Page 213 of 420 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    From what I’ve seen, Box Office Mojo only updates international once a week. They just did, but BP2 only went up $31-million. If that’s all it got this week, it definitely won’t catch MOM worldwide, ending somewhere in the 800’s.
    That's not to surprising, afaik BP has at the domestically an extremly high percentage of Black viewers in comparison to other Marvel Movies.
    In most other big international markets that demographic is simply much smaller.

Allready the first Black Panther had in comparison to other marvel viewers a lower ration of international vs domestic box office. And that was with a China release and without the World Cup.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    It has made $400 million
    Black adam did not make 400 million.

WORLDWIDE
    $384,172,000

Extraordinary Member

Here is some interesting analysis about the mcu box office this year,including black panther 2 and the rest of the box office.

Violent Night Box Office, Wednesday Netflix Viewership vs Strange Things 4, Oscars 2023

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Black adam did not make 400 million.

WORLDWIDE
    $384,172,000
    Whoop de freaking do, off by 16 million atm. I see you didn’t have a problem with the guy off by 184 million hmmm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The commando remake with santa filling in for arnold made $11.8m.
    It actually turned out to be a bit above projections and made $13.3 million. $20.3 million worldwide, which seems promising because the movie's budget was 20 million. I'm surprised The Menu cost more (30 million) being by comparison a slow burn thriller. Xmas budgeting magic I guess.

Violent Night's Cinemascore was B+ which should be great for a profanity heavy splatterfest rightfully rated R. Double specially if you consider it a horror movie. I think it's more action comedy but Santa does have a higher body count here (and at times extremely messy) than many slasher movies.

Astonishing Member

Here is some interesting analysis about the mcu box office this year,including black panther 2 and the rest of the box office.

Violent Night Box Office, Wednesday Netflix Viewership vs Strange Things 4, Oscars 2023

Yea that's an interesting insiders view of the movie market. With the whole world of streaming its hard for me to really grasp what's going on. I cannot believe theaters like what is happening. There have been 3 billion dollar movies since 2020 now. And really the Jurassic park movie brought in 25 percent in China. And no one can rely on a China release anymore. A few years ago we were getting multiple billion dollar films a year. Now if there is one its a big deal. In 2019 alone there were 9 billion dollar movies! Thats how much the market has changed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yea that's an interesting insiders view of the movie market. With the whole world of streaming its hard for me to really grasp what's going on. I cannot believe theaters like what is happening. There have been 3 billion dollar movies since 2020 now. And really the Jurassic park movie brought in 25 percent in China. And no one can rely on a China release anymore. A few years ago we were getting multiple billion dollar films a year. Now if there is one its a big deal. In 2019 alone there were 9 billion dollar movies! Thats how much the market has changed.
    Grace left out china and russsia too for thor 4.
    Clearly it would have made 800 million and more.
    Anyway i disagree with her saying the typical marvel movie makes 800 million.
    That is not true either.

Marvel movies just like dc's are over the map from phase 1 to 4.
    It's just that marvel(non mcu and mcu) makes more on average then dc.

It's like when certain folks say marvel movies,solo ones were and are suppose to make a billion and over these days.
    Not true and not necessary.

Note-
    Thor 4 for disney broke even/made profit,so disney are fine with that.
    Last edited by mace11; 12-05-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Grace left out china and russsia too for thor 4.
    Clearly it would have made 800 million and more.
    Anyway i disagree with her saying the typical marvel movie makes 800 million.
    That is not true either.

Marvel movies just like dc's are over the map from phase 1 to 4.
    It's just that marvel(non mcu and mcu) makes more on average then dc.

It's like when certain folks say marvel movies,solo ones were and are suppose to make a billion and over these days.
    Not true and not necessary.

Ive basically said all you can compare movies to is other movies from that year. At least domestically. And the box office overall pretty much stinks. Im sure there are many many reasons for that.

Astonishing Member

Black Adam $200m is just production not marketing. Film needs $500m plus to make a profit. $200m isn't even half there so that is wrong.
    600 Million USD to break even!

https://variety.com/2022/film/box-of...ss-1235449487/

Flash runs to June 16! Same day as pixars elementals, week after transformers and two weeks after spider-verse with the same multiverse plot getting released first and three weeks before indy 5!

Next summer's going to be packed!

So, flash will have to fight spider-man, pixar and optimus prime opening day and indy 5 two weeks later!

No pressure.

https://deadline.com/2022/12/the-fla...ne-1235190095/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-05-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I just read that.

Given that BA isn't that popular, shouldn't WB have kept the budget down?

For a relatively obscure character, the movie's performance isn't really too bad. The problem is the massive budget.

Yes, The Rock is expensive but he's not that big of a star to sell this sort of project solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Smh. DC needs to get their stuff together.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Flash runs to June 16! Same day as pixars elementals, week after transformers and two weeks after spider-verse with the same multiverse plot getting released first and three weeks before indy 5!

Next summer's going to be packed!

So, flash will have to fight spider-man, pixar and optimus prime opening day and indy 5 two weeks later!

No pressure.
    Summer is packed with movies I’ll want to see, but I think Flash should still be the leader in that pack, if it’s any good. Transformers and Indy are aging franchises. Based on the BO of the first one, animated Spider-Man is not the same kind of juggernaut as live action, and Pixar hasn’t had a big theater hit in while. Based on the decision, it feels like they decided that Indy is the biggest threat in that group, which is why they away from it and towards the others.

Transformers and Indy are aging franchises.
    Pretty sure flash who started in the golden age is an older ip than both combined!

New transformers trailer is getting great reactions and 90s kids are excited over beast wars. Pixar had one film in theatres post virus start thanks to bob dimwit and it was the oddball spin-off over the loved turning red. This is a new ip pixar film not a cars 3 pixar film! WB underestimated them. That may be a mistake if trailers are good.

Also, thing about spider-verse is it's the same thing as flash. Multiverse plot and spider-verse is just a few weeks before. Thats never good when two films with the same plot gimmick is weeks apart.

With that said they release a kickbutt trailer than even with the ezra mess can see this doing great. (bet the lean on batman in the ads as well!)

So in an odd twist the two top films in china are anime! One piece red and detective conan! Man, i wish we got the conan film in american theatres like many of the other counties.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...-2-1235274954/