Page 111 of 420 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

No way home is cancelled in Germany until the lockdown in every state is over.

Wow, I could puke. When No way home starts I already know everything about the movie because of the spoiler culture nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

Wow, I could puke. When No way home starts I already know everything about the movie because of the spoiler culture nowadays.
    I avoid all trailers and commercials, and enough has still seeped through to spoil a good bit of it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't get this sentiment...don't want to get spoiled? Then don't click on any discussions about the film, don't read any news articles about it, avoid podcasts or youtube videos about the film and if you see a friend on facebook comment about it then just scroll on by. The only way to get spoiled is if you actively seek it out.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I don't get this sentiment...don't want to get spoiled? Then don't click on any discussions about the film, don't read any news articles about it, avoid podcasts or youtube videos about the film and if you see a friend on facebook comment about it then just scroll on by. The only way to get spoiled is if you actively seek it out.
    Ha ha! That's funny. After saying you don't get it, then you show clearly that you do get it. To be spoiler free a person would have to manage their social media life and real life to avoid every possible spoiler, which seems next to impossible these days.

Maybe there's some feature on your devices you can click that filters all your content. If not there should be. Maybe instead of an algorithm creating your social media bubble, you should be able to do that yourself deliberately.

For myself, I don't spend much time on social media, but for many people this is a huge part of their life and it's very hard to stay unspoiled. Even for me, I do get spoiled a lot all the time. Youtube "spoiler-free" reviews will nevertheless have the reviewer say "this has been in all the trailers so it's not a spoiler." Which assumes that I've seen the trailers. And then the reviewer spoils the movie in a spoiler-free review.

In the old days, when I read reviews in the paper, I would always just read the top line and then the very bottom line--to avoid the spoilers in the body of the review. But click-baiting puts spoilers right in the headlines. So you can't avoid those unless you turn off all your electronics. Also you can't get a newspaper or magazine. You can't look at a billboard. You have to monitor your phonecalls and ghost any friends who might spoil things. Don't go to any social gatherings. If you go to see another movie at a theatre--make sure to stay out of the theatre until just when the movie starts, so you can avoid all the trailers. Or maybe just book a room at a hotel for a couple of months and stay in that room alone, without any internet or T.V., until just a minute before the movie opens at the local theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Ha ha! That's funny. After saying you don't get it, then you show clearly that you do get it. To be spoiler free a person would have to manage their social media life and real life to avoid every possible spoiler, which seems next to impossible these days.

Maybe there's some feature on your devices you can click that filters all your content. If not there should be. Maybe instead of an algorithm creating your social media bubble, you should be able to do that yourself deliberately.

For myself, I don't spend much time on social media, but for many people this is a huge part of their life and it's very hard to stay unspoiled. Even for me, I do get spoiled a lot all the time. Youtube "spoiler-free" reviews will nevertheless have the reviewer say "this has been in all the trailers so it's not a spoiler." Which assumes that I've seen the trailers. And then the reviewer spoils the movie in a spoiler-free review.

In the old days, when I read reviews in the paper, I would always just read the top line and then the very bottom line--to avoid the spoilers in the body of the review. But click-baiting puts spoilers right in the headlines. So you can't avoid those unless you turn off all your electronics. Also you can't get a newspaper or magazine. You can't look at a billboard. You have to monitor your phonecalls and ghost any friends who might spoil things. Don't go to any social gatherings. If you go to see another movie at a theatre--make sure to stay out of the theatre until just when the movie starts, so you can avoid all the trailers. Or maybe just book a room at a hotel for a couple of months and stay in that room alone, without any internet or T.V., until just a minute before the movie opens at the local theatre.
    ...it's not hard at all, everything I just said is incredibly easy, no one's forcing you to click on discussions of the film, reviews of the film or news items about the film and as I said it's easy to just scroll on by a tweet or post on Facebook if you see a friend mention the film.

And if you think trailers are spoilers...that's nothing new, they've always been that way.

It's a hundred percent true that you have to want to be spoiled in order to be spoiled.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 12-08-2021 at 09:17 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's a hundred percent true that you have to want to be spoiled in order to be spoiled.
    Lol no it isn't. People put spoilers in the title of articles now and you can simply be scrolling FB and it pops up on your feed. Some posters on boards will make topics with spoilers directly in the title, too.

