Page 161 of 420 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 6298

Thread: The Box Office

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Top Gun is looking to take around $150m+ this memorial day weekend.

That's massive and I'm really surprised. The excellent reviews really supercharged interest in the movie.

Dr Strange is looking to do around $21m. The movie has actually held very well after the second weekend drop. I'm happy to see this because I want the MCU to continue to try different approaches to their movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    This is good news about top gun. Also happy to see Tom Cruise back as a box office king, even if top gun is more of a legacy kind of franchise movie. Tom Cruise is one of the last original bankable box office stars we have left in Hollywood apart from Will Smith and Tom Hanks.

Also the movie looks great, the trailer show cased some fine film artistry, I need to find time to go see it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Top Gun is looking to take around $150m+ this memorial day weekend.

That's massive and I'm really surprised. The excellent reviews really supercharged interest in the movie.

Dr Strange is looking to do around $21m. The movie has actually held very well after the second weekend drop. I'm happy to see this because I want the MCU to continue to try different approaches to their movies.
    400 looks like a lock.

$150m for top gun looks like.

Bobs burgers with great reviews but some of the worst trailers of all time heading for $17m.

No word on chip and dales limited release box office yet.

https://deadline.com/2022/05/top-gun...ce-1235034420/

Astonishing Member

Doc strange just went to #1 domestic for the year. Now #1 domestic and worldwide.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Doc strange just went to #1 domestic for the year. Now #1 domestic and worldwide.
    If for the rest of its run MOM drop just around 40% weekly WW it may make a billion, I don't think it can but there is a chance. I'm estimating it ends around $960m - $980m.

That said I don't get this new narrative that Phase 4 of the MCU is struggling. Even if you accept Eternals failed so it seems the MCU brand remains strong.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    That said I don't get this new narrative that Phase 4 of the MCU is struggling. Even if you accept Eternals failed so it seems the MCU brand remains strong.
    People seem to be comparing it to Phase 3 with billion dollar hits Infinity War, BP, CM, and Endgame, but those were the culmination of the story. We’re back at the beginning. Phase 4 is more Phase 1 and 2 with new characters and the overarching story just forming. Shang-Chi and Eternals should be compared to Thor 1 and CA: First Avenger, or maybe Ant-Man or DS1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    If for the rest of its run MOM drop just around 40% weekly WW it may make a billion, I don't think it can but there is a chance. I'm estimating it ends around $960m - $980m.

I agree with you estimate. I can't make a real prediction till I see international returns this week.

Astonishing Member

Doc strange up to 877 million worldwide

Top gun brought in 160 million domestic over 4 day weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    For now either Jurassic Avatar 2 or Marvel take the spot.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Yeah, I don’t see DS2 finishing the year in first domestic or WW. Still, a great run.

I’d guess Jurassic domestic and Avatar 2 WW. A2 will probably get China. It can drop a ton and win.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Yeah, I don’t see DS2 finishing the year in first domestic or WW. Still, a great run.

I’d guess Jurassic domestic and Avatar 2 WW. A2 will probably get China. It can drop a ton and win.

Lord knows what China is going to take now a days.

Doctor Strange is now at $500 million overseas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Doctor Strange is now at $500 million overseas.

I find the fact thats its made over 48 million in South Korea interesting. Thats a huge hit there.