Page 107 of 420 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Encanto expected to make $35 to $40m and $70m ww.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/encanto...ew-1234879647/

Ghostbusters up to $48m.

Spider-man nwh still expected to make $175m!
    Maybe I'm wrong but I have got to think Encanto will do better than that over a five day weekend.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but I have got to think Encanto will do better than that over a five day weekend.
    Well it looks like Encanto is going to win the weekend. But it doesnt look like its going to make more than 40 million if that. Sheesh. This is where we are now. A movie making 35 or 40 million over thanksgiving weekend. And being the top movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Encanto expected to make $35 to $40m and $70m ww.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/encanto...ew-1234879647/

Ghostbusters up to $48m.

Spider-man nwh still expected to make $175m!
    175M USA Box office or is that worldwide?

I will be surprised to see No way Home get that high although some say the pandemic is over, however I don't think the bleeding has stopped yet.

Additionally I am getting this vibe that movie is going to be a mixed with all the trailers and promos it just looks like too much is too much, there is this big multiverse stuff and yet marvel would still have to balance that with their formula which has become fatigue.

I have a feeling the movie is heading towards a rough landing from what I have seen so far. although a big box office would be nice because it will give other movies more hope not to do streaming with cinema releases, movies like Dune would have earned more if it was not on streaming.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    175M USA Box office or is that worldwide?

I will be surprised to see No way Home get that high although some say the pandemic is over, however I don't think the bleeding has stopped yet.

Additionally I am getting this vibe that movie is going to be a mixed with all the trailers and promos it just looks like too much is too much, there is this big multiverse stuff and yet marvel would still have to balance that with their formula which has become fatigue.

I have a feeling the movie is heading towards a rough landing from what I have seen so far. although a big box office would be nice because it will give other movies more hope not to do streaming with cinema releases, movies like Dune would have earned more if it was not on streaming.

Who the hell is saying the pandemic is over? Are you watching the news?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Who the hell is saying the pandemic is over? Are you watching the news?
    it depends, according to some ''polls'' many Americans feel life has returned to normal, Though take that with a grain a salt when you think many people in southern red states, don't even believe the pandemic was ever real.

The point here is a 175m for Spiderman is and should be pointing toward a 300m domestic gross, which will be the first in the pandemic era, that is huge, however if the movie sucks, it may gross just under 250m. if it is great then 300-400m is likely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    it depends, according to some ''polls'' many Americans feel life has returned to normal, Though take that with a grain a salt when you think many people in southern red states, don't even believe the pandemic was ever real.

The point here is a 175m for Spiderman is and should be pointing toward a 300m domestic gross, which will be the first in the pandemic era, that is huge, however if the movie sucks, it may gross just under 250m. if it is great then 300-400m is likely.

It doesnt matter what the polls say. The market got crushed today, the infection rate is rising everywhere. Europe is going into new lockdowns and their is a new variant that is freaking people out. Anyone who is saying the pandemic is over and things are normal are idiots.

BANNED

Dune officially passes 100m at the USA Box Office. Very very well deserved, despite the fact that I think the movie may not have been appealing enough for multiple repeat viewings.

Ghostbusters still doing well. Families still going.

Encanto even with the great reviews having a slow start. Is expecting to make $46m thanksgiving weekend.

RE reboot off to a not as good start.

[Disney is reporting $5.8M, -23% from Wednesday, for its second day of Encanto, though many rivals believe the movie actually made more; at least $6M. If there’s any major fluctuation to the movie’s 5-day outcome, that will become evident today and tomorrow. For now, the Jared Bush, Bryon Howard and Charise Castro Smith-directed movie is looking at a 3-day of $32.9M and 5-day of $46.6M. [/QUOTE]

[Of all the movies that had the best holds in the top 10 on Thanksgiving day, it was Sony’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife which made $5.3M, -2% from its Wednesday result. Even though Disney isn’t crushing it like they typically do over Thanksgiving with an animated movie, between Ghostbusters: Afterlife and Encanto, you can’t say families aren’t going to the movie. The Jason Reitman-directed movie’s second weekend now stands at $26.6M, -40%, with a 5-day of $37.2M, and running total of $90M, which puts it 4% ahead of Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters through ten days, natch, the holiday helping. [/QUOTE]

[MGM/UAR’s House of Gucci saw $3.39M in day 2, -19% from its opening day on its way to a revised $15.4M 3-day, $23M 5-day. iSpot says UAR spent $12.8M on TV spots for House of Gucci on such networks as NBC, Fox, CBS, the Paramount Network and Lifetime, on such shows as NFL games, Friends reruns, Yellowstone, The Voice, and the World Series.

