Page 186 of 420 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Folks forget the empire strikes back did not surpass the original star wars movie and second one was better then the first one.
    So having a sequel not surpassing past films is not only a thor thing.
    It happen with age of ultron as well and other movies like superman 2,the new star trek 2 and 3 movies etc..and most of thier budgets were higher.

Thor 4 passed Thor in domestic box office. Just didn't do it worldwide because of No China or Russia. Thats why I have said a million times What the 2nd Doctor Strange did was amazing.

As someone pointed out. Only two Marvel sequels didn't make more than the previous movie. IM2 and Age of Ultron.

Universal passes $3b at the world wide box office for this year!

https://deadline.com/2022/08/univers...22-1235091837/

She-hulk getting the first few episodes released as a "movie" in LA theatres. Everyone else can jump off a creek says disney.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-15-2022 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, because 700 million is a terrible box office number that clearly marks this as a failure.
    They paint the narrative as failure to justify their political mindset. I did not like Captain Marvel personally, but I would be lying to suggest it flopped at the Box Office at 1 billion.
    Last edited by Maestro 216; 08-15-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Thor 4 passed Thor in domestic box office. Just didn't do it worldwide because of No China or Russia. Thats why I have said a million times What the 2nd Doctor Strange did was amazing.

As someone pointed out. Only two Marvel sequels didn't make more than the previous movie. IM2 and Age of Ultron.
    And IIRC it was you who predicted here this Thor would reach 400 million domestic before the movie came out, which seemed a little far-fetched to me because the Gorr comics awed me a bit at the time but I had no reason to think adding Waititi's stamp to them would shoot up Love and Thunder way above Ragnarok. But I didn't say anything because, well, the movie hadn't come out so who knows right?

Not to say I want to attack the movie at this point (even if I was cringing into my seat the first time I watched it, and no other people laughing out loud at the same time didn't help at all, even if I warmed to it at the second watch), but I'm amused at how movie Strange is currently a "bigger" hero (including probably previewing Secret Wars) than Thor when it comes to sequels. In the comics, it's usually the other way around, where Strange can't always keep a comic at the same time as Thor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    And IIRC it was you who predicted here this Thor would reach 400 million domestic before the movie came out, which seemed a little far-fetched to me because the Gorr comics awed me a bit at the time but I had no reason to think adding Waititi's stamp to them would shoot up Love and Thunder way above Ragnarok. But I didn't say anything because, well, the movie hadn't come out so who knows right?

Not to say I want to attack the movie at this point (even if I was cringing into my seat the first time I watched it, and no other people laughing out loud at the same time didn't help at all, even if I warmed to it at the second watch), but I'm amused at how movie Strange is currently a "bigger" hero (including probably previewing Secret Wars) than Thor when it comes to sequels. In the comics, it's usually the other way around, where Strange can't always keep a comic at the same time as Thor.
    I wouldn't say Strange is the bigger Hero. most people like Thor more than Dr Strange, but his movie was more interesting than Thor 4. Maybe thats the reason. At least that is what I can tell when I talk to my friends and other people about that.

Astonishing Member

Well you are correct. I overestimated based on what Doctor Strange did. But it made more than the last one. I will say with a few exceptions release dates are so key to these movies. I remember when the first Suicide Squad came out, that thing raked in money for months. Eventually making like 325 million. Not because it was a good movie but nothing of note was released against it. Thor 4 seems to be in the same boat. It just keeps churning out decent box office. There isn't anything out there.

This is why I sad the 45 day release thing which Disney doesnt have it decides when their movies get released to streaming is totally nuts. I know WB said we are not doing this anymore. Thor 4 might have another 20 million left in it if nothing else comes out to knock it out of the theater. These places have to run something.

Box office predications is out for this week. Dragonball expected to come in first defeating beast! DBZ expecting $15m. Beast $10m.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...te-1235342926/

Dragonball now expecting $17m to $20m.

https://deadline.com/2022/08/box-off...ba-1235096162/

Edit-some predicting $17m to $20m while other sites predicting $24m.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-20-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Last edited by Gaastra; 08-20-2022 at 06:14 AM.

Apparently the Power of Xenu is far greater than Thanos as Top Gun:Maverick surpasses Infinity War at the Box Office. https://www.cbr.com

Beast is treading water. It's almost like Idris Elba is a supporting actor masquerading as a leading man. That is why Suicide Squad was better than The Suicide Squad, Will Smith had charisma.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-20-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Apparently the Power of Xenu is far greater than Thanos as Top Gun:Maverick surpasses Infinity War at the Box Office. https://www.cbr.com

Beast is treading water. It's almost like Idris Elba is a supporting actor masquerading as a leading man. That is why Suicide Squad was better than The Suicide Squad, Will Smith had charisma.
    He worked as Knuckles.

Extraordinary Member

That is why Suicide Squad was better than The Suicide Squad, Will Smith had charisma.
    ....what are you talking about? The Suicide Squad was the better film by miles

Astonishing Member

I'll watch Beast because it's right up my alley, even if I'd already watched a movie with a similar premise. It was called Prey and Peter Weller was in it.

But I'll keep my expectations in check because I see Beast being compared to Crawl and I really loved Crawl. Alligators>lions.

Astonishing Member

That is super impressive.

I'll watch Beast because it's right up my alley, even if I'd already watched a movie with a similar premise. It was called Prey and Peter Weller was in it.

But I'll keep my expectations in check because I see Beast being compared to Crawl and I really loved Crawl. Alligators>lions.
    It reminded me of Cujo. Yes I know it's based off a book but I never read it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest