Page 346 of 420 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Mermaid and red door are head to vod tonight. Little early for red door isn't it?
    Maybe not. Red Door already made more in North America than the previous Insidous movie before the pandemic, and internationally it's not far off. It's already a big hit either way. Maybe they want to leave well enough alone. And next weekend Talk to Me comes out for horror fans. I didn't think much of the trailer. but it's from A24 and it has surprisingly great reviews so I'll give it a chance.

Barbie doing great in china.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...keeps_helping/

Barbie did better on Monday than Saturday!
    Good to see the movie also has good word of mouth there, even if their Hollywood cinephile market has been shrinking for years.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

WB Discovery has to look at this year and see that the biggest 2 hit films they have had is Evil Dead and Barbie. 2 genre films that are different than what they normally do. So its something Zaslov has to sit and think....what IP's do we have that are "different" and can be used right now?

WBD is gonna be rolling out the following films ahead the next few years....

The Exorcist
    Beetlejuice
    Willy Wonka
    Lethal Weapon (Gibson is directing it)

The other franchises they have right now they can make money on is :

Nightmare on Elm Street
    Friday the 13th
    The Lost Boys
    Police Academy
    Ocean's (film series)
    Never Ending Story
    Gremlins
    Deep Blue Sea
    Dirty Harry

There are 10 film franchises that WBD can mine right now for films. With horror films in and crossover films big now....Warner Bros has 3 properties they can do films on horror wise.

Lost Boys could be a good PG-13 horror film series with young audience to jump onto.

There are rumors that Clooney is wanting to do a new Oceans film so that could happen.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Never Ending Story
    I'm sceptical if they still have the rights for that, and I'm not even sure if they had the rights in the first place ...

Sorry ...not the reality of it....Robbie came on as producer...AFTER she signed.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/anne-ha...20-1202267729/

Mattel wanted Robbie and pushed for her to be cast and made her a producer on it.

She told WB in the meeting during casting about her pitch for it as well. But Mattel went to WB 1st with rights. Robbie came after being cast due to Mattel pushing for it....so no. She didn't make WB pick up the film. They already had in 2018. She got cast in 2019.

(I like Robbie and she did a great job. But its clear WB was gonna make the film and they went with Mattel's pushing and her ideas as well during meeting to cast her)
    That was a whole lot of text just to agree with my initial point.

There are rumors that Clooney is wanting to do a new Oceans film so that could happen.
    There is already an Ocean's movie in development starring

...Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member

WB Discovery has to look at this year and see that the biggest 2 hit films they have had is Evil Dead and Barbie. 2 genre films that are different than what they normally do. So its something Zaslov has to sit and think....what IP's do we have that are "different" and can be used right now?

WBD is gonna be rolling out the following films ahead the next few years....

The Exorcist
    Beetlejuice
    Willy Wonka
    Lethal Weapon (Gibson is directing it)

The other franchises they have right now they can make money on is :

Nightmare on Elm Street
    Friday the 13th
    The Lost Boys
    Police Academy
    Ocean's (film series)
    Never Ending Story
    Gremlins
    Deep Blue Sea
    Dirty Harry

There are 10 film franchises that WBD can mine right now for films. With horror films in and crossover films big now....Warner Bros has 3 properties they can do films on horror wise.

Lost Boys could be a good PG-13 horror film series with young audience to jump onto.

This is the sort of thing that's killing Hollywood; remakes of old movies or TV shows. Make new stuff, guys! Not just warmed over old stuff. See what happens when you make something new? You can score big at times.

As for a new Ocean's movie...sure, why not. Sequels to a series that hasn't been choking theatres to death don't strike me as being a terrible idea, if you do them right. And hopefully get the cast to work cheap.

I don't even know if the zeitgeist is right for a new Dirty Harry movie, or if it would even work without someone as intense as Eastwood as the lead. Or if Milius would be interested. Same with Police Academy. Also, it's a comedy, and those can't be made these days.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-25-2023 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    That was a whole lot of text just to agree with my initial point.

There is already an Ocean's movie in development starring

...Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling.
    If by some fate Robbie didn't sign on in 2019...WB would have pushed on to cast someone. They had gotten the rights with Mattel in 2018. They wanted Robbie for it as did Mattel. But had something happened like it did with Sony (that went through 2 different actresses) WB would have tried casting someone else.

It's a case where everything fell together like WB and Mattel wanted.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Barbie just had the best monday ever for a WB film- $26 million.

It's surpassed the Dark Knight's figure (unadjusted of course) of $24.6 million.

Barbie is a complete beast. It could end up being one of if not WB's biggest movie ever.

(Maybe WB should stop sending out superhero movies to bomb and focus on other properties they have).

Astonishing Member

I am not a CEO but could someone logically explain to me why Disney would release Haunted Mansion in July instead of say October?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am not a CEO but could someone logically explain to me why Disney would release Haunted Mansion in July instead of say October?
    I was wondering the same thing ever since I saw the first trailer. Makes no sense.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I had the same thought yesterday when I was reading this thread. I think Haunted Mansion is going to be killed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I had the same thought yesterday when I was reading this thread. I think Haunted Mansion is going to be killed.

Probably I dont know. But its just seems obvious, to release a movie like that around Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Barbie just had the best monday ever for a WB film- $26 million.

It's surpassed the Dark Knight's figure (unadjusted of course) of $24.6 million.

Barbie is a complete beast. It could end up being one of if not WB's biggest movie ever.

(Maybe WB should stop sending out superhero movies to bomb and focus on other properties they have).
    Looks like out of all the movies that they are releasing, none are original, they are either remakes/adaptations or sequels.

Horror films are becoming very bankable through the year now. Evil Dead did great in April. Insidious : Red Door did great in June. So the studios are thinking....we can release horror films through the year now if need be.

Kids dont see movies in October? Parents want to see College Football and NFL?

Astonishing Member

Horror films are becoming very bankable through the year now. Evil Dead did great in April. Insidious : Red Door did great in June. So the studios are thinking....we can release horror films through the year now if need be.

I suppose so. But with Disney its probably not gonna be some massive horror story. Just odd to me that a movie like this that probably appeals to families ( well if its any good) wouldn't fit perfectly around halloween.

Granted October isnt historically the best month for movies. But there have been some big hits that have happened that month.