Sony/Screen Gems/Constantin’s Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City saw an estimated $1M in 5th place, -60% from Wednesday, for a revised and lowered 3-day and 5-day of $4.58M and $8M. Note, Sony always saw this poorly reviewed movie from audiences and critics between $8M-$10M over 5-days. [/QUOTE]

https://deadline.com/2021/11/encanto...ce-1234880192/

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Ghostbusters Afterlife is gonna finish a strong #2 to Disney this weekend. So Sony has to be pleased with it. The film on Friday closed at $73+ million (Its budget was $75+ million) and its weekend should finish at $90+ million more than likely. Sony has to be pleased and now the real wait is on. Will the film out do Ghostbusters (2016) ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Ghostbusters Afterlife is gonna finish a strong #2 to Disney this weekend. So Sony has to be pleased with it. The film on Friday closed at $73+ million (Its budget was $75+ million) and its weekend should finish at $90+ million more than likely. Sony has to be pleased and now the real wait is on. Will the film out do Ghostbusters (2016) ?
    It very well could.

It seems to be holding very well.

If it could maintain its steam into holiday season, it should pass the 2016 version.

The projected top films ...

https://variety.com/2021/film/box-of...nd-1235120485/

Its been said that Resident Evil only has a $25 million budget and Screen Gems understood keeping its budget low. They expect to do what the other films do and be huge hits outside international wise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Familes went out to the movies this weekend. Odd as this weekend tends to be slow.

Encanto and ghostbusters split the families in two.

Encanto hit $70m ww.

SUNDAY AM UPDATE, Refresh for more analysis and chart: Without Paramount’s Top Gun: Maverick in the marketplace, the Thanksgiving box office was much lighter than previous holidays, grossing an estimated $141.3M over 5-days, off 46% from 2019’s pre-pandemic holiday. Two family movies, Disney’s animated Encanto, which banked 52% of its $40.3M 5-day gross from Latino and Hispanic audiences, and Sony’s Ghostbusters: Afterlife which delivered $35.3M in its second weekend over Wednesday-Sunday, were the top destinations for families. Worldwide, Encanto hit its global studio projection with a $70M start.

If Disney CEO Bob Chapek is wondering whether families went to the movie theaters or not, the answer is yes, they did. It’s just there was another family title on the marquee doing business. Over three days, Encanto did $27M to Ghostbusters: Afterlife’s $24.5M. Rivals studio estimates show both movies being even closer than that, so we’ll see where they settle tomorrow. Unfortunately, it stands to be argued that with Encanto launching over the Thanksgiving frame, general moviegoers might have felt it was Disney/Pixar’s Coco all over again from the marketing. Perhaps launching the movie during a different season of the year would have distinguished it more.
    Meanwhile, despite headlines about the Omicron virus, adults finally found their way to the cinema with United Artists Releasing-MGM’s House of Gucci building the best opening for a drama in the last two years at the box office with $14.2M over 3-days and $21.8M over 5, the last being Sony’s Little Women over Christmas 2019 ($16.7M 3-day, $29.2M 5-day).
    UAR/MGM had two home runs this past weekend, the other being Paul Thomas Anderson’s 1970s teen comedy Licorice Pizza which posted the best opening screen average (as opposed to theater average) ever with $83,8K from four screens: LA’s Regency Village and NYC’s Lincoln Square, Village East, & Alamo Brooklyn — all 70MM prints. Pic’s opening weekend of $335K even beats the openings of Anderson’s previous specialty openings: 2014’s Inherent Vice ($328K, 5 theaters), 2017’s Phantom Thread ($216K, 4 theaters), 2007’s There Will Be Blood ($190,7K, 2 theaters). Licorice Pizza‘s debut ranks behind the openings of the 8x Oscar nominee’s The Master ($736K, 5 theaters) and 2002’s Punch Drunk Love ($367K, 5 theaters). It’s important to note the potency of Licorice Pizza‘s opening: Not only did the movie post the best gross at LA’s Regency Village in 25 years, one needs to realize that with a film such as The Master, that movie had more screens per theater. Licorice Pizza is raking in cash only off of four. That’s remarkable. Great exits at 87% positive and 73% definite recommend. The 18-34 bunch came out at 72%, leaning toward guys 66%, with 70% Caucasian, 19% Hispanic and Latino, 3% Black and 8% Asian. Close to 70% of the audience were college graduates.
    While Sony came up high on Ghostbusters: Afterlife, the studio came up low on their R-rated genre Capcom videogame adaptation Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City which made $5.3M over 3-days, $8.8M over five.
    https://deadline.com/2021/11/encanto...ry-1234881076/

Astonishing Member

To me I don't see anything coming out next week that will impact box office. So whatever is out right now is gonna bring in decent money. West side story comes out Dec 10th so that maybe will do pretty well?

Extraordinary Member

Ghostbusters Afterlife is not beating Ghostbusters 2016 worldwide but it will be more successful because the budget is much lower.
    Ghostbusters Afterlife will beat Ghostbusters 2016 domestically.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Ghostbusters Afterlife is not beating Ghostbusters 2016 worldwide but it will be more successful because the budget is much lower.
    Ghostbusters Afterlife will beat Ghostbusters 2016 domestically.
    Well the last film opened in 65-66 international markets so it helped it earn $100+ million worldwide there.

Due pandemic this one will get a release in 49/50 international markets. Its not gonna do as well likely due to that international wise.