Page 211 of 420 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Jeez, are there bigots snowflakes. Any small bit of diversity in a movie, and they melt.
    One kiss ruins a movie??
    That's all it takes for rage bait youtubers. Watch them start calling the new Mario film "woke" with "femanist" Princess Peach.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    That's all it takes for rage bait youtubers. Watch them start calling the new Mario film "woke" with "femanist" Princess Peach.
    Plot twist! Mario has been captured and Princess Peach has to save him!

They are saving luigi who has been captured and rescued before in the games.

This peach is tame over the late 80s manga peach who jumps out of a second floor widow charging at bowser threating to tear him apart, karate chops the koopa kids on her own threating to blow them up and bowser had to hypnotize her to even catch her! She escapes on her own twice and had to rescue mario to boot! Don't mess with 80s manga peach! She will beat the snot out of you! She was deadly!

That manga was fun by the way. Even had luigi in a haunted house decade before luigis mansion.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-30-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I take it you saw the Geeks & Gamers video complaining about this already?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I take it you saw the Geeks & Gamers video complaining about this already?
    Interestingly, some of these guys were just normal entertainment YouTubers before.

Geeks and Gamers was just a normal channel at the beginning. I know they complained about Star Wars stuff but it wasn't from the reactionary right perspective.

A lot of them just fell into that space because the youtube algorithm does everything to boost them up.

It's so bad nowadays that they don't sound like they believe in what they are saying.

I mean, it's a good grift. As you said, you don't have to actually believe what you're saying to get views/money.

Just love the fact that someone decided hey let's make a movie about a rampaging bear high on cocaine.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm pretty sad Strange World didn't do better, I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was an excellent adventure film.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

One piece red comes in first place in china but shutdowns hurt all films there.

Its a wonderful life, christmas vacation and jim carrys the grinch returning to theatres.

Dark crystal returns to theatres dec 4 for its 40th birthday. (yes, i said 40! I feel old again.)

Ultraman movie that did well in japan comes to american theatres jan 11.

Fathom events is releasing pooh blood and honey to theatres.

SO 2023 is the year of the rabbit, but Hollywood is like nah 2023 is the year of the monkey.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    SO 2023 is the year of the rabbit, but Hollywood is like nah 2023 is the year of the monkey.
    No...it's the year of COCAINE BEAR !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm pretty sad Strange World didn't do better, I just got back from seeing it and I thought it was an excellent adventure film.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...ng/ar-AA14QkyQ

This gives some reasons that have nothing to do with the sexuality of the lead that the usual suspects are screaming.

I would also add this movie having Black Panther moved to show before it and the creature known as Avatar coming behind it-did not help.
    I would say Avatar being the bigger issue as it seems theaters (at least where I live are getting ready for it a bit too early).

Because while I was wrong in the December 6 date-it seem December 7th marks the last mass showings of Strange World and Wakanda Forever-because starting the 8th-WF has 8 and SW has 12 showings leading up to Avatar's first showing on December 15th.

Which is a bit unfortunate for SW and WF because at least here the 15th is the last day of school for a LOT of kids. Final exam testing and early releases.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Just love the fact that someone decided hey let's make a movie about a rampaging bear high on cocaine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No...it's the year of COCAINE BEAR !
    From the same studio that gave us Violent Night this month, will give us M3gan next month and then will unleash the coke bear on the following month.

It's like they want me to fall in love with them in short notice.

Speaking of Violent Night, it kicked as much ass as I had hoped so I'm glad it doesn't seem to be insta-flopping so far.

Someone in Twitter accurately described the movie as what happens when you mix Die Hard, Knives Out, Home Alone and The Northman in a blender.

With the twist being that the John McClane/Amleth action hero hybrid happens to be the actual Santa Claus.

Extraordinary Member

Update on a talk from the last dceu thread.
    Here some talk about RT audinece score vs cinemascore and other websites.

Original AnalysisIt’s time to ignore the Rotten Tomatoes Verified Audience Score (self.boxoffice)

[–]Significant-Chart-24 45 points 27 days ago quote-
    Unfortunately, any release with minimal controversy or that is part of some kind of online war tends to have unreliable ratings on this type of site. In some comic groups I'm in, people were trying hard to pretend that Black Adam was a success to discredit professional critics for giving good ratings to things like she hulk and other media they considered woke. Of course these people are very few and don't have the power to change the box office at the end of the day but their online presence is very strong.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...toes_verified/

and
    CinemaScore, Rotten Tomatoes, and movie audience scores, explained
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/8/1...etacritic-imdb
    Last edited by mace11; 12-03-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    and
    CinemaScore, Rotten Tomatoes, and movie audience scores, explained
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/8/1...etacritic-imdb
    That article is garbage and written by someone who doesn't have a clue.

"Even accounting for a CinemaScore grade’s limited utility, at least there’s some methodology behind it: It polls people who did, at minimum, actually watch the movie. But with Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, and IMDB scores, that’s not necessarily the case. None of these sites require users to prove that they’ve seen the film. All a person has to do is register for an account on the site."

That is false. With the verified audience score on Rotten Tomatoes one has to prove they have purchased a ticket for the movie via Fandango before they can rate it.

Okay, just saw that the article was written in 2018 and therefore is outdated. So it was correct when it was published but isn't relevant anymore since RT has changed its audience score in the meantime.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.