Page 112 of 420 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    No way home is cancelled in Germany until the lockdown in every state is over.

Wow, I could puke. When No way home starts I already know everything about the movie because of the spoiler culture nowadays.
    Where did you get that information from? Social media? Sounds like fake news tbh. Sony Germany hasn't announced anything regarding a delay and no serious film media outlet is reporting it.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I think your barometers on what actually counts as a real spoiler are way high. If seeing a trailer counts as a spolier then you're never going to be spoiler free...and those tid bits mentioned about headlines? Come on, if you feel like those kinds of tiny information leaks spoil the viewing experience then again your expectations are way too high.
    Exactly.

It's so bad that someone reported Florence Pugh for showing her "Hawkeye" scene on social media after the episode had aired.

Her post got taken down because someone was complaining about her spoiling her own scene.

At a certain point, I think we have to make our own decisions to black out information on the entertainment we are interested in. Personally, I'm not bothered by spoilers but if one is, it's best one completely avoids stuff relating to the movies online.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    The trailer for Eternals spoiled that Ikaris was Ajak's murderer, i think that's pretty significant. And its not like i was watching one of those "breaking down the trailer" youtube videos.

This very site will post spoilers in headlines starting the day after a movie premieres (one reason i like to skip right to the forms, but CBR seems to be making that harder and harder to do).

What exactly if your definition of a spoiler?
    Hold on, how did the Eternals trailer spoil the Ikaris reveal?

I think your barometers on what actually counts as a real spoiler are way high. If seeing a trailer counts as a spolier then you're never going to be spoiler free...and those tid bits mentioned about headlines? Come on, if you feel like those kinds of tiny information leaks spoil the viewing experience then again your expectations are way too high.
    You are simply wrong here. Trailers give away major plot points and show big scenes. I avoid trailers and when I watch them after I see the movie, I almost always say "I am sure glad I did not see that beforehand, it would have ruined a big part of the movie."
    My expectations is not to know the plot twists before I go to the theater and not see the big special effects scenes. I like to be surprised and awed.
    Some don't care if they know everything that is going to happen. I do.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Where did you get that information from? Social media? Sounds like fake news tbh. Sony Germany hasn't announced anything regarding a delay and no serious film media outlet is reporting it.
    The cinema I used to go to. I live here.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    The cinema I used to go to. I live here.
    Well if I were you I'd try to purchase tickets at another cinema as they are clearly on sale. On Monday Sony put out a press release informing about the great start of the advanced tickets sale for No Way Home in Germany, so the theater you approached seems to be in the minority if it doesn't sell tickets for it.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 12-09-2021 at 10:24 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Hold on, how did the Eternals trailer spoil the Ikaris reveal?
    It didn’t, except for people who obsessively watch trailers over and over again trying to figure out what happens in the movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Well if I were you I'd try to purchase tickets at another cinema as they are clearly on sale. On Monday Sony put out a press release informing about the great start of the advanced tickets sale for No Way Home in Germany, so the theater you approached seems to be in the minority if it doesn't sell tickets for it.
    I have to check that out. Maybe he was just talking about the company he works for. I thought he was speaking for every cinema in Germany.

good idea from you, I hadn't thought of it.

Astonishing Member

Yep, some cinemas are showing it. I just called the one a few miles out of my hometown.

If nothing changes, they will show it. Thanks for the idea, I am happy now.

Silly me

Astonishing Member

I assume my local theater will just have back to back showings every day to satisfy demand and comply with safety protocols. This is a lot of money for them to be fooling around with.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You are simply wrong here. Trailers give away major plot points and show big scenes. I avoid trailers and when I watch them after I see the movie, I almost always say "I am sure glad I did not see that beforehand, it would have ruined a big part of the movie."
    My expectations is not to know the plot twists before I go to the theater and not see the big special effects scenes. I like to be surprised and awed.
    Some don't care if they know everything that is going to happen. I do.
    What I'm saying is that they always have...it's literally their purpose. They're their to shock and awe the audience, show people unfamiliar with it what's going on and to be expected and generally hype up the film. It's been that way since they first became a thing and they always will be that so complaining about them is like complaining that water is wet.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    The trailer for Eternals spoiled that Ikaris was Ajak's murderer, i think that's pretty significant. And its not like i was watching one of those "breaking down the trailer" youtube videos.

This very site will post spoilers in headlines starting the day after a movie premieres (one reason i like to skip right to the forms, but CBR seems to be making that harder and harder to do).

What exactly if your definition of a spoiler?
    I didn't see that in the trailer at all...

And again, it's your choice to browse places where there might be articles that reveal information you don't want to see. And if you think it's difficult to avoid that says more about your personal levels of media consumption and self control than anything else.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

What I'm saying is that they always have...it's literally their purpose. They're their to shock and awe the audience, show people unfamiliar with it what's going on and to be expected and generally hype up the film. It's been that way since they first became a thing and they always will be that so complaining about them is like complaining that water is wet.

I get that, which is why I don't watch trailers or commercials. I have found with No Way Home, it is particularly hard to avoid key parts of the movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

I have no interest in NO WAY HOME. I haven't watched any trailers. I haven't sought out any information on the movie. And yet simply by osmosis I feel like I already know everything about this movie. Go figure.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I get that, which is why I don't watch trailers or commercials. I have found with No Way Home, it is particularly hard to avoid key parts of the movie.
    Not all trailers are spoilers.

It depends on when said trailer is made and what version of the film it is cutting from.

The movie The Faculty had footage like Usher talking "This is some Weird... Sh" was NOT in the movie. In fact a LOT of his footage and one of Quincy Jones's daughters footage was CUT in the final feature.

Star Trek Nemesis, maybe First Contact, Insurrection, Wrath of Khan and Motion Picture too.