do walk in to buy tickets but the staff had to enforce social distancing and capacity restriction guidelines. I saw people who ended up having to buy for the following day.

I expect to see the same thing with No Way Home, probably way into January.

I am also getting the train wreck vibe as we draw closer to the film release because it just feels as if the movie has so much going on and there will not be enough time to cover everything, not to mention I was reading an article on screenrant about how the movie could ruin Otto perfect arc in Spiderman 2. this was were the train wreck vibe began for me.

Additionally the buzz about the film is now 100% resting on when we will finally see Tobey and Garfield show up, Sadly this is not a deciding factor of if the movie will be good or if it will be a train wreck.

if we go by spiderman's box office history track record, usually when he has an official weak movie that was all sony (Spiderman 3 and ASM 2) Those movies box office opened big but had big box office drop off and with MCU coming to a very breaking point of their formula as seen with Eternals, Black Widow and Shang Chi already. the chances of this movie been as great as Spiderman 2 (2004) is slim. the only saving net of money, is that it is still an MCU film and not a Sony movie alone.
    I do get the feeling I could end up disappointed with it if I don't keep my expectations in check. Like how I loved Ghostbusters Afterlife but was hoping for more ghost scenes.

And because the superb Into the Spider-Verse already gave us a multiverse hopping story not that long ago.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    All you ever do is write that the MCU is terrible and refer back to old spider-man and x-men movies. Thats literally every post you write. Its the same crap over and over. What is your point with this over and over and over.
    eh, I did not do that. I gave what I feel is an honest take on where mcu currently is with their films as of 2021. If this movie does play out like Eternals, Black Widow or even Shang Chi then no, it wont be in the same film level as Spiderman 2. that does not mean it is terrible, it just means, it will not end up as a top tier Spiderman film.

I did also notice in the first trailer already how mediocre the CGI looks compared to that of Spiderman 2 CGI not to mention in each clip, they are showing us all these villains, (Otto. Electro, Goblin) but how much story depth will they have for a less than 2.5 hour film?

You have to realise Otto in Spiderman 2, did get one of the most original and unique character development of a villain in spiderman 2, that is what made that film so high in story quality. it makes sense that screenrant will write a piece worrying that these movie could ruin that.

The reason I am bringing the old Spiderman films is because the quality of Spiderman movies always went with the quantity. Amazing Spiderman 2 flopped at the box office because the movie was seen as mediocre. Spiderman 3 was the lowest grossing Spiderman movie in the USA, because many felt it was a big step down from Spiderman 2. In fact the difference between the box office of Spiderman 1 (2002) and Spiderman 3 (2007) is almost a 100 million dollars in the usa box office.

No Way Home has to produce the same amount of story quality to maybe even best the box office of the past Spiderman movies once we take into fact that COVID is still a big issue that is affecting box office.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-01-2021 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Where I live the theater recommended to go 1 hour early at least for peak hour showtimes during the Godzilla vs Kong days, since people went to watch that in droves and a lot do walk in to buy tickets but the staff had to enforce social distancing and capacity restriction guidelines. I saw people who ended up having to buy for the following day.

I expect to see the same thing with No Way Home, probably way into January.

I do get the feeling I could end up disappointed with it if I don't keep my expectations in check. Like how I loved Ghostbusters Afterlife but was hoping for more ghost scenes.

And because the superb Into the Spider-Verse already gave us a multiverse hopping story not that long ago.
    My prediction for No Way Home, is that people will decide how they really-truly feel about the movie in about 6 months. right now, it is safe to say that many and I mean a majority will be swept away just to see Tobey and Garfield again and them interacting with Holland, however once the novelty of that wears off, it will be much clearer to finally judge the movie properly. my final prediction of No way home? it will be another MCU formula movie. MCU has had 3 movies out this year already and they are all just still the same old stuff, I don't see how their 4th film of the year can now …out of no where break that chain.

However it is going to make more money than Spiderverse, even if the reaction is worse than Eternals or as dismissive as Black Widow. although these is where I have empathy for Spiderverse. it was a great movie that deserved the box office of disney-pixar animation but never got it because sony just does not have the means or tools to really push for big box office animated movies like disney-pixar can, however disney-pixar would never come up with the Spiderverse concept.
    Last edited by Castle; 12-01-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

My prediction for No Way Home, is that people will decide how they really-truly feel about the movie in about 6 months. right now, it is safe to say that many and I mean a majority will be swept away just to see Tobey and Garfield again and them interacting with Holland, however once the novelty of that wears off, it will be much clearer to finally judge the movie properly. my final prediction of No way home? it will be another MCU formula movie. MCU has had 3 movies out this year already and they are all just still the same old stuff, I don't see how their 4th film of the year can now …out of no where break that chain.

However it is going to make more money than Spiderverse, even if the reaction is worse than Eternals or as dismissive as Black Widow. although these is where I have empathy for Spiderverse. it was a great movie that deserved the box office of disney-pixar animation but never got it because sony just does not have the means or tools to really push for big box office animated movies like disney-pixar can, however disney-pixar would never come up with the Spiderverse concept.

