Page 106 of 420 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Ultimate Member

I don't think it looked bad. Nor does every movie need to be an epic battle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I don't think it looked bad. Nor does every movie need to be an epic battle.
    As one of like just 2 people here who seemed to have watched it due to the whole bombing thing, I liked it, and from the marketing I wasn't expecting another epic journey like Gladiator.

But it's understandable nowadays if people decided to stay at home just having an inkling of the trial subject matter, even if not knowing that due to the narrative structure the movie actually makes you watch the assault scene twice.

Astonishing Member

I don't know. Look it could have been a great movie and may of been. But no one is going to the movie theater to these movies now. I just glanced at the top 20 this year and I don't think there is one non fiction story there. Its just not happening. These things are good for amazon, or Netflix or Hulu or something. Thats just the way it is. Maybe the Gucci story will do ok. But people are not paying to see real life movies( for the most part) thats just a fact. Whether its 600 years ago or 60 years ago.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its hard to sell a 600+ year old possible assault on a woman story work. Had this been a big battle epic ...it would have maybe done better.
    Eh, it had nothing to do with the subject matter...Damon and Afleck just looked ridiculous in the trailers to me. Don't get me wrong, they're both great actors and have excellent chemistry together...but they look like stereotypical Hollywood actors so it took me out of the period just seeing them.

On top of that, other than the Martian Scott hasn't made a good film since 2006 so I'm lukewarm to just about anything with his name on it.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 11-22-2021 at 08:22 PM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Thing is also in the age of steaming and flat screen TVs, unless a movie has a lot of visual spectacle there isn't much of difference between watching it at home and in the theatre.

And at home is just way cheaper and more convenient (and saver now with the pandemic).

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    On top of that, other than the Martian Scott hasn't made a good film since 2006 so I'm lukewarm to just about anything with his name on it.
    I am hearing good things about House of Gucci.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/no-time-di...153617478.html

MGM has denied No Time to Die will loose millions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Ridley Scott Pins ‘The Last Duel’ Bombing on Apathetic Millennials

Good lord. Just blame the pandemic if you don't want to be introspective.
    I think Sir Ridley is just generally pissed.

But I can understand the pain and frustration.

Spending so much time and the millions of the studios money on a project that so few people end up seeing is extremely painful.

However, blaming it on "millenials" kind of misses the point completely.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-24-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Thing is also in the age of steaming and flat screen TVs, unless a movie has a lot of visual spectacle there isn't much of difference between watching it at home and in the theatre.

And at home is just way cheaper and more convenient (and saver now with the pandemic).
    That's another point. With the cost of everything and now the pandemic, I need a good reason to pay extra to go see something that takes advantage of the big screen. It's not a knock on Last Duel or other movies, but I'd get the same experience watching in on the tv and everything I've already paid for

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am hearing good things about House of Gucci.
    It looks crazy. I honestly was ambivalent to it until I saw the trailer and heard Gaga's and Driver's questionable accents among everything.

Astonishing Member

I enjoy movies based on historical events. But I aint going to the movies for one. Unless its been proclaimed amazing. And even then. I have seen war movies my whole life I honestly don't need to go see another war movie in a theater. There are tons of historical dramas streaming. Thats enough for me. I understand the directors frustration but times are changing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    https://ca.yahoo.com/news/no-time-di...153617478.html

MGM has denied No Time to Die will loose millions.
    I think MGM is earning a lot of money on the PVOD situation as the article points out its a top ranked movie there. And should stay that way til Christmas for MGM. I can see why MGM did this move after 31 days because well...they really can't seem to "math" their way out of the movie losing money at theaters due to pandemic as Variety pointed out a few weeks earlier.

PVOD likely will help MGM with it there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Encanto expected to make $35 to $40m and $70m ww.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/encanto...ew-1234879647/

Ghostbusters up to $48m.

Spider-man nwh still expected to make $175m!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-24-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think MGM is earning a lot of money on the PVOD situation as the article points out its a top ranked movie there. And should stay that way til Christmas for MGM. I can see why MGM did this move after 31 days because well...they really can't seem to "math" their way out of the movie losing money at theaters due to pandemic as Variety pointed out a few weeks earlier.
    No Time to Die made more than 700 Million at the box office, so Steaming, Home Video ... should be able to bring it past the break even point.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    No Time to Die made more than 700 Million at the box office, so Steaming, Home Video ... should be able to bring it past the break even point.
    I think a lot of us have said this before. Just because a film does hundreds of millions outside the domestic market theater wise , it doesn't mean they get all that money.

It determines what the split is for international market and MGM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Trolls 3 confirmed. Theatres only. Did anyone even like the last movie?

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/t...rs-1235117412/