Page 108 of 420 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Spider-man tickets last night crashed the sites for over a hour in america and uk! They said this is endgame and star wars type crash for tickets!

Some tickets are on ebay for twice as high!

No-one else just rock up at the cinema and buy tickets then?

Wow, that's quite impressive. Everything about the new Spidey movie screams train wreck to me but obviously people are very excited to see it. Hopefully i'm wrong and the movie's great. But yeah, heading for (maybe) best opening weekend of the year?

Lol. John failing to get tickets. This was a endgame and star wars type ticket crash.

I was asleep so missed all the fun. Lol.

Retired

I have pre-ordered tickets in the past, but until the pandemic is over I will never do that now. The last time I went to the theatre, one had to have their vaccine card. I don't have a smart phone, so I took my ipad with me and two printed out copies of the vaccine card. I was so nervous--one card wouldn't scan but the other did and I had my ipad ready just in case that one failed. It's just too unpredictable. I'm not going to take the risk of ordering online and showing up at the door only to be turned away because they can't scan my card.

No way home 30M-32M in 24 hours of presales it's getting reported.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No-one else just rock up at the cinema and buy tickets then?
    I don't know about where you are but in my neck of the woods even before covid limited seating in theaters just showing up right before the movie started was usually a recipe for disaster as assigned seating ticketing was the name of the game. I never had to buy weeks in advance mind you, but anything less than an hour before show time and unless you were going solo seating was going to be hard to get.

The days where you just walked up to the counter and said, "two for movie x please!" are long gone, that frustrated me when it first started like ten years back but it's second nature at this point to just buy ahead.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    No way home 30M-32M in 24 hours of presales it's getting reported.

I wonder what the record is for pre sales on a movie. I mean 30 million in 24 hrs. The movie opens in two and a half more weeks. It could have over 100 million in pre sales.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't know about where you are but in my neck of the woods even before covid limited seating in theaters just showing up right before the movie started was usually a recipe for disaster as assigned seating ticketing was the name of the game. I never had to buy weeks in advance mind you, but anything less than an hour before show time and unless you were going solo seating was going to be hard to get.

The days where you just walked up to the counter and said, "two for movie x please!" are long gone, that frustrated me when it first started like ten years back but it's second nature at this point to just buy ahead.
    I have always been one to show up very early for a showing. At least half an hour before, often an hour before.

This compulsive nature was not shared by some of my friends. When we arranged to meet at the theatre, I'd be going frantic as the movie is about to start and they haven't arrived yet. Got into a few arguments over that.

It also bugs me when I'm sitting watching the movie and late arrivals come in. The movie has started and now I've got these people walking in front of the screen and barging past me to get to a seat.

Spider-man pre sales has passed avengers iw, rise of skywalker and last jedi!

In canada it's now the best selling pre ticket sales in canada history!

Biggest fandango pre tickets since endgame!

https://deadline.com/2021/11/spider-...go-1234882026/

hile some in the industry are still trying to blame a lackluster box office on the pandemic, think again: Sony’s Spider-Man: No Way Home in its first day of pre-sales yesterday on Fandango saw its best day since 2019’s Avengers: Endgame.

The presales for Spider-Man: No Way Home, which opens on Dec. 17, outstripped the first day advance ticket sales of Black Widow in two hours time, that Disney/Marvel movie previously owning the online ticket retailer’s best record of 2021.

The first day presales for Spider-Man: No Way Home are higher than those for pre-pandemic titles such as Avengers: Infinity War, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.

Our amc has no assigned seating. Never has. In fact most people just show up and buy tickets right there other then some big movies! Strange as we live in a pretty nice size city and odd only one theatre. So everyone in town has to go to the same theatre.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-30-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

I've only preordered limited showings of anime movies before, fans seize those fast.

But due to the Spider-Man news I'll probably walk in tomorrow and see if cold hard cash still gets the job done. Maybe catch Encanto while I'm there, Ghostbusters, Resident Evil and House of Gucci took up my weekend.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Spider-man pre sales has passed avengers iw, rise of skywalker and last jedi!

In canada it's now the best selling pre ticket sales in canada history!

Biggest fandango pre tickets since endgame!

https://deadline.com/2021/11/spider-...go-1234882026/

Our amc has no assigned seating. Never has. In fact most people just show up and buy tickets right there other then some big movies! Strange as we live in a pretty nice size city and odd only one theatre. So everyone in town has to go to the same theatre.
    Like I said, I think it depends where you live...AMC definitely has assigned seating here in the North East, in fact the AMC in Boston was the first theater I ever went to that did and that twenty years ago.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have always been one to show up very early for a showing. At least half an hour before, often an hour before.

This compulsive nature was not shared by some of my friends. When we arranged to meet at the theatre, I'd be going frantic as the movie is about to start and they haven't arrived yet. Got into a few arguments over that.

It also bugs me when I'm sitting watching the movie and late arrivals come in. The movie has started and now I've got these people walking in front of the screen and barging past me to get to a seat.
    This. We would be good movie Buddys.

1) I always order the tickets, because my friends arent able to buy the best places. A friend of mine bought first row seats on the far left for Lord of the Rings...It was horrible to watch. I told her if there aren't tickets available for the best places then better not order any. But she did...I couldn't even see Jackie Chan moving in the trailer of Rush Hour 3, because everything was blurry.

2) I am there 45 minutes before the movie starts, and I sit in my chair before the trailer or even the ads are starting. I mean I am inside before the curtain moves. People coming late always happened, but I have the feeling it gets worse. Complete groups of people come late. Paying so much money for a movie and don't get the whole experience. WTF?

3) People running around in the cinema, going to the toilette (ok can happen), or getting them some new drinks?? Annoying.

I get it that people coming in after the movie started are annoying but what's the point of being in the theater 45 minutes early?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    Wow, that's quite impressive. Everything about the new Spidey movie screams train wreck to me but obviously people are very excited to see it. Hopefully i'm wrong and the movie's great. But yeah, heading for (maybe) best opening weekend of the year?
    I am also getting the train wreck vibe as we draw closer to the film release because it just feels as if the movie has so much going on and there will not be enough time to cover everything, not to mention I was reading an article on screenrant about how the movie could ruin Otto perfect arc in Spiderman 2. this was were the train wreck vibe began for me.

Additionally the buzz about the film is now 100% resting on when we will finally see Tobey and Garfield show up, Sadly this is not a deciding factor of if the movie will be good or if it will be a train wreck.

if we go by spiderman's box office history track record, usually when he has an official weak movie that was all sony (Spiderman 3 and ASM 2) Those movies box office opened big but had big box office drop off and with MCU coming to a very breaking point of their formula as seen with Eternals, Black Widow and Shang Chi already. the chances of this movie been as great as Spiderman 2 (2004) is slim. the only saving net of money, is that it is still an MCU film and not a Sony movie alone.