Page 191 of 420 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Our theatre is getting one piece red! This will be the first one piece film our amc gets and crazy thing is it's getting big D showings! Our amc only puts what they think are the big films in the big D!

So how well will this do opening weekend? Also, will it be front loaded or will anime fans--Gasp, Go watch it a second time?

Edit--One piece movie has building size ads at new york city time square!

https://hypebeast.com/2022/10/one-pi...-campaign-info

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-05-2022 at 07:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Black Adam being expected to debut like a Venom movie is awesome. Black Adam as a comic book character is nowhere near as popular as Venom but The Rock owning the project and thumbing it up all the way through, especially during the current blockbuster vacuum, would make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Black Adam being expected to debut like a Venom movie is awesome. Black Adam as a comic book character is nowhere near as popular as Venom but The Rock owning the project and thumbing it up all the way through, especially during the current blockbuster vacuum, would make up the difference.
    As long as it's not close to as bad a movie that either Venom movie was, I will be happy.

One piece american forecast for opening weekend--

Note pre sales just started so this could change in the next few days.

OW: $8,000,000 – $16,000,000

DOM: $14,000,000 – $32,000,000
    https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-ra...iece-film-red/

PROS:

One Piece Film Red currently represents the lone wide release of the November 4 weekend, and the franchise’s global fan base has already sent the film to $120.2 million internationally (mostly from Japan at $112.3 million).

Anime has become an increasingly strong draw in the domestic market as fans have rallied via grassroots marketing campaigns to drive the box office success of films such as Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, Jujutsu Kaisen 0: The Movie, and Demon Slayer the Movie during the pandemic era.

Preliminary tracking for One Piece is comparable to three of them in varying respects depending on which model is given precedence, though as always, forecasts are highly volatile for the evolving genre and its domestic market pull.

The film will have wide release play and a premium footprint in IMAX and other formats.

CONS:

It remains to be seen whether or not this One Piece release is quite as strong of a theatrical draw domestically as the aforementioned IPs, though this growing sector of theatrical releases has a history of over-performing expectations more often than not. Overall social and trailer metrics are not quite at the level of Demon Train or Jujutsu yet, but some models suggest that could change.

Pre-sales have only just begun as of the writing of this report, so they won’t be included in the universe of tracking samples until at least next week.

Neat little note spider-verse 2 was going to be released today before they delayed it. Sigh.

Smile looks to beat the Paddington movie rip-off this weekend.

Sony’s “Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile” had hopes to challenge for the top slot at the box office this weekend, though it seems that the family comedy won’t be able to outpace the second weekend of Paramount’s smash horror film “Smile.” Meanwhile, 20th Century Studios’ “Amsterdam” is bombing in its debut, aiming to finish in third.

“Lyle, Lyle” landed a $3.47 million opening day, screening in 4,350 locations. While that’s not exactly the most impressive opening day on paper, the majority of ticket sales for the musical will come with family audiences attending screenings on Saturday, Sunday and the Monday holiday of Indigenous Peoples’ Day, which will keep a good fraction of kids out of school.
    On the other side--

Meanwhile, the weekend’s other new wide release “Amsterdam,” from director David O. Russell, isn’t generating the bustle that its sizzling line-up of A-list talent would suggest. The 20th Century Studios release is outright dead on arrival, earning $2.6 million on Friday from 3,005 theaters. Estimates for the weekend are now at $7 million, but projections were floating around $10 million heading into the weekend and were as high as $20 million last month.

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-of...nd-1235396774/

Astonishing Member

Smile is holding like a common Jordan Peele cultural phenomenon.

Pity about Amsterdam, I might still catch it because the cast is too good to pass on, but at over 2 hours I hope I don't feel the same as most critics, I was hoping for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood quality.

Smile wins again with $17.6m.
    Lyle the not cg bear makes $11.5m. Note this is a holiday weekend so mondays will count for the box office. It's expecting $13m. This is under what they were expecting.

Amsterdam is a bomb with $6.5m.

Luck numbers was not released but it didn't make the top 5! Maybe you should put ads out for your kids movie next time.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/box-off...ie-1235138175/

One piece in times square! The crowd cheering and clapping for an anime film in new york was a surprise.

Last edited by Gaastra; 10-09-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

Smile is doing so well it will cross $100 million worldwide in around just 2 weeks. I'd be surprised if folks at Paramount weren't already pitching sequel ideas. It would be their Plan C to the success of the A Quiet Place franchise. It's Plan C because they already had the Plan B with the Scream franchise revival. And that's just horror, Paramount really has one hell of a year now, from Top Gun Maverick on down. Makes me have hope for Dungeons and Dragons next year.

Smile crossed $100m ww already.

Halloween ends expecting $50m opening. Embargo lifting hours before its released however is not a good sign!

One piece red passes $100m ww.

https://deadline.com/2022/10/box-off...ng-1235141320/

https://deadline.com/2022/10/smile-c...ce-1235142552/

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/one...apan-theaters/

Amsterdam is set to lose around $100 million.

Halloween kills heading for $43m opening. While that's great it's also under what they expected, and they said it's due to two things and one the studio did themselves!

Bad word of mouth and same day on peacock.

Why studios keep sabotaging their own box office with same day instead of just waiting a month is beyond me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Halloween kills heading for $43m opening. While that's great it's also under what they expected, and they said it's due to two things and one the studio did themselves!

Bad word of mouth and same day on peacock.

Why studios keep sabotaging their own box office with same day instead of just waiting a month is beyond me.
    Didn't the movie cost between $20 and $30 mil?

I think they'll be fairly happy with that opening.

With the day and date thing, I suspect that was locked-in a while back.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

This one was hurt by the same day release to sell a streaming service. Which isn't working like these places expect.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Freaky director calls out hollywood over same date releases.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...235242154/amp/

https://www.cbr.com/avatar-all-time-...ers-3-billion/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-16-2022 at 07:00 AM.