Astonishing Member

Man that sucks sorry. Thats the thing with this year, you just don't know about covid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Lol no it isn't. People put spoilers in the title of articles now and you can simply be scrolling FB and it pops up on your feed. Some posters on boards will make topics with spoilers directly in the title, too.
    Exactly. You would have to completely avoid all social media. And even then like you said News articles sometimes spoil too with pictures let alone headlines. "See what _____ actor had to say about their surprise No way Home cameo!" "How hard was it for ____ to not speak of his secret return to the Spidey suit?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Thats what I am saying. But we have to live with it. Spoiler culture. Some people don't mind that at all. I have a friend who doesn't care about that, he would even let me tell him anything about a movie and then go see it. I cannot understand that...

Major spoilers 2 seconds into the TV commercials, before you have time to hit the mute or change the channels. Headlines on sites like CBR that give spoilers or show a pic. You don't have to read or watch anything about the movie for it to be spoiled.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

We were so pumped for that movie. Tried to get the tickets when pre order started. The message was clear, didnt work, so I called the cinema. they confirmed that it will get a full German release or non at all. And thats because only three states are under lockdown. They kill the momentum with that. They fear that revenue gets lost if they (whoever decided it) lose 3 states out of 16.

I think they will lose more money when they wait another month or two.

I think it won't run until January or later. For the box office it won't mean much, Germany is a very small market but for us Marvel or Spider-Man fans it means a lot.

Still a minor problem in times like these, some people dying of covid and I complain about not being able to go to the cinema because of covid.

Astonishing Member

We were so pumped for that movie. Tried to get the tickets when pre order started. The message was clear, didnt work, so I called the cinema. they confirmed that it will get a full German release or non at all. And thats because only three states are under lockdown. They kill the momentum with that. They fear that revenue gets lost if they (whoever decided it) lose 3 states out of 16.

I think they will lose more money when they wait another month or two.

I think it won't run until January or later. For the box office it won't mean much, Germany is a very small market but for us Marvel or Spider-Man fans it means a lot.

Still a minor problem in times like these, some people dying of covid and I complain about not being able to go to the cinema because of covid.
    Yes if you put it into context its not the end of the world. Covid sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Exactly. You would have to completely avoid all social media. And even then like you said News articles sometimes spoil too with pictures let alone headlines. "See what _____ actor had to say about their surprise No way Home cameo!" "How hard was it for ____ to not speak of his secret return to the Spidey suit?"
    Thats what I am saying. But we have to live with it. Spoiler culture. Some people don't mind that at all. I have a friend who doesn't care about that, he would even let me tell him anything about a movie and then go see it. I cannot understand that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Major spoilers 2 seconds into the TV commercials, before you have time to hit the mute or change the channels. Headlines on sites like CBR that give spoilers or show a pic. You don't have to read or watch anything about the movie for it to be spoiled.
    I think your barometers on what actually counts as a real spoiler are way high. If seeing a trailer counts as a spolier then you're never going to be spoiler free...and those tid bits mentioned about headlines? Come on, if you feel like those kinds of tiny information leaks spoil the viewing experience then again your expectations are way too high.

Astonishing Member

I think your barometers on what actually counts as a real spoiler are way high. If seeing a trailer counts as a spolier then you're never going to be spoiler free...and those tid bits mentioned about headlines? Come on, if you feel like those kinds of tiny information leaks spoil the viewing experience then again your expectations are way too high.
    A Trailer? Depends on...sometimes yes, sometimes no. I case of No Way Home, I just don't want to know every character appearance beforehand, because thats part of the fun of the movie.

Example: Godzilla vs Kong. Would you like to know who wins the fight, before you enter the movie? It was part of what makes it special, so better not no it beforehand. But wait a week, or longer and you will get spoiled by the media, or friends or whoever.

House of Gucci: Is it too bad to know how the Gucci family will end? No, because its common knowledge, its more interesting how it turned out, and how the actors bring it to the screen.

The trailer for Eternals spoiled that Ikaris was Ajak's murderer, i think that's pretty significant. And its not like i was watching one of those "breaking down the trailer" youtube videos.

This very site will post spoilers in headlines starting the day after a movie premieres (one reason i like to skip right to the forms, but CBR seems to be making that harder and harder to do).

What exactly if your definition of a spoiler?