Page 62 of 420 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: The Box Office

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Fast 9 got released in China. BW did not. Its not comparable. Fast and Furious 9 made 215 million dollars alone in China.
    That's why I said if. You know.

And if you look, the new Fast movie did less in China than previous installments due to them not liking it as much. Is it possible piracy not only will have zero effect on Black Widow's China office but they will love Black Widow as much or even more than let's say a Spider-Man or Aquaman movie? Maybe and I don't really care, but we'll see.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    That's why I said if. You know.

And if you look, the new Fast movie did less in China than previous installments due to them not liking it as much. Is it possible piracy not only will have zero effect on Black Widow's China office but they will love Black Widow as much as let's say a Spider-Man movie? Maybe and I don't really care, but we'll see.

You keep trying to compare movies right now that are not comparable. Its sort of odd how you keep trying to twist your money figures around things that are not comparable in this market right now. Fast And Furious has made more 1/3rd of its money in China. Black Widow hasn't been released there. Trying to compare these movies is nuts. Take out the 215 million for Fast and Furious in China. Where are you?

Astonishing Member

You keep trying to compare movies right now that are not comparable. Its sort of odd how you keep trying to twist your money figures around things that are not comparable in this market right now. Fast And Furious has made more 1/3rd of its money in China. Black Widow hasn't been released there. Trying to compare these movies is nuts. Take out the 215 million for Fast and Furious in China. Where are you?
    Do you know what "if" and "compare" mean?

Astonishing Member

Do you know what "if" and "compare" mean?

What if are useless in these times. I really don't know what your agenda is but its strange. You seem like a smart guy. You have a grasp what is going on. But you sort of want to get into hypotheticals and stuff that I don't really understand. You keep comparing apples and oranges. But not even that. You keep attempting to make correlations between movies in an environment that has no precedent. Its really odd.

Astonishing Member

What if are useless in these times.
    So you really don't know what if (or "what if") means, and equalling "these times" or "this market" with the pandemic in general when replying about China and Fast 9's box office. I'm not speculating anything. China's theater industry rode out the pandemic to the point it can gross as high as 800 million dollars for a single of their movie nowadays but the last Fast and Furious movie did less there than previous pre-pandemic movies. I already went over this. If you didn't know, don't care about history being relevant, and don't care enough about this discussion to check and see for yourself if I'm being inaccurate, that's not my fault.
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-22-2021 at 09:33 PM.

RIP if true. It needed to make business similar to Godzilla vs Kong to be worth the expense, and without China now that's almost impossible.
    It probably made back its budget with all the merchandise and tie in products. The box office is just icing on the cake. SJ2 was basically just WB way to get the Looney Tunes back to being merchandise juggernauts and relevant again (which I more than welcome being a huge Looney Tunes fan).

I expect SJ2 to hold the number one spot this weekend

Astonishing Member

So you really don't know what if (or "what if") means, and equalling "these times" or "this market" with the pandemic in general when replying about China and Fast 9's box office. I'm not speculating anything. China's theater industry rode out the pandemic to the point it can gross as high as 800 million dollars for a single of their movie nowadays but the last Fast and Furious movie did less there than previous pre-pandemic movies. I already went over this. If you didn't know, don't care about history being relevant, and don't care enough about this discussion to check and see for yourself if I'm being inaccurate, that's not my fault.

The fast and furious movies overseas market has nothing to do with BW. Nothing. Because BW hasn't been released there. Literally 1/3rd of the entire box office of Fast and Furious has been Chinese. Without China that movie has made 379 million worldwide. That is how jacked up this box office is right now. That means without that China box office. Fast and Furious made 157 million bucks in the states, and the rest of the world without China it made, two hundred and twenty two million. Has any body even bothered to look at these horrible box office returns in most every country on earth before trying to correlate dumb crap with regular years? It seems many of you have more of a weird agenda trying to prove on movie against another than actually discussing box office.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    It probably made back its budget with all the merchandise and tie in products. The box office is just icing on the cake. SJ2 was basically just WB way to get the Looney Tunes back to being merchandise juggernauts and relevant again (which I more than welcome being a huge Looney Tunes fan).

I mean thats a bold claim. However I will say who the freak knows now lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

The headlines would be cool, even if I want to like Old and for it to give us a surprise.

The fast and furious movies overseas market has nothing to do with BW. Nothing.
    I'm aware and allowed to wonder how BW could do in China compared to other superhero movies pre-pandemic, but it just went over your head.

Astonishing Member

The headlines would be cool, even if I want to like Old and for it to give us a surprise.

I'm aware and allowed to wonder how BW could do in China compared to other superhero movies pre-pandemic, but it just went over your head.

I don't now wtf BW could have done in China pre pandemic. I don't wtf it could have done in Brazil or Norway either.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 07-22-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't now wtf BW could have done in China pre pandemic. I don't wtf it could have done in Brazil or Norway either.
    BW wasn't really delayed that much for China as far as the pandemic goes (it's the west that's taking longer to get the act together) since just last year they already had a 400 million dollar grossing movie locally. They were recovered enough last year that Sony tried to release Monster Hunter there first before North America (which failed due to local censoring, not anything pandemic related).

Piracy could potentially hurt BW there infinitely more than the pandemic but we'll know in due time.
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-22-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

BW wasn't really delayed that much for China as far as the pandemic negative effect goes goes (compared to its west release) since just last year they already had a 400 million dollar grossing movie locally. They were recovered enough last year that Sony tried to release Monster Hunter there first before North America (which failed due to local censoring, not anything pandemic related).

Piracy could potentially hurt BW there infinitely more than the pandemic but we'll know in due time.

BW hasn't been released in China. Do you have some date that it will be?

Astonishing Member

BW hasn't been released in China. Do you have some date that it will be?
    No. And I don't think it matters as far as bellyaching about movies in North America not making 200 million yet, since in China only the local reception to the movie itself and not the pandemic will make that call, and if rampant piracy will cut into that the damage is already done and Disney just has to own it and act accordingly.

Astonishing Member

No. And I don't think it matters as far as bellyaching about movies in North America not making 200 million yet, since in China only the local reception to the movie itself and not the pandemic will make that call, and if rampant piracy will cut into that the damage is already done and Disney just has to own it and act accordingly.
    Then why in gods name did you just say BW hasn't been delayed that much in China when you have no clue if and when it will be released there.

Astonishing Member

Then why in gods name did you just say BW hasn't been delayed that much in China when you have no clue if and when it will be released there.
    Because BW was initially slated to release 2020 in North America. Accordingly with how previous movies were released, it would have released the same year/maybe the same month in China (as long as not banned, which I'm not aware ever happening with MCU movies) and we're talking about the same year China gave 60 million to Hollywood's Tenet and 400 million to one of their local movies.