Here is my prediction. You won't like it. And compare it spider man 2 or whatever you always do.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    And he will criticize anyone for hating the Fox X-Men universe or the Sony Spider-Man movies. People that do according to him don't know quality of films.

Extraordinary Member

Study 49% Of Moviegoers Haven’t Returned To Theaters Over Cost & Safety

Well, i am a big mcu fan and really like holland's portrayal of Spidey and Peter Parker but i do think this movie has the potential to be an overstuffed mess/trainwreck. I, for one, do not want to be reminded about the Garfield Spider-man. How about a movie where Holland is front and center and doesn't need to be propped up by Tony Stark or by the previous spidey movies? But i get it, Sony looked at how successful into the Spider-verse was and figured it was a no-brainer to recreate it in live-action.

But certainly i could be an outlier. Really liked Homecoming but have never fully rewatched Far From Home except for the big "Mysterio takes down Spidey via illusions" battle, which i'll concede is just great! But i guess i would say that i really don't have much faith in Sony, left to their own devices i feel like they will sabotage Spider-man franchises over and over.

Spidey now tracking $200m.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-ra...ease-outlooks/

Good

Multiple theater chains and ticketing portals crashed overnight Sunday and early Monday morning when tickets for the hotly anticipated Spider-Man: No Way Home went on sale, sparking an overwhelming amount of online traffic not seen since before the pandemic. Across the board, the trilogy-capper generated early demand vastly ahead of every pandemic era release and on par with pre-pandemic mega-blockbusters in the Avengers and Star Wars franchises.

Social media footprints likewise blew away any comparison to films released in the last two years with Twitter traction specifically driving more conversation than any tracked title outside of Avengers: Endgame and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

As a result, we are currently forecasting No Way Home to not only become the first $100 million weekend opener of the COVID-19 era, but likely the first $200 million-plus debut since May 2019’s Endgame. (Forecasts will continue to be updated as necessary over the next two weeks.)
    Bad

While virtually all signs continue to point due north for Spider-Man: No Way Home, every metric and forecast remains underscored by potential volatility and shifting consumer habits. Pre-sales for films like No Time to Die and Dune recently showed momentum upfront doesn’t always carry over into the final weeks and days before release, a lesson that could easily apply to such a fan-heavy franchise event like this Marvel Cinematic Universe title.

That said, pre-sale and social traction have remain strong in the days since tickets went on sale. Still, with an early 3pm start time on Thursday, it’s worth noting that trajectory comparisons to past mega-openers (which mostly began at 6pm or later) may prove somewhat skewed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spidey now tracking $200m.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-ra...ease-outlooks/

Good

Bad
    200 million? Holy crap.

Spidey the second highest grossing pre ticket sales in amc history!

On the other side slow box office this week.

Ghostbusters passing $100m by sunday.

Fathem events has two films that looks like will do well. Yes ones a anime.

Getting a big shout for the weekend is Fathom Releasing’s faith-based Christmas With the Chosen in 1,642 theaters and 194 markets which rivals are raising their eyebrows at. The movie, comprised of new and classic Christmas songs from the set of The Chosen opened Wednesday and is expected to gross $8.5M in five days, $3.5M of that Friday-Sunday. The South and the Midwest were big with top markets being Dallas, Houston, Detroit, Phoenix, Minnesota, Denver, Cleveland, Orlando, Sacramento, and St. Louis.

Funimation has Sword Art Online Progressive in 840 locations in 179 markets. The Ayako Kawano-directed movie had OK numbers in LA, NYC, San Francisco and Seattle. The movie is estimated to make $1.25M for the weekend.
    https://deadline.com/2021/12/weekend...me-1234884813/

The Chosen is a big Evangelical thing. So Churches tell all their people to go see it and organize trips to the theater. It's heavy religious marketing. It's one of the reasons Gibson's Passion of Christ made so much $.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I get it that people coming in after the movie started are annoying but what's the point of being in the theater 45 minutes early?
    Depends on the theater and movie in question.

I have one movie theater near me. In fact it's the only theater in a 50 mile radius.

If I did NOT go to noon movie showings-I would NOT have gotten to see Into Spiderverse or Black Panther just walking up with 10 minutes before showtime. They stayed sold out.
    Even Fox's Fantastic Four was like that.

Most do that to make sure they have a seat even if they pre-ordered.

Ghostbusters passes $100m.

Encanto comes in first again in this slow week.

Sword art online movie (what number is it up to at this point again?) makes $105m.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Ghostbusters passes $100m.

Encanto comes in first again in this slow week.

Sword art online movie (what number is it up to at this point again?) makes $105m.
    I think you meant $1.05m.

Sword Art Online Progressive I believe is a re-telling of the first part of SAO but from Asuna's (Kirito's wife) perspective.

As much as people seem to hate SAO, it's a pretty huge franchise.