Page 400 of 420 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The Napoleon film is 200 million dollars plus marketing and it will not make a profit or break even.

It's another killers of the flower moon plus it's cinemascore is worst and even worst then the marvels.
    It has a B- cinemascore.
    https://www.cinemascore.com/
    Apple doesn't release a ton of stuff so they put all their money into these projects...If they make 100 million back from Napoleon I'm sure they are thrilled

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Why is it a surprise?
    1. Ppl are getting bored of superheroes.
    2. This one wasn't really awesome on quality. No cool fight/popular characters, no romance so it's tough to attract both genders. The first one made 1b due to Avengers 3.
    Still the total Box Office for "The Marvel" not even coming close the opening Box Office of "Captain Marvel" is kind of shocking.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Still the total Box Office for "The Marvel" not even coming close the opening Box Office of "Captain Marvel" is kind of shocking.
    The question is: Is the Marvel/Superhero fatique so strong that viewership drop all at once (feels like it with the Marvels), than the next Marvel movie should also tank hard.

Or is it because The Marvels had a very confusing trailer, was only interesting to viewer who watched Ms Marvel and Wandavision, too? And had bad word of the mouth?

I hope the later.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The question is: Is the Marvel/Superhero fatique so strong that viewership drop all at once (feels like it with the Marvels), than the next Marvel movie should also tank hard.
    The next is Deadpool 3, i don't think that one will really be affected the first two were not part of the MCU.

And the next after that doesn't come out till 2025. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Falcon Cap also tanks, the D+ series wasn't that great.

Astonishing Member

The next is Deadpool 3, i don't think that one will really be affected the first two were not part of the MCU.

And the next after that doesn't come out till 2025. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Falcon Cap also tanks, the D+ series wasn't that great.
    If Deadpool 3 tanks that is a very bad sign. If that movie cannot even draw 600 million worldwide superheroes are in a lot of trouble.

The first one got that much due to Avengers 3.

We made it to 400 pages for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The Napoleon film is 200 million dollars plus marketing and it will not make a profit or break even.

It's another killers of the flower moon plus it's cinemascore is worst and even worst then the marvels.
    It has a B- cinemascore.
    https://www.cinemascore.com/
    The movie is made for Apple TV+. It's in Theaters to get a little money, some Oscar buzz and that's it. It's more about drawing big name talent (Directors, actors etc.) to Apple TV+ so they can do their passion projects and give Apple some big name buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

Or is it because The Marvels had a very confusing trailer, was only interesting to viewer who watched Ms Marvel and Wandavision, too? And had bad word of the mouth?

I hope the later.
    Superhero fatigue isn’t an all or nothing situation. There are still going to be movies in the superhero genre that make a ton of money. I’m sure Deadpool 3 is gonna have a huge box office. The fatigue just means that movie goers are tired of standard superhero movies and it needs to be something special to bring in the crowds.

Astonishing Member

I was just looking at the numbers site. They have an area where the tickets sold for the year are listed. This is domestic only. This year 772 million tickets were sold. Pre pandemic they were selling 1.2 and 1.3 billion a year. That is a massive drop-off. Thats like 500 million tickets difference. Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I was just looking at the numbers site. They have an area where the tickets sold for the year are listed. This is domestic only. This year 772 million tickets were sold. Pre pandemic they were selling 1.2 and 1.3 billion a year. That is a massive drop-off. Thats like 500 million tickets difference. Holy crap.
    Like many things, movies are now an inflation trap. It cost too much to go with there is a proliferation of streaming options that you have already paid for that these same movies will be on soon enough. Thor 4 was ok, Ant-Man was ok-ish, I'm not taking a bet on The Marvels when I can see it on D+ in a few weeks. Its not like any of these movies or shows tie into any large narrative anymore so we can just watch them whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    We made it to 400 pages for this thread.
    I wonder how long it would be if we ignored posts where people were repeating things they've already said. 10 pages, maybe?
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Superhero fatigue isn’t an all or nothing situation. There are still going to be movies in the superhero genre that make a ton of money. I’m sure Deadpool 3 is gonna have a huge box office. The fatigue just means that movie goers are tired of standard superhero movies and it needs to be something special to bring in the crowds.
    If the rumor I heard about Deadpool 3 being currently meant to be one of the most important movies of the current Phase and setting up Avengers Secret Wars is true, I might start wondering about even DP3 being foolproof. It sounds infuriatingly against what made the first DP movies special, being stand-alone and only jokingly referencing the main franchise X-Men installments it outgrossed at the box office.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    If the rumor I heard about Deadpool 3 being currently meant to be one of the most important movies of the current Phase and setting up Avengers Secret Wars is true, I might start wondering about even DP3 being foolproof. It sounds infuriatingly against what made the first DP movies special, being stand-alone and only jokingly referencing the main franchise X-Men installments it outgrossed at the box office.
    I haven't really followed the news about that movies, and I'm not sure if it will be a success.
    But I just think that if it was big success that it would still not really say much about the state of the overall MCU, since Deadpool was allready hit without any MCU connection, and Hugh Jackmans Wolverine is also potentally a draw.

I think Captain America: Brave New World and Fantastic Four are the better indicators.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I wonder how long it would be if we ignored posts where people were repeating things they've already said. 10 pages, maybe?
    I looked into a alternate universe for some reason its longer 500 pages but for some reason its about how everything but super hero movies are dieing.