Page 265 of 420 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Because what marvel does makes news Albert. If an executive at paramount or lions gate leaves their job no one even notices or blinks an eye.
    The movie entertainment news can't leverage paramount or lionsgate to push their articles as they do with marvel studios news.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The movie entertainment news can't leverage paramount or lionsgate to push their articles as they do with marvel studios news.
    Yup. Better articulated than me. Thanks. I really wish you could give thumbs up on this site.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yup. Better articulated than me. Thanks. I really wish you could give thumbs up on this site.
    I think some would be happy if Marvel just shutdown.

I have never seen folks complain and hope for failure so much.

There is too much "I don't like it and it shouldn't be made" attitudes and way too much of that targets certain demographics.

Maybe because of inflation choices have to be made in what gets watched. Instead of watching Shazam and Creed- Creed WON out.

Maybe it's better to wait for that streaming window than going to a theater.

Maybe there is too much variety of things to do beside go see a movie.

Maybe folks are NOT interested in a 3rd Antman movie.

But all this end of comic movie nonsense. It's not going to end, it's going to adapt.

Because not everything needs a theater run.

Because not everything needs a $500 million budget.

You adapt. Not pander to doomsayers who hate the existence of Black Panther, Cap Marvel, a twerking She Hulk, a black storm trooper, a black woman commanding a starship or different racebent Velma.

Because who will be the MAIN one complaining about nothing new or different being made after the 100th Batman movie.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

There is too much "I don't like it and it shouldn't be made" attitudes and way too much of that targets certain demographics.

Maybe because of inflation choices have to be made in what gets watched. Instead of watching Shazam and Creed- Creed WON out.

But all this end of comic movie nonsense. It's not going to end, it's going to adapt.

You adapt. Not pander to doomsayers who hate the existence of Black Panther, Cap Marvel, a twerking She Hulk, a black storm trooper, a black woman commanding a starship or different racebent Velma.

Because who will be the MAIN one complaining about nothing new or different being made after the 100th Batman movie.
    Who is complaining and who is wanting the MCU to fail?

Astonishing Member

100 percent agree.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to remember under Bob Iger , Disney went to more Marvel films per year due to box office bombs like John Carter and Lone Ranger . So he can say ...oh we need to cut back on those. But what will Disney replace them with ? They tried new big budgeted IP's that were box office bombs and Iger got scared of how bad they did.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Who is complaining and who is wanting the MCU to fail?
    Want me to pull up the Nerdrotic catalog? Midnight Edge? Critical Drinker?

Ultimate Member

This is probably the best take on this topic. Seriously, even mainstream "outlets" that should know better are keying into this nonsense.

I've never seen so many people hope for a studio to fail. All context which includes reduced showing times for Marvel movies last year, no China releases (until late last year), the pandemic day and date strategy, and even the actual effects of the pandemic have been completely ignored for some people to simply scream that Marvel is failing. When in fact despite all these issues, none of their movies (maybe except Eternals) have been flops. It's certainly not an argument one would expect to see in a comic book forum where people are supposed to know better.

The simple fact is that as you pointed out (and as I have pointed out countless times), a lot of people simply don't want to see another Ant-man movie. Ant-man isn't Iron man, Captain America or even Thor, throw in the mixed to negative reviews and it's not some massive shock that it dropped massively at the box office.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Want me to pull up the Nerdrotic catalog? Midnight Edge? Critical Drinker?
    There are DOZENS of youtube channels that have been complaining and wanting Marvel to fail since Captain Marvel made over a billion.

Geeks and Gamers made over 100 videos on Captain Marvel alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is probably the best take on this topic. Seriously, even mainstream "outlets" that should know better are keying into this nonsense.

I've never seen so many people hope for a studio to fail. All context which includes reduced showing times for Marvel movies last year, no China releases (until late last year), the pandemic day and date strategy, and even the actual effects of the pandemic have been completely ignored for some people to simply scream that Marvel is failing. When in fact despite all these issues, none of their movies (maybe except Eternals) have been flops. It's certainly not an argument one would expect to see in a comic book forum where people are supposed to know better.

The simple fact is that as you pointed out (and as I have pointed out countless times), a lot of people simply don't want to see another Ant-man movie. Ant-man isn't Iron man, Captain America or even Thor, throw in the mixed to negative reviews and it's not some massive shock that it dropped massively at the box office.
    I mean Shazam is also doing terrible so it isn't only Marvel.

Anime craze is hitting china right now and looks like pre ticket sales for suzume are great. It may break an anime opening record in china. This film along with slam dunk has done great world wide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...lm_phenomenon/

Here in America--crappy fathom limited release with no ads for it almost at all and its out in a few weeks. Great job there guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Anime craze is hitting china right now and looks like pre ticket sales for suzume are great. It may break an anime opening record in china. This film along with slam dunk has done great world wide.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...lm_phenomenon/

Here in America--crappy fathom limited release with no ads for it almost at all and its out in a few weeks. Great job there guys.
    I had no idea what this was before I watched its trailer before the Demon Slayer movie but it totally got my attention then. If all theaters were smart to play it before that $10 million audience, maybe that could be enough.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...00m_around_16/

Overseas box office-Suzume hitting $16.04M in presales in china. Getting more showings than any other anime there. America limited release in a few weeks with no ads.

Family wants to see D&D so looks like totoro 35th birthday this weekend, D&D next weekend and mario week after! This has to be the most we have gone to the movies in years! We will pass on godzilla this weekend with totoro also out in theatres.

Box office--

John wick made $8.9m in previews last night. Off to a great start.

In china Suzume broke the opening record for a non china movie post virus! In sadder news shazam 2 dropped 92% in china! Ouch.

In fact, looks like Suzume made more on its first day than shazam 2 did its full china run! Ouch!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-24-2023 at 07:57 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

To the shock of no one... John Wick 4 ...LAID WASTE to everyone at box office this past weekend.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...am-1235360910/

Ant Man 3 itself seems to be closing , close to its 2019 domestic box office take as its now at $209.9 million domestically and will likely hit $210 million on Monday.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.