Page 369 of 420 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Disney PR---(Or any studio math) BIGGEST HIT OF ALL TIME!!!

Disney Accountants---We really took a killing on that movie and look at how much we lost, so that means we write it off as a loss and make money...

Disney Fans---They did great this year!!! I loved their movies and who cares about breaking even, it was a great movie/show and the critics loved it!

Disney Haters---WORST film ever, Disney is going to fold or be sold to Comcast for $1. Worst year in existence...Go Woke, Go Broke...

Disney Shareholder(The ones with millions in shares)---Oh look at my Disney dividend, I think I will go buy another yacht...

Actuality---We are still going to make movies and shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    2023 is probably Disney's worst year at the BO. It doesn't matter if 4 of their films has made it in the top 10 domestic so far if the budgets are enormous. Box office receipts and budgets go hand and hand. The Justice League finished at number 10 domestically but was still considered a flop due to the massive budget and expectations.

Avengers: Endgame is one of the most expensive films ever made and it became a huge box office hit. It grossed almost $2.8 billion at the box office.
    Avengers: Endgame cost around $400 million to alone produce. Not just the production budget, but also marketing, talent participations, and other costs. Deadline Hollywood reported the film's final net profit as about $890 million.

Mighty Member

Elemental’ Is the Most Viewed Movie Premiere on Disney+ of 2023
    Elemental earns 26.4 million views in its first five days of streaming.

With how well both Elemental and The Little Mermaid are doing on Disney+, I wonder how much Disney+ is reducing Disney's box office numbers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Elemental’ Is the Most Viewed Movie Premiere on Disney+ of 2023
    Elemental earns 26.4 million views in its first five days of streaming.

With how well both Elemental and The Little Mermaid are doing on Disney+, I wonder how much Disney+ is reducing Disney's box office numbers.
    This is a very good question.

It's been mentioned to death in this thread, but it bears repeating, a lot of people don't know which Disney stuff is going straight to their streaming service or to theatres.

Their last live action remakes before TLM (Pinocchio and Peter Pan) went to Disney+ and a lot of their animation went straight to streaming as well. I'm convinced that a lot of people (who aren't perpetually online) simply assume everything Disney (except Marvel) goes straight to the service.

Because the numbers that Disney "claim" their movies are doing on the service suggests that a lot of people simply waited for the movies to stream.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This is a very good question.

It's been mentioned to death in this thread, but it bears repeating, a lot of people don't know which Disney stuff is going straight to their streaming service or to theatres.

Their last live action remakes before TLM (Pinocchio and Peter Pan) went to Disney+ and a lot of their animation went straight to streaming as well. I'm convinced that a lot of people (who aren't perpetually online) simply assume everything Disney (except Marvel) goes straight to the service.

Because the numbers that Disney "claim" their movies are doing on the service suggests that a lot of people simply waited for the movies to stream.
    The audience was trained to do this during COVID. Heck, I do it myself. I'm a huge fan of Guardians of the Galaxy and loved the first two films but the wife isn't a huge fan but instead of finding time to just go and see it myself I just decided to wait a few months and watch it on Disney +. And I did the same with the Flash, normally I would have gone to see that but why when I can watch it when ever I want at home if I just wait?

And I'm hardly alone.

This is something I think studios are going to have to think about when they doll out their money to directors.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Turtles thanks to good word of mouth and toy sales is getting a second film and tv show spin-off.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/t...ng-1235679837/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The audience was trained to do this during COVID. Heck, I do it myself. I'm a huge fan of Guardians of the Galaxy and loved the first two films but the wife isn't a huge fan but instead of finding time to just go and see it myself I just decided to wait a few months and watch it on Disney +. And I did the same with the Flash, normally I would have gone to see that but why when I can watch it when ever I want at home if I just wait?

And I'm hardly alone.

This is something I think studios are going to have to think about when they doll out their money to directors.
    Agreed.

As much as I consider myself a film lover, I only saw a handful of films in the theatre this year. I can very easily wait for a movie to come to streaming rather than pay money to go see it (since I'm already paying for streaming either way).

There was a survey that showed that a lot of people's first movie post-pandemic was Barbie. That same survey showed that a lot of people don't plan on visiting theatres with the same regularity as pre-pandemic.

The studios will have to adjust their productions and projections to "new reality". Those $200 million budgets will probably become more scarce than before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Turtles thanks to good word of mouth and toy sales is getting a second film and tv show spin-off.

Good to hear. Mutant Mayhem's mid-credits scene means we could get a Batman Begins to The Dark Knight experience for the sequel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

That was confirmed before the movie came out.

Toy sales must have been higher considering they came out the week of the movie in some areas.

And I'm hardly alone.

Blue Beetle is the only movie I have seen in theaters and will be the last DC movie I do that with. Not interest in Batman and his entitled friends.

I would have done Spiderverse and Turtles but knowing they were going to have sequels (and Spidervrse was a two parter)-I could wait and get the DVDS (got Spiderverse already).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That was confirmed before the movie came out.

Toy sales must have been higher considering they came out the week of the movie in some areas.

Blue Beetle is the only movie I have seen in theaters and will be the last DC movie I do that with. Not interest in Batman and his entitled friends.

I would have done Spiderverse and Turtles but knowing they were going to have sequels (and Spidervrse was a two parter)-I could wait and get the DVDS (got Spiderverse already).
    Batman and his entitled friends?

No oppen on vod till nov looks like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...ut_on_digital/

Crayon shin shin movie 31 (yes 31st film) has highest opening in the series in japan.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/lat...x-office-gross

Extraordinary Member

Its true for me as well; streaming has greatly reduced my going to a theatre. You don't have to leave home, it costs less per movie, refreshments are cheaper and what they are is up to you, no driving...the pros go on and on.

Certain movies however, should be seen in a theatre IMO. There just aren't that many of them.

wait a second, Slotherhouse is actually good? Haven't seen it myself, but it sounds like based on people who have seen it that the movie is actually good. I had the movie peg as being bad.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    wait a second, Slotherhouse is actually good? Haven't seen it myself, but it sounds like based on people who have seen it that the movie is actually good. I had the movie peg as being bad.
    I wouldn't say good it's OK you get what you pay for.

The live action animated once upon a studio short in front of wish will now air on abc. But why? This has many worried wish has been delayed to next year.