Page 345 of 420 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Opper overperformed to nuke $80m. Highest opening for a nolen film!
    Uh...

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3729098241/

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3745875457/
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 07-23-2023 at 10:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    That’s nice, I said ‘most people’ (as in ‘normal people’ who don’t have YouTube channels) I’ve mentioned before that I live in red state, I haven’t heard or seem anyone complaining about Barbie or calling it woke. The local movie critic said it funny and cute.
    The only way I see 'normal' people calling this woke is if they changed the race of the main Barbie and Ken. Or if they changed the sexual orientation of the main B & K. Some people just want to make it 'woke' for no reason to fight imaginary battles.

Astonishing Member

I just had to comment on this as well. Elemental is about to pass fast x in the domestic box office. It opened 38 million dollars lower on its weekend than Fast X. That is crazy man.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Barbie is so ubiquitous even the political websites I follow are covering it.

Maybe part of what fuels the right-wingers about it is that President Barbie (who is black) reminds them of the right boogeyman about how a twist of fate could give us President Kamala Harris.

I liked the following article even if I wish it had been made after/including the full box office weekend report, to increase the impact:

https://www.mediamatters.org/charlie...g-culture-wars

Box office mojo's Numbers for Elemental film.

Grosses
    DOMESTIC (38.5%)
    $137,233,827

INTERNATIONAL (61.5%)
    $219,400,000

WORLDWIDE
    $356,633,827

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1811383041/

If Elemental still earns an average of $1 million per day for the next 10 days, it will be $10 million. If the Elemental will earn $400,00 per day for the next month (30 days) since it will lose more theaters next week, the expected gross will be $12,000,000

Current domestic box office: $137 million
    $1 million x 10 days = $10 million
    Total: $147 million domestic box office
    $400,000 x 30 days: $12, million
    Total: $159 million domestic box office

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Box office mojo's Numbers for Elemental film.

Grosses
    DOMESTIC (38.5%)
    $137,233,827

INTERNATIONAL (61.5%)
    $219,400,000

WORLDWIDE
    $356,633,827

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1811383041/

If Elemental still earns an average of $1 million per day for the next 10 days, it will be $10 million. If the Elemental will earn $400,00 per day for the next month (30 days) since it will lose more theaters next week, the expected gross will be $12,000,000

Current domestic box office: $137 million
    $1 million x 10 days = $10 million
    Total: $147 million domestic box office
    $400,000 x 30 days: $12, million
    Total: $159 million domestic box office
    Set whatever it makes against a cost of $300 million total including marketing. And of course, for a very rough estimate, you can just take one half of whatever the total box office world wide is for the studio's actual take. And again I remind that nobody makes a movie costing that much expecting a modest net income from it. They expect a big hit.

Not a terribly surprising movie result, but more surprising is how very badly Indy and Flash did. I was expecting them to do poorly, but nothing like that. Flash is going to need that income from Barbie to offset the losses it makes. Or rather WB will need that income. I also wonder/hope if this will persuade WB to drop Robbie from future Harley roles and focus her on Barbie stuff plus anything they think is "similar". Do they in fact think like that? Remembering this is the studio that had execs push out Whedon's League before it was ready so they could get their bonuses.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Set whatever it makes against a cost of $300 million total including marketing. And of course, for a very rough estimate, you can just take one half of whatever the total box office world wide is for the studio's actual take. And again I remind that nobody makes a movie costing that much expecting a modest net income from it. They expect a big hit.

Not a terribly surprising movie result, but more surprising is how very badly Indy and Flash did. I was expecting them to do poorly, but nothing like that. Flash is going to need that income from Barbie to offset the losses it makes. Or rather WB will need that income. I also wonder/hope if this will persuade WB to drop Robbie from future Harley roles and focus her on Barbie stuff plus anything they think is "similar". Do they in fact think like that? Remembering this is the studio that had execs push out Whedon's League before it was ready so they could get their bonuses.
    Yeah, let's continue to be bearish against Elemental despite the fact its box office trajectory demolishes the (IP and out of pandemic same day release strategies) movie Lightyear, and other original animated productions in recent years. Let Disney ignore all of that according to you, at their own peril, especially if Disney's Haunted Mansion (which is also based on a Disney property) doesn't match those numbers at all, beginning in a few days. We'll see.

And yeah let's give lip service to Barbie only after that movie's huge box office opening weekend fact, despite the fact Robbie's previous IP blockbusters roles (which crashed by Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad and depended on a lot of superhero connectivity and cameos to maximize box office) were from the same studio that released a Barbie movie for the first time with her in it.

It's like we should have faith in second chances, is what I get from you
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-24-2023 at 02:53 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Yeah, let's continue to be bearish against Elemental despite the fact its box office trajectory demolishes the (IP and out of pandemic same day release strategies) movie Lightyear, and other original animated productions in recent years. Let Disney ignore all of that according to you, at their own peril, especially if Disney's Haunted Mansion (which is also based on a Disney property) doesn't match those numbers at all, beginning in a few days. We'll see.

And yeah let's give lip service to Barbie only after that movie's huge box office opening weekend fact, despite the fact Robbie's previous IP blockbusters roles (which crashed by Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad and depended on a lot of superhero connectivity and cameos to maximize box office) were from the same studio that released a Barbie movie for the first time with her in it.

It's like we should have faith in second chances, is what I get from you
    You should try decaf...

Have Disney stock, do you? Or WB stock? Because you seem very upset that Elemental isn't a huge success. Though I have no idea what you're on about with Barbie. Robbie succeeded with that, so what's you're problem? Do you hate Barbie?

Believing that a studio could dictate Margot Robbie what roles to play is so 1940s...

It was Margot as a producer who pitched the Barbie movie to Warner, so I think she can pick her roles very well herself.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You should try decaf...

Have Disney stock, do you? Or WB stock?
    What exactly are you accusing me of being here? Because I praised Elemental and Barbie's performances.

Because you seem very upset that Elemental isn't a huge success.
    I already posted my thoughs on that and won't repeat myself. And I'm not the only one in this thread or elsewhere who was reported expectations could be for Elemental to do more than twice its budget in theaters despite recent history for original animated movies. I won't retract anything, not when Barbie made more toy debut money than a Transformers movie and Oppenheimer did more biopic debut movie than Bohemian Rhapsody? I'm just optimistic yet based on actual numbers.

Mermaid and red door are head to vod tonight. Little early for red door isn't it?

Barbie doing great in china.

In #China’s #BoxOffice, positive WOM keeps helping #Barbie in her own comeback story, grossing 2.9M on MON over 31k screenings (+4k), just -29.3% from SUN, and more than FRI or SAT grosses,for a 11M cume in 4 days $810k pre-sales for TUE, increased to 34k total screenings.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...keeps_helping/

Barbie did better on Monday than Saturday!

Transformers drops to paramount plus tomorrow already.

Barbie expected to make it to $200m domestic Wednesday after less than a week! Expected to hit $300m next week!

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c..._domestic_box/

Barbie broke turkey record of all time opening admissions.

Barbie weekend box office is official--$162m opening!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Believing that a studio could dictate Margot Robbie what roles to play is so 1940s...

It was Margot as a producer who pitched the Barbie movie to Warner, so I think she can pick her roles very well herself.

The Barbie film was in development for years and made its way around Hollywood. The writer of Juno tried to write a pitch for it a few years back and couldn't wrap her head around it. Sony was attached at one point and Anne Hathaway and Amy Schumer was at one point gonna star in it.

Its Mattel who took the rights back from Sony in 2018 and worked a deal with Warner Bros. to transfer the rights to them. Robbie entered a deal to star in the role with Patty Jenkins mentioned as director early. She got the role in 2019.

So no...Robbie never pitched this movie to WB. They had gotten the rights and they approached Robbie then after getting it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So no...Robbie never pitched this movie to WB.
    Except, she did: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/m...rs-1235674343/

You are welcome.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Sorry ...not the reality of it....Robbie came on as producer...AFTER she signed.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/anne-ha...20-1202267729/

This is very early, but we’re hearing that Barbie, after going around in circles in development at Sony, is heading over to Warner Bros with Margot Robbie potentially headlining. Robbie is not signed as of yet. There was a rumor that Patty Jenkins was circling, but we just learned that is no longer true.

After being in development at Sony for quite some time — the latest iteration being with director Alethea Jones and a revised script from Olivia Milch — Barbie‘s option expired. Anne Hathaway departed from the project earlier in the year after a version starring Amy Schumer, penned by her sister Kim Caramele, didn’t come together due to Shumer’s schedule.

Barbie is a serious $3 billion brand that helped build Mattel, which just announced Robbie Brenner as the head of its film division. They are protective of Barbie and have always wanted the best live-action version on screen. None of the producers previously with Barbie at Sony are attached, i.e., Amy Pascal, Laurie Macdonald and Walter Parkes.

Mattel wanted Robbie and pushed for her to be cast and made her a producer on it.

She told WB in the meeting during casting about her pitch for it as well. But Mattel went to WB 1st with rights. Robbie came after being cast due to Mattel pushing for it....so no. She didn't make WB pick up the film. They already had in 2018. She got cast in 2019.

(I like Robbie and she did a great job. But its clear WB was gonna make the film and they went with Mattel's pushing and her ideas as well during meeting to cast her)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

This weekend was the 4th biggest weekend in hollywood weekend.

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/c...imer-101357323

Uh...
    Biggest "non batman". Sorry missed that part of deadlines